Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2007, 15:57   #31
Resting in Peace

Re: meet ups

Thats ok just make sure there is plenty to drink and the fridge and freezer are full
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-02-2007, 16:37   #32
God Member

ok i'll fill both freezers with plenty of snacks and pizza's, the fridge is a little on the small side but hey, you could always put the beer outside to keep it cold
Old 07-02-2007, 18:28   #33
mez
God Member

well what a pity cos next meet is the 24th & i won't be there either i'll be in germany.

brian we are all looking forwards to meeting you once again may meeting may be more than a few are anticipating....(ouch no chav i aint telling you ..........give me arm back) but i can promise you fun & a lot of laughs.....now that date will be 26th may.ok

brian i do wish you were on msn messenger its easier to pass messeges on & have a rare old gossip too.
Old 07-02-2007, 18:51   #34
Yank in King Art's Court!

Thanks for the info Mez. I should have enough money by May to pay Rindy back for buying that round for me at the Christmas Meet.. . . . He did buy that round didn't he??

As for msn messenger, just asked Joshua about it and he says we have AOL so we don't need msn. He says it would just slow our computer down even more. (hint hint dad we need broadband) Not much into gossip but for Accywebers I could make an exception. Go ahead Mez, bring it on, whatcha got??????

Brian (this May in Accy)

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 19:08   #35
God Member

un;ess your PC is a really slow decrepid old thing running another IM client won't slow it down much. in fact if you switch to using GAIM you can use your AOL and MSN accounts in teh same 'program'

You do still need Broadband though Brian!

PS, stick your AOL Im name in your profile so those of us that have them all, (Yes, sad techies normally!) can add you for a natter

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

Last edited by entwisi; 07-02-2007 at 19:18.
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 23:38   #36

Thanks again for the continued hand-holding Ian!! Mission accomplished!

Quick thread wander please!

Looks like I have 2 choices for broadband: HughesNet - $499 installation, $59/month and Virginia Broadband - $299 installation, $49/month. Are those monthly rates normal?

We have a farely new Dell computer (~1 year old) with most of the bells and whistles. Should be able to handle add-ons. I think it runs slow sometimes cause the kids overload it with songs and pictures!

Brian

Old 08-02-2007, 08:19   #37
God Member

good god brian thats expensive
Old 08-02-2007, 08:40   #38
God Member

monthly is about right. unlimited Broadband over here is ~£25-£30/month although we are going through a phase where some telcoms companies are giving free if you take a full package from them.

Installation sounds very expensive, over here most are free or at worst ~£40 quid.

I'm guessing its so much because as you say you live in teh back of beyond.

Old 08-02-2007, 08:41   #39
God Member

well my unlimited broadband aint that expensive, i pay £17.99 a month
Old 08-02-2007, 10:38   #40
God Member

OK, let me rephrase that, unlimited BB from a quality supplier with decent call centre helpdesks are £25-30.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:42   #41
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post

who you with flashy?
Old 08-02-2007, 15:08   #42
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
same as me flashy, it aint bad.
Old 08-02-2007, 18:02   #43

Okay, gotta let this get back on thread. I'm gonna head over to my "broadband thread" in the tech section with a reply. That way we all don't get a whipping!

Okay, back to Flashy's refrigerator . .!

Brian

Last edited by LancYorkYankee; 08-02-2007 at 18:05. Reason: Change made
Old 08-02-2007, 18:24   #44
God Member

lol@ brian ......mine's a reputable company, i'm with bt
Old 08-02-2007, 23:49   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancYorkYankee View Post
Okay, gotta let this get back on thread. I'm gonna head over to my "broadband thread" in the tech section with a reply. That way we all don't get a whipping!

Okay, back to Flashy's refrigerator . .!

Brian
Hope the fridge is full.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..