Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-08-2009, 21:37   #46
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Hyndburn Mela

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
If one or two of them got on with their work instead of watching the mums who are using the play area it would be finished by now.

LOL they need something to do while they drink cups of tea all day.

Maybe if you had washed your knees 30 years ago you would have been helping organise the Mela each year
Old 14-08-2009, 21:45   #47
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Maybe if you had washed your knees 30 years ago you would have been helping organise the Mela each year
Nice one Neil, but I think me and Gayle are miles apart, instead of wasting time organising a mela, she would be coming to the footy with me.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2009, 21:48   #48
Senior Member+

oooh top of the street, we will be there sounds good and we missed last years, cant remember why tho

its a gathering for everyone, bo one will be turned away because of ethnicity or anything like that, its free, the lottery people pay for it and theres no opt-out when you buy a ticket, if you dont like it then dont buy one, no ones forcing you to go, why are you complaining??

some people just like to have something to complain about!

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2009, 21:51   #49
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum View Post
some people just like to have something to complain about!
Too right they do, do you anyone like that?

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 14-08-2009, 22:24   #50
God Member

Re: Hyndburn Mela - the fabulous new band stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atarah View Post
Thursday and the band stand still not finished, but ......they are working really hard on it. I must say, its looking AMAZING, very much like the original one! Well done to the local firm who are involved in it.

atarah

That looks amazing! I never knew that we had that sort of facility here in Accy............my only concern is the dreaded vandalisim issue, what has been done to ensure that this magnificent structure is not 'abused'?

Secondly Gail, how would I go about getting my own band (a 7 piece Modern Country Rock outfit) involved (too late for this year)? It would be great to perform on that stage in my adopted 'home town'.

See y'all there!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2009, 04:52   #51
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
Secondly Gail, how would I go about getting my own band (a 7 piece Modern Country Rock outfit) involved (too late for this year)? It would be great to perform on that stage in my adopted 'home town'.
Well Pete if you sneek up one quiet Sunday morning at 6am...........

Or change the bands name to say The Mela Boys spend a bit too long under a sunbed and then see Gayle, sorted.

Old 15-08-2009, 05:30   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post

!
not sure if there is a dress code but sure something like this would help
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mens clothing.jpg (33.5 KB, 13 views)
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2009, 05:33   #53
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
Now you can't fail to get the gig

Old 15-08-2009, 07:29   #54
God Member

Quote:
Well Pete if you sneek up one quiet Sunday morning at 6am...........

Or change the bands name to say The Mela Boys spend a bit too long under a sunbed and then see Gayle, sorted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
Quote:
Now you can't fail to get the gig

Guys, my question was a serious one, and to have it 'bastardised' by you 2 really ****es me off............Baggy,whilst Im sure you comments were more tounge in cheek,Im afraid your reputation preceeds you,and I for one find your 'racially motivated' remarks unwelcome.

Steeljack,thanks for the pic,however I didnt realise they had Mela's in AFGANISTAN..............Hmmm

www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
Old 15-08-2009, 07:46   #55
Super Moderator

Note to Gayle: Cowboy's band which also includes Shakermaker is really the business (check out their website). I reckon they would make an interesting and enjoyable contrast to the other musical fare on offer and add a little more of that highly fashionable factor, "diversity". If you do decide to book them next year I for one will definitely be coming!
Old 15-08-2009, 08:35   #56
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Note to Gayle: Cowboy's band which also includes Shakermaker is really the business (check out their website). I reckon they would make an interesting and enjoyable contrast to the other musical fare on offer and add a little more of that highly fashionable factor, "diversity". If you do decide to book them next year I for one will definitely be coming!

Thanks Wyn!!

www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
Old 15-08-2009, 09:35   #57
God Member

Quote:
Nice one Neil, but I think me and Gayle are miles apart, instead of wasting time organising a mela, she would be coming to the footy with me.

As it happens, that's what I'm doing today - going to the football. Some people are quite capable of having lots of different tastes!

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2009, 09:38   #58
God Member

UK Cowboy - would have loved to have had you play. In fact, as it happens one of my bands cancelled last week and I had to find another band so if I'd have known about you last week I would have asked you.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2009, 09:54   #59
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
UK Cowboy - would have loved to have had you play. In fact, as it happens one of my bands cancelled last week and I had to find another band so if I'd have known about you last week I would have asked you.
Well worth booking the lads for next year, Gayle!
Old 15-08-2009, 09:56   #60
God Member

well i hope the weather is better tomorrow than it is today

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..