Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-08-2009, 22:22   #76
Senior Member+

Re: Hyndburn Mela

aah we saw the first lot... ty spent most of his time in their tent... coulda given that guy a run for his money! lol

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-08-2009, 07:03   #77
God Member

Well the Telegraph have made a booboo today. They've put that I work for Mid Pennine Arts in the article - I haven't worked for them for 18 months. It doesn't half cause a lot of embarrassment all round when the Telegraph do this - I don't know why they do it, when they get press releases they should just stick to what they know and not what they think they know!!!!!

Anyway, other than that - thanks for coming folks - katex, sorry I didn't see you or you know I'd have come and said hello. Emamum would have been nice to have met you.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2009, 09:20   #78
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
Well the Telegraph have made a booboo today. They've put that I work for Mid Pennine Arts in the article - I haven't worked for them for 18 months. It doesn't half cause a lot of embarrassment all round when the Telegraph do this - I don't know why they do it, when they get press releases they should just stick to what they know and not what they think they know!!!!!

Anyway, other than that - thanks for coming folks - katex, sorry I didn't see you or you know I'd have come and said hello. Mam would have been nice to have met you.
Think its more a case of lazy journalism Gayle, they only read what they want to, serve them right if you didn't do a press release and made them work for the wages
Old 17-08-2009, 10:04   #79
God Member

I came for a brief period of time. I was on my own though and did feel like a bit of a lemon didn't see you Gayle but didn't have my glasses!
Old 17-08-2009, 10:06   #80
Senior Member+

i saw you gayle but you looked very busy and i didnt want to bother you

are there any pictures from it in todays telegraph?

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
Old 17-08-2009, 11:31   #81
God Member

There are a few and if I get chance in a short while, I'll download some.

Old 17-08-2009, 11:33   #82
Senior Member+

the photographer took a pic of ty playing one of the samba drums, was wondering if it had gone in

Old 17-08-2009, 14:19   #83
Beacon of light

No, there are just two pics......one of a young asian girl with henna decorated hands....and another one of a singer....not one of a little boy playing drums......aah, I hope he won't be too disappointed.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2009, 17:25   #84
God Member

Waste of time the 'Telegraph'; they suggested the Mela was an Asian event. An excerpt from the article: "The popular Asian event, featuring bands, DJs and ethnic cuisine". Where do they get these ideas?
Full article here: Hyndburn Mela comes home (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2009, 17:31   #85
Senior Member+

ah... paul says the photographer said "accrington summat" so it might be the observer

i was walking away cos Grace didnt like the drums

Old 17-08-2009, 17:42   #86
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
No, there are just two pics......one of a young asian girl with henna decorated hands....
My little `un had her hands done with the henna at a community BBQ over in Burnley yesterday and my god it stains......not just her hands either.....ask the missus about her jeans...
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2009, 18:13   #87
Resting in Peace

Can see that Kipax is processing 'photos for his site.

Sports Photography
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2009, 21:24   #88
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
Waste of time the 'Telegraph'; they suggested the Mela was an Asian event. An excerpt from the article: "The popular Asian event, featuring bands, DJs and ethnic cuisine". Where do they get these ideas?
Full article here: Hyndburn Mela comes home (From Lancashire Telegraph)
Well they said I work for Mid Pennine Arts so accuracy of reporting is not necessarily the main criteria for being a Telegraph reporter.

Old 17-08-2009, 21:47   #89
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
Well they said I work for Mid Pennine Arts so accuracy of reporting is not necessarily the main criteria for being a Telegraph reporter.
That and spellling.

You're lucky they didn't print your name as Gale Night with all the spelling errors we've seen in there recently.
Old 18-08-2009, 09:35   #90
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
That and spellling.

You're lucky they didn't print your name as Gale Night with all the spelling errors we've seen in there recently.
Well with the rate of knot's Gayle's been going at over the last few weeks a slip like that Lilly may have been justified

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..