Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-02-2010, 03:05   #1

Italian arcross from town hall

quatros ? . went back for first time tonight because before it was very so so and considering the bad service we were not really impressed.,.stayed away since then. but went tonight and its much improved though. also now has a £10 2 course menu.house wine at £ 11 was ok.it was much better
spignific is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-02-2010, 10:11   #2
dam

Re: Italian arcross from town hall

Went there a few months ago when there was 2 waiters which were great couldn`t do enough for you. the food was also good but went again recently and I/we seemed to be invisable whilst they seem to having a good laugh together down at the open air kitchen.
dam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 22:04   #3
God Member

I have been tonight for my youngest grandson's 20th birthday party.
There were 11 of us (family plus girlfriends and boyfriends).
As I was once married into an Italian family, and have visited Italy more times than I can count on both hands, I would like to say that I was impressed with the food, and will be going again.

beats Francos by a mile

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:37   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I have been tonight for my youngest grandson's 20th birthday party.
There were 11 of us (family plus girlfriends and boyfriends).
As I was once married into an Italian family, and have visited Italy more times than I can count on both hands, I would like to say that I was impressed with the food, and will be going again.

beats Francos by a mile
Not suggesting that you did , but things do tend to improve when you use a Calabrase or Sicilian accent ,
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 16:47   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
Not suggesting that you did , but things do tend to improve when you use a Calabrase or Sicilian accent ,
Aye...I agree. The only approach to be taken on entering any Italian restaurant is to walk in there clicking your fingers, shouting for 'Luigi' and demanding a table pronto - that way you get some respect.

Follow that by demanding the menus sooner rather than next week, peruse the said items and then ask where their tomatos are from.If they can't answer, tell 'em it ain't an Italian and you'll be reporting them to Trading Standards, If that don't work, tell 'em your mate will be arriving from Scilly next week so if they want to stay in business you want free Pizza and Pasta, now.

It works for me every time.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 12:07   #6
God Member

I didn't speak any Italian until the end of the evening, after the bill was paid
I am so out of practice that I can only speak it when well oiled

The manager then gave my son a free bottle of wine as a parting 'thank you for your custom' gift.

The manager is Sardinian

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 12:41   #7

Went last night, and the food was really good. Could eat it again, instead of this cheese on toast i'm having for my lunch.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 14:31   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Aye...I agree. The only approach to be taken on entering any Italian restaurant is to walk in there clicking your fingers, shouting for 'Luigi' and demanding a table pronto - that way you get some respect.

Follow that by demanding the menus sooner rather than next week, peruse the said items and then ask where their tomatos are from.If they can't answer, tell 'em it ain't an Italian and you'll be reporting them to Trading Standards, If that don't work, tell 'em your mate will be arriving from Scilly next week so if they want to stay in business you want free Pizza and Pasta, now.

It works for me every time.
Don't you mean Sicily? Tealeaf? Don't believe all you here about Sicilians,
the Mafia is no joke
sm_counsell is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..