Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2008, 13:30   #16
Give, give, give member

Re: Hyndburn 2009 year of Culture

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarePritchard View Post
Gayle

Like hell it was Peters idea, just ask Lynne Wilson who worked on this idea with her for a good part of last year. I'm not often compelled to comment on Accy Web but credit where credits due please. Panoptican in Rhyddings Park, excellent idea Neil, do you want me to put it to Mid-Pennine next time I'm over there? LOL
Oh Clare, don't disillusion me!

I'll have to adjust my tally, if as you say this wasn't Britcliffe's baby.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-11-2008, 13:39   #17
God Member

Quote:
Gayle

Like hell it was Peters idea, just ask Lynne Wilson who worked on this idea with her for a good part of last year. I'm not often compelled to comment on Accy Web but credit where credits due please. Panoptican in Rhyddings Park, excellent idea Neil, do you want me to put it to Mid-Pennine next time I'm over there? LOL

Sorry Clare.

All I was trying to say was that I didn't have the original idea so I didn't want crediting for it. As it happens I do, after dredging through my memory, remember a meeting a long time ago when the idea was brought up as a concept.

To be honest, i don't want to get in the middle of a political battle on this because it's such a good idea that I don't want it spoiling. I'm happy to give credit where it's due though.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 13:53   #18
K-P

Quote:
I'm not often compelled to comment on Accy Web
I think accyweb should apologise for putting you out then
Old 12-11-2008, 15:51   #19
God Member

I do believe that the European City of Culture for 2009 is to be the Lithuanian capital, Vilnius, best known up to now as being the place to go for a weekend's p**s up. However, it seems to me that, seeing as the Russkies are up to their old tricks again, the place could get invaded next year, so it may be best to stay at home. The alternative (for all you culture vultures like me) would be to have a couple of weeks in Hyndburn and participate in this splendid initiative (apparently thought up by everybody in the town).

We have already had a foretaste of things to come with the audience reaction to Jekyl and Hyde, which provoked a level of critical comment and audience participation rarely seen outside London's Globe Theatre.

So maybe we could get one of the IT boys on here to stick a link on to the Vilnius culture website so that every time someone hits they are redirected to the Hyndburn one. If the jobs done right, then the borough could expect a good couple of million visitors next year.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..