Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2004, 07:25   #16
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Re: just a few questions...

Got to admit that I haven't been out round town for about 3 months. My main gripes are the over inflated prices, watered down beer and the fact that the town is full of chavs. Maybe I'm getting old I have always had a good time at Accy web meet ups in smaller local pubs. I quite honestly prefer to have a meal out, a glass of wine (or 3) or a good film, concert or theatre performance.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-12-2004, 07:31   #17
I am Band

Talking Re: just a few questions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie
Maybe I'm getting old
YEP!
Hang on a mo'... That means I am, as well!

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 08:31   #18

I've never been on a night out in Accy for about 15 years!! (OK my fault I suppose)

I'd rather go to the Rose & Crown, Stag, Heys Inn, Plough or the like. Better ale, better company, but still lots of noise!!

Prices are all over-inflated, but its the same wherever you go. All prices in the UK are over the top, it's about 20-30% cheaper for everything in Germany (except Hollands' pies and treacle toffee).
Darby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 10:52   #19

what parents will say to thier kids

I remember the days when you could go out with hundred and fifty quid and still get a kebab on way home. eee them was the days,

support your local
bobthedj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 17:01   #20

i havent seen no advertising either for a bar above the old mac ds and im round town most days of the week as for staying in your local wont go in most of the pubs in ossy for 10 minutes let alone all night they ve all gone downhill stopped going round them two years ago and been in a a cpl of them for the first time since recently and wont be rushing to go back . Hadnt been in the stag in quite a while before the halloween bash and looked ten times better than the last time i was in pity other pubs cant do the same though
rockrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 18:51   #21
Junior Member+

The bar above Mac Ds has been advertised in Observer, Telegraph, we did a leaflet drop and had a few shout out's on 2BR radio. Anyone welcome , call in one Sunday, plenty going on, good atmosphere and most importantly - cheap drinks.
dewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 20:04   #22

with the opium closed why dont you reopen saturday nights still dont think to many know about your bar sure none of my mates do maybe get a few reps handing flyers out main problem with sundays is its recovery day from saturday night
rockrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 03:58   #23
Senior Member+

a bar ontop of of mcd's? damn didnt know botut hat either!!

anyway i'm thinkin twice about accy - i dont think the prices are that bad after a weekend of london

1 shot of sambucca..................

£3.60

come back accy all is forgiven...
Old 08-12-2004, 07:16   #24
Resident Waffler

It's not above McD - It's above Si (or as we keep calling it "Old McDonalds" which elicits the response "eee, aye? Oh!")

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

« xmas do: | xmas do »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..