Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2006, 07:10   #1

Industry Nightclub

Anyone going to the opening of the new night club in Accy this Thursday? My best friend has got us "VIP tickets", just hoping its a good night and not a dive like some other nightclubs we've had in the past. Am still really looking forward to it. Now then, what should I wear ......
Kisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-08-2006, 09:54   #2
God Member

Re: Industry Nightclub

I'd hazzard a guess that it'll be something pink - have a good night
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 14:43   #3
Senior Member+

where is it ???????
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 14:59   #4
God Member

used to be millenium takeaway...i think
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 15:03   #5
Senior Member+

ah yeh reember readin about it, is that big enough for a club lol??

when is opium supposed to reopen?
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 16:25   #6
g78

It was open last night .... had a little red carpet outside, that was about the classiest thing about it really. Unfortunately the wait for it to open was not really worth it, lots of black, funhouse mirrors, bubbles and water and tight spaces. Much more fun when it was the Christmas shop!
Old 02-08-2006, 19:41   #7

Its 3 floors apparently, but I'll see tomorrow. It's a free ticket, got the day off on Friday to let the hang over pass so I'll give it a go. And yes Accymad, I might try and route something out that's pink
Old 03-08-2006, 18:56   #8
Senior Member+

Was talking to the landlord of one of Accy's better establishments on Tues after he had been and he said it was pants.Said you could tell where the money had run out! G78 said "tackorama! " The bar is supposedly stainless steel but is so thin it gives if you lean on it...be interesting to see how long this one lasts.Beware of the bottleneck that is the entrance if it does get busy.
Old 07-08-2006, 03:15   #9
Junior Member+

i used to work there when it was almost christmas, i wouldnt mind seeing industry for a laugh. betting its empty this time next year
target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 11:49   #10

Well I had a good night, but that's probably more to do with the fact I always enjoy myself when I haven't had a night out for a while. Went round town and got to Industry about midnight. First thing I noticed was the plush carpet, and how that isn’t gonna stay very plush for very long!

3 floors was a bit of a con! More like 2 and a half. The first floor kinda curved round with 3 or 4 steps to the second floor.

It was ok, all looked very new – but its not gonna stay looking very new for very long in Accrington. It looked a lot like the old Voodoo Lounge with all the glass tubes with bubbles. Suppose some people might find this classy, but I wasn’t so sure.

Two separate DJ’s playing similar sort of music – one DJ on the second floor the other on the third. Two dance floors, very small but surrounded by wacky mirrors like you’d see in Blackpool to try and make the whole place look bigger. A lot of broken glass on the dance floors – shame they don’t stop people going on with their drinks.

There were cocktails, draught lager and bitter, I thought the drinks were reasonably priced.

The thing that made me laugh the most was the man in the mens toilet offering hand towels and after shave to the punters!! Now I thought this was a couple of lads winding me up (apparently I’m gullible), but I hear this to be true – there is a bloke in the mens toilets who gives you hand towels, check if you need anything and offers you some aftershave before you leave!!

There was nothing like this in the ladies. Gutted haha.

The ladies loos were badly laid out though, 5 loos, 2 sinks and 1 hand dryer and the door to the loos opens up on the sinks so if there is a queue to get in you can’t get to the sinks cos the door blocks them.

The mens – well, me and my friend were certainly given an eye full on our exploration to the third floor. As you walk up the steps the mens loo is right at the top, but the urinals are opposite the door. As men go in and out of the loo you are faced with men doing their business! To make it worse, the door doesn’t always swing shut. So ladies beware when going up to the third floor!

All in all, I had a good night. Thanks to Bisch for the tickets. However, I wont be going back as I have got used to not paying to get in anywhere in Accy. With the Bridge and Attic being open to the early hours there is no point paying to get in somewhere. Entrance is about £4.00.
Old 07-08-2006, 14:17   #11
Senior Member+

pay to get in? that prob wont last long esp for a place that size - somewhere like opium cud get away with it cuz it was much bigger but alas!

there's clubs in manchester kisser where the ladies toilets have a female attendant that helps u with ur make up/hair style etc adn there's ghd straighteners and hair dryers there!!!
Old 07-08-2006, 15:46   #12
God Member

Yes all the clubs in Birmingham have them to, I find it really annoying, I try to get my own soap and they put it in my hand. You'd love broad street kisser, It's a bit scary though, but probably safer than accrington. The streets are packed with people milling around, bet the streets are as packed as your pubs are.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 22:09   #13
Senior Member+

hmmm

i mean fair enough they keep the toilets clean enough but it is annoyin when htey start handing u tissues and soap when there's a perfectly fine one on the wall and then they're sorta expecting a tip
Old 08-08-2006, 06:33   #14

I have seen it before but only abroad when I visit my sister - not something I ever expected to happen in good ol' Accy And not something I expected in the mens - the ladies maybe, but the mens!!!
Old 08-08-2006, 11:18   #15
God Member

They'll be offerring to hold it for you next!

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..