Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2008, 22:49   #1
Resting in Peace

Jekyll and Hyde.

Ok you lot .. take note.

For some reason, got talked into becoming the Publicity and Marketing Manager for Accrington Theatre Group .. and hadn't had any wine. What have I done ?

This November, the Production is 'Jekyll and Hyde' .. an evocative tale of the epic battle between good and evil .. original story by Robert Louis Stevenson.

Not the usual expectation of musical theatre, but pure pulse-pounding theatre, with the same macabre combination of fun and fright that fuels such alternative classics as 'Sweeney Todd' and 'Phantom of the Opera'

I went to see it at Colne, directed by our resident director Howard Raw, was nail-biting/on the edge of me seat stuff, and no doubt our Theatre group will present a production tantamount to this. So if you are interested in joining this cast, please read below:-

Come to rehearsals Thursday 5th June .. for anyone interested in a Principal part.

Monday, 9th June .. chorus rehearsals. We accept anyone, any size, any nationality, any shape LOL.. all will be individuals, and not lost in the back line.

Thursday, 12th June . Principals.

St Hubert's School, Great Harwood.. 7.30 p.m.

Auditions will be within the next 2/3 weeks.

p.m. me or E/mail if you require any further details.

I WILL BE BACK !!
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-06-2008, 17:31   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Jekyll and Hyde.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Ok you lot .. take note.

For some reason, got talked into becoming the Publicity and Marketing Manager for Accrington Theatre Group .. and hadn't had any wine. What have I done ?

This November, the Production is 'Jekyll and Hyde' .. an evocative tale of the epic battle between good and evil .. original story by Robert Louis Stevenson.

Not the usual expectation of musical theatre, but pure pulse-pounding theatre, with the same macabre combination of fun and fright that fuels such alternative classics as 'Sweeney Todd' and 'Phantom of the Opera'

I went to see it at Colne, directed by our resident director Howard Raw, was nail-biting/on the edge of me seat stuff, and no doubt our Theatre group will present a production tantamount to this. So if you are interested in joining this cast, please read below:-

Come to rehearsals Thursday 5th June .. for anyone interested in a Principal part.

Monday, 9th June .. chorus rehearsals. We accept anyone, any size, any nationality, any shape LOL.. all will be individuals, and not lost in the back line.

Thursday, 12th June . Principals.

St Hubert's School, Great Harwood.. 7.30 p.m.

Auditions will be within the next 2/3 weeks.

p.m. me or E/mail if you require any further details.

I WILL BE BACK !!
Are you quite sure you hadn't had any wine kate
Jekyll and Hyde, well should be able to fill both the lead rolls on here very easily, with understudies
Old 04-06-2008, 18:20   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Are you quite sure you hadn't had any wine kate
Jekyll and Hyde, well should be able to fill both the lead rolls on here very easily, with understudies
Sure we could, let me see, let me find you a part .. ah yes, Bishop of Basingstoke ... he comes to a sticky end before the interval (hung from the bridge by Hyde) .. for chatting up young prostitutes ..... LOL.

Or maybe, Sir Danvers Crew ... a distinguished Member of Parliament..tee hee. He comes to a sticky end too.

In fact, not many characters left by the end of the show .. all get sent to the other side by Hyde ... gruesome, but great fun.

Watcha' think ?
Old 05-06-2008, 09:23   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Sure we could, let me see, let me find you a part .. ah yes, Bishop of Basingstoke ... he comes to a sticky end before the interval (hung from the bridge by Hyde) .. for chatting up young prostitutes ..... LOL.

Or maybe, Sir Danvers Crew ... a distinguished Member of Parliament..tee hee. He comes to a sticky end too.

In fact, not many characters left by the end of the show .. all get sent to the other side by Hyde ... gruesome, but great fun.

Watcha' think ?
Don't know about the Bishop kate or his crime, but I may come to a sticky end before the interval anyway. Sir Danvers Crew is more my style, but othrs may not agree
Old 05-06-2008, 10:34   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Don't know about the Bishop kate or his crime, but I may come to a sticky end before the interval anyway. Sir Danvers Crew is more my style, but othrs may not agree
Eeew hek Jaysay, wasn't suggesting for a minute you had any leanings as per the Bishop, just my way of letting people know what interesting characters there are in this musical .. sorry ..

Afraid I don't know what political party Sir Danvers Crew had though .. was their a Tory party then ?
Old 05-06-2008, 11:06   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Eeew hek Jaysay, wasn't suggesting for a minute you had any leanings as per the Bishop, just my way of letting people know what interesting characters there are in this musical .. sorry ..

Afraid I don't know what political party Sir Danvers Crew had though .. was their a Tory party then ?
Yip Jekyll was the Prime Minister anyway what makes you think I'm a Tory kate
Old 23-06-2008, 14:19   #7
Resting in Peace

Can still come along this evening if you are interested in this show or Thursday ... 7.30 p.m. .. St. Huberts School, Great Harwood. (across from the Park pub).

Auditions are on Sunday, 29th June ... you can't just turn up though, have to have an allocated slot.

250px-Dr_Jekyll_and_Mr_Hyde_poster.jpg
Old 14-10-2008, 17:34   #8
Resting in Peace

OK ... so tickets are now on sale for what will be a great production,10th >> 15th November, 2008. Accrington Town Hall (Information Centre) . 01254 380293.

Tickets are £15, however, Mon/Tuesday .. 2 tickets for the price of 1 !
(no concessions on the top of this).

Wednesday/Thursday. Concessions down to £10

Friday/Saturday. No concessions ('cause popular nights like).

Even if not a well-known musical .. think you may be pleasantly surprised by the fun of it all. Will be some excellent singing, dancing and chorus work.
Old 05-11-2008, 20:37   #9
Resting in Peace

Ya' just gotta come and see this, will be really, really good !

Time to go to the pub after too ...
Old 05-11-2008, 21:28   #10
Resting in Peace

Ok .. who else would sink so low to use 'The Hoff' to promote this musical, but hope you can see how exciting it is nevertheless:-

By the way, if any fit/strong young men or women out there who wish to help with the stage management, we are a little short .. p.m. me. You would have a wonderful time and make lots of new friends.
Old 05-11-2008, 21:52   #11
Resting in Peace

I know, I know .. 'no longer available', will have to find another ...
Old 06-11-2008, 10:23   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I know, I know .. 'no longer available', will have to find another ...
Its called research first post later kate
Old 06-11-2008, 10:32   #13
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Its called research first post later kate
Cheeky It does actually play if you go into You Tube direct Jaysay, just won't when I posted it ...
Old 06-11-2008, 15:38   #14

The person who uploaded it to YouTube must have disabled embedding. This issue has caught me out a couple of times too. Is there any way to past a YouTube link into AccyWeb without it automatically trying to embed the video?

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 16:05   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio25 View Post
The person who uploaded it to YouTube must have disabled embedding. This issue has caught me out a couple of times too. Is there any way to past a YouTube link into AccyWeb without it automatically trying to embed the video?
Thanks Studio ... suspected summat like that .. but not sure about anything else.

In the meantime, a couple of photos of our cast in rehearsal, including Peter Norris who obviously takes both Jekyll and Hyde. Don't know how he doesn't get mixed up with the two ..

Rainbow 006.jpgRainbow 007.jpg

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..