Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-09-2006, 13:31   #31
I am Banned

Thumbs up Re: Industry Nightclub

Been in a couple of times now and i just cant help but see it in the news for all the wrong reasons in a couple of weeks. Stick to the Bees Knees on St. James st.
silvermain is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-09-2006, 13:50   #32
Senior Member+

Re: Industry Nightclub

I go in on a regular basis, usually for the last hour after i've finished work. Tahir & Mucktar (owners) have spent almost every last penny that they've got on this venture. They have come in for a lot of unfair criticism over the past months. What everyone needs to remember, is that, they are both new to the business, & inevitably, they will make mistakes. How about people trying to back a couple of local businessmen who are trying their best. It amazes me that not long ago everyone was screaming out for a new venue, as soon as 1 does open, certain indiviuals can't wait to slate the place. If you don't like it you can alway's go to Lar-De-Dars, now there's a fun place (not).

By the way, the toilet attendant is no longer there. Don't even get me started on the racial abuse these two guy have to endure every single night.

The views expressed here are my own & are not necessarily those of the site.

Last edited by AccyJay; 22-09-2006 at 13:53.
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2006, 15:00   #33

I would like to say Accyjay that in my previous post I wasn't slagging off Industry Nightclub. I made a report on my own personal opinion of my night out, which I should add I really enjoyed. Industry is a good night out for those who are into nightclubs. It is certainly better than Lar De Dars.

Silvermain has his own opinion of sticking to the Bees Knees, which I disagree with. Bees Knees is a bar with a late licence, I always like a good dance when I go out! A good dance which I enjoyed up in Industry, which I also enjoy in the Bridge (sometimes).

I haven't been back to Industry since my post, not because I didnt enjoy it - I just haven't been out much recently (must be my old age), however a girls night out is planned for tomorrow night and I probably will go up as I believe it is free before 11?

I think any local businesses need support, and good on the two gents who have made a go with Industry. A shame the toilet guys have gone, was gonna try and sneak a peek

People will always have their own opinions good and bad - I haven't heard many negative remarks about this place, in fact my friends who do go always say what a good night they've had. I think negativity gets more publicity than good which is a real shame.
Kisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2006, 15:14   #34
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisser
I would like to say Accyjay that in my previous post I wasn't slagging off Industry Nightclub.

Silvermain has his own opinion of sticking to the Bees Knees, which I disagree with. Bees Knees is a bar with a late licence,
I wasn't saying that you slagged them off, i did read your report. Bee's knee normally closes at midnight.

If there is a few of you going out tomorrow night, then i suggest that you speak to Taz earlier on in the evening, about getting in for free later (tell him that Jay from Bailey's told you to ask). Alternatively, pop in for a quick drink when it's free and ask him then.

Old 22-09-2006, 21:28   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgan_brotherz
Haha did I hell as like. I washed my hands and he offered my soap and I said 'nah mate your right'. So there was no need for me to tip (the drinks were expensive enough as it is.. never mind the fee to get in).

Unless he wanted paying for watching men pee.. :/

But dont get me wrong.. I always generally tip waiters etc.. bar staff. Usually in the Calder as they are really nice in there.. but come on.. Industry.. there's nothing to tip for really..
why tip the bar staff and not the toilet attendant? you would rather have someone pour you a drink than have clean toilets..come on old chap!

Last edited by Mancie; 23-09-2006 at 11:52. Reason: a bit rude
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2006, 01:30   #36
God Member

Glad they lost the attendant, I personally feel uncomfortable with it and feel obliged to tip, when I shouldn't feel obliged to tip anyone.
This place sounds a lot like our new pub here, punch taverns just spent 250 thousand refitting it after two idiots ripped out the fittings to what was a good american theme bar.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2006, 11:31   #37
Junior Member+

I have read this thread from the beginnin and i have also been in Industry several times, it lacks a `WOW` factor that a new site should have but its accrington and well...that says it all =)

If u dont go out often its worth a visit as are all the other bars apart from 1 AccyJay "you can alway's go to Lar-De-Dars, now there's a fun place (not).
" id have to agree on that.
Who knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2006, 11:35   #38
God Member

One of my close friends work behind the bar......so probably will go in for a sneaky peek one night ( when I ACTUALLY GO OUT THAT IS ) could be a while..........

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2006, 14:25   #39

Cheers Jay from Baileys :-) I will do that. Sounds like there's a few of us girlies out, starting off in Calder then stagger elsewhere. I will also make sure I pop into Baileys too, watch out Jay :-)
Old 23-09-2006, 14:58   #40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisser
Cheers Jay from Baileys :-) I will do that. Sounds like there's a few of us girlies out, starting off in Calder then stagger elsewhere. I will also make sure I pop into Baileys too, watch out Jay :-)
I doubt you'll even notice me, i'll be lurking in a corner somewhere.

Old 26-09-2006, 16:44   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyJay
I doubt you'll even notice me, i'll be lurking in a corner somewhere.

Aha with my careful detective work (asking Mat ) you were spotted and I even gave u a cheeky wave. Not sure if you knew who I was, but you waved back
Old 26-09-2006, 17:28   #42
Senior Member+

I wave at everyone who waves at me. Don't worry though i did realise who you were. Did you get into industry for free?

Old 29-09-2006, 20:36   #43
God Member

an accyweb trip to this industry place would be worth comin up for, would have to be soon though cos if i end up kipping in the van i don't want it to cold.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2006, 12:03   #44

If accyweb were to arrange a meet in Accrington then I'd be more up for it, as all the meets you seem to have are in Ossy. I've never really been out round Ossy, and living in Accy I'd much rather have a few beers with you all in Accrington - after all it is 'Accy'web.

We could end up in town and as Madhatter says maybe even up Industry and show our support!
Old 31-10-2006, 16:12   #45
Junior Member+

I went into industry at the weekend, & noticed that the place is really going downhill fast. There where holes in the wall in the gents toilets (pictures below) & a friend told me that one of the doors in the ladies was hanging off it's hinges. The holes had been repaired by putting a poster over them.

Industry Toilets 01.jpg

Industry Toilets 02.jpg

Industry Toilets 03.jpg
Who knows is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..