Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2007, 15:57   #1
Senior Member+

Kylie Exhibition

Is anybody going to go to the Kylie Exhibition at the V&A Museum in London?? I am, I love Kylie to start with but am also well into fashion.

Although I do find it strange the sort of things you will pay to see (eg, a pair of charity shop bought gold hotpants. lol.)
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-03-2007, 17:03   #2

Re: Kylie Exhibition

Hi Lolly,
Did you manage to go to the exhibition?

If you didn't - or for anyone other Kylie fans out there - visit this link for an exclusive preview of a new Sky Arts documentary called 'Kylie: Cultural Icon'
http://www.artswom.co.uk/2007/03/06/40/
Artswom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 17:39   #3
Give, give, give member

My mate Julien Macdonald has some clothes he designed for her in the exhibition, that he made for her world tour in 1999, I think.

'I spent many sleepless nights sewing crystals onto Kylie's outfits - there never seemed to be enough sparkle on these dainty clothes .'

Julien Macdonald, designer

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6336337.stm

Incidentally Julien came to Ossy on Monday.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 21:58   #4
Senior Member+

LOVE!!!! Julien Macdonald!! Sooooo talented!! And Fabulous!!

No I didnt end up going to London, because its coming to Manchester in June, so going to go then. My time to go to London is now taken up with going to see Equus. lol.
Old 06-03-2007, 23:27   #5
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly View Post
LOVE!!!! Julien Macdonald!! Sooooo talented!! And Fabulous!!

Well he was a hundred or so yards from your house on Monday, before we went for lunch at Ossy Mills.

Incidentally I'm sure I've posted this before umpteen times, so appologies, but back in my fashion whore days in London I did meet Kylie, at the party after one of Julien's shows, I think in Feb '01. The after show party was at the private members club Teatro. Your's truly was sat on a sofa with Mick Jagger perched on the arm, and sat between Lizzy Jagger and Kylie. There were waiters wandering around with massive glasses of vodka and cranberry juice provided freely by the sponsors, so I was quite merry, if not a little giddy. I do remember telling Kylie just how tiny she was, like a little doll infact, and I sort of playfully pushed her...on the floor. Still, she seems to have done quite well since being assaulted, and she did laugh afterwards.

Old 07-03-2007, 02:12   #6
God Member

is this the woman who is famous in the UK and Australia ? but no ****** else has heard of her , a bit like Robbie Williams and Cliff Richards
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 04:47   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
is this the woman who is famous in the UK and Australia ? but no ****** else has heard of her , a bit like Robbie Williams and Cliff Richards
Its an exhibition of what a little girl in her 40's would like to wear.... an escape.. homo-sexuals design what she wears and then some bods stitch and sew them.. Kylie a fashion icon?.. ah well .
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:11   #8

Tell me about Equus lolly...
Artswom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:44   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Well he was a hundred or so yards from your house on Monday, before we went for lunch at Ossy Mills.
Aggghhh!! Am sooooo jealous!! lol.

And Artswom, i'm sure everyone has heard about Equus recently.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:46   #10
God Member

I haven't!
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:43   #11
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grego View Post
I haven't!
Daniel Radcliffe is starring in the contoversial Peter Schaffer play Equus, and appears in the nuddy.

It's received rave reviews from the critics.

http://www.waleg.com/archives/007066.html

Old 07-03-2007, 15:22   #12
Senior Member+

Yup thats the one. If i'm being totally honest I probably wouldnt go if Daniel Radcliffe wasnt in it. But, reading the reviews etc it makes it sound really interesting, i mean the play itself not just the sex scene, which is only minutes long.

Busy year this year, i've also got Scissor Sisters on 1st August & Take That (it took me 2 hours, 3 phones and 3 websites to get tickets!!!) on 14th December. Then whenever Levellers announce their tour dates and The Producers (with Peter Kay) at the end of the month!
Old 07-03-2007, 19:22   #13
God Member

Sorry folks I had heard of it, blimey Lolly you sound busy, tried getting tickets for Take That but it wasn't to be.
grego is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..