Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-03-2009, 10:55   #1
Senior Member+

Masala Restaurant Closed

Just drove past the Masala Zone restaurant (former Kings Street club), and noticed the doors were blocked off with metal sheeting, so looks like its closed down.

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-03-2009, 10:58   #2
God Member

Re: Masala Restaurant Closed

Glad about that - they gave my granddaughter food poisioning a few months ago - word gets round when things like that happen

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2009, 11:00   #3
Senior Member+

I noticed that too....

Kept meaning to go there just never had money and chance both at the same time..........oh well
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 17:38   #4
Senior Member+

I never actually tried it either, we were going to, and actually went in one evening, but we had a look round and didn't like the atmosphere and it was empty too, so we went to the Mitali on warner street instead.

Best Regards - Taggy
Old 20-03-2009, 18:35   #5
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Has someone tried to rip the long signs down?, looked like they were hanging off, one has a bar hanging from it, not good if it clonks someone on the bonce :s

They should make it into a nice english restaurant like old mother redcap...something with a kids play area.
Old 20-03-2009, 18:53   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
Has someone tried to rip the long signs down?, looked like they were hanging off, one has a bar hanging from it, not good if it clonks someone on the bonce :s

They should make it into a nice english restaurant like old mother redcap...something with a kids play area.
Quicksand is very hard to come by in Accy.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 22:46   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
Quicksand is very hard to come by in Accy.
yeh but theres plenty places to get concrete nearby.
Old 21-03-2009, 15:45   #8
Resting in Peace

went once ... very cheap and to be honest not that good.... get what you pay for:
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2009, 23:37   #9

we went several times...we found the food good but the drinks expensive and like others on here was always quiet no real atmosphere....we too go to mitali for a meal now
carlsbergaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2010, 03:33   #10
Senior Member+

does anyone know if this is for sale now or not? i cant see any signs etc but i dont know why anyone would have a closed down building...
Old 22-05-2010, 07:09   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post
does anyone know if this is for sale now or not? i cant see any signs etc but i dont know why anyone would have a closed down building...
I noticed that the signs had gone yesterday and also that one of the doors was ajar
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2010, 07:52   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzy View Post
I noticed that the signs had gone yesterday and also that one of the doors was ajar
That door has been like that for a couple of weeks or so, be interesting to see what happens with it.

Best Regards - Taggy
Old 22-05-2010, 10:04   #13
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
That door has been like that for a couple of weeks or so, be interesting to see what happens with it.

Best Regards - Taggy
No doubt another heaven for glue sniffers etc, if the doors are left open and unattended
Old 22-05-2010, 10:18   #14
God Member

An invitation to an arsonist.
They won't need to pay business rate council tax on an empty building with no roof.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2010, 14:36   #15
Senior Member+

really? someone's got in?? then its definatly what margaret was saying. they want an arsonist in there and give them a helping hand.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..