Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2004, 11:49   #1
Senior Member+

just a few questions...

random questions from the head of mani...

what the hell has happenend to teh night life in accy and blackburn? i finished work last nite and for the 2nd week runnin it was nothing but townies!! blackburn was worser though out of cest la vie about 200 kids coming out- surely that cant b too healthy for its rep all the kids were under 18 guaranteed but ****ed outta their heads... some even tryin to drive...

is heaven and hell any good? not been still...

where do ppl go for a night out these days??? it seems dead everywhere

when will i will i be famous??
Old 04-12-2004, 15:07   #2
Len
God Member

Re: just a few questions...

I believe that since a lot of the pubs have got late licences 1am/2pm they have had to increase their beer prices to cover the costs. And because of that a lot of the other pubs have followed suit.
Which now makes it to expensive to go into town Accy/Blackburn early for a night out. I recon most folk stick to their local pubs and go into town for the last couple of hours or so.
I may be wrong, there is probably more to it than that.
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 15:14   #3

what the hell has happenend to the night life in accy.

I don't go down Accy anymore don't feel safe down there, now i would sooner spend my money in my local away from town who will serve as late as town and i don't have to pay addmision and don't get robbed with high prices. The town pubs are moaning about losing trade its there own fault anyone who goes down town usualy go to the local first for a couple before they go ( I NEVER HEARD THE LANDLORD COMPLAING ABOUT HIS TRADE GOING DOWN TOWN ) A lot of landlords are stuggling now, the ones tied by the brewerys the most thers no sympathy from the brewery they are putting a noose around landlords necks. I know because i'v been there and lost everything so i am glad the tides turned on the town they never conplained when they where making a fortune did they? We have lost a lot of local pubs over the past few years from lack of custom they have shut down never to reopen. I hope i have not upset anyone about what i'v siad but it's the way i feel.

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL
USE IT
BOOZ IT

OR LOOSE IT.

GOIN FOR A PINT NOW.
bobthedj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 15:15   #4
Resting in Peace

Mani
if you want a good night out come to the Accyweb meeting on the 11/12/04 next sat in the stag we are very friendly and have a great time .
only less will bite.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 16:47   #5
land of hope and glory

every word you said bob is true! If people want to be upset by the truth its there fault! go to the asda 2 packs of ale 20 quid,there is supposed to be a beer mountain of carlsberg, stella, and carling if so why dont they sell it to the pubs cheap who can pass it on to the consumer.everyone is entitled to make a dime but the brewerys want everything!the government dont help either with the duty they put on ale,before long the community local will be a thing of the past! we try and put entertainment on and you only just might break even if your lucky!went down the town myself last week 2 bottles of bud....just short of six quid.....then the owners of these clubs want to know why its DEAD!!! it beggars belief.
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 17:16   #6

been heaven and hell a few times and not impressed took ages to get served prices a rip off music rubbish and packed out struggling to move nearly 300 in there on saturday nights your better off sticking to pubs or bars with late licenses like most of em have round town anyway
rockrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 20:42   #7
Senior Member+

My god whats happened!!!!!! I read a few lines up some one went out and paid 6 quid for 2 bottles of bud, its not the price, its the fact someone thinks thats drinkable beer even over this side of the pond Bud is a last resort. If thats the way its going close them all down.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 06:47   #8

3 quid for a bottle of bud is the average round bars and clubs dont ever go near blackpool its about 4.50 a bottle over there
rockrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 15:54   #9
Senior Member+

Rock its not the price it the imatation beer I was commenting on.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 02:33   #10
Senior Member+

*L*

bud's aint that bad... wzup?

i have to agree at the prices - they are expensive now - i drove past 2nite - sunday nite and it was dead... but they have themselves to blame

there was an article in the lanc telegraph as to y the town was dyin and one bar owner said they cudnt figure out why as they're still doin the same thing from a yr ago...

but thats exactly it - same thing - ppl need variety and pubs etc need to realise the competitiion isnt other bars but cheap boozers...

i think the general crowd of late has deterioted vastly too - too too many scallies too
Old 06-12-2004, 19:54   #11
Junior Member+

Hello All,
I have recently opened a bar in Accrington, it's upstairs in the old McDonalds. We started by having bands on Friday/Saturday nights, the prices are cheap (around £2 pint and £2 bottles beer) and it's a really nice room, but we are struggling to get people to come out, nobody seems to want to play out anymore, choosing to go ASDA or Booze Buster instead or Blackburn. We now hire the room out for functions Fri/Sat and open on Sunday afternoons with live local bands and performers, anybody is welcome. If anyone has any ideas for other uses for this room, please feel free to let me know.
dewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 21:07   #12
God Member

Hello Dewell

Have you done any advertising as I wasn't even aware that there is a bar up there, also I went into town on Saturday night and it was very quiet I think people are going out of town.
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 21:21   #13
I am Banned

Good job i dont get time off from parenting to have a social life these days!! lol sounds i'd be skint n miserable for the wear - ah well grass may not be greener on tother side then spend my time with kids at home nevermind having p*ss*d up kids behaving badly in a club....safer to stay at home with a few bottles.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 21:59   #14
Junior Member+

Thumbs up Re: just a few questions...

I hate to say it but Burnley is quite a good night out nowadays!
STARTECHIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 01:02   #15
land of hope and glory

The trouble nowadays is that people only earn so much , so if they are going to spend there hard earned cash,they are going to spend it getting entertained!whats the point of paying to get a taxi, entrance fee on the door and you have spent close on 15 quid before having a drink?come on if you want to socialize why not meet up in your local boozer, you dont get threatened or ought like that, you get together and have a good laugh! get to an accy web meeting you will have a laugh!
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote

« xmas do: | xmas do »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..