Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: which pub would you choose for the next meet
the stag inn (church) 13 72.22%
the arden inn (accrington) 0 0%
the victoria (baxenden) 4 22.22%
the last orders ( oswaldtwistle) 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2005, 22:42   #31
God Member

Re: meeting.( 24th)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
Yep...should be there. Lets hope we can get a repeat of last seasons result....5-0 if I recall.

P.S....there's one P in Kipax and one G in Dagenham.

its OK mate.. I cant even count how many tealeafs in the bottom of this cup

Dagenham will be a good weekend out for me... staying over in Huntingdon after the game to go to the mascot grand national next day
Old 07-09-2005, 23:26   #32

More than happy with The Stag for meetings, but that's probably cos I don't know any different, but by the end of the month The Victoria will do just fine.
Old 08-09-2005, 00:05   #33
land of hope and glory

mother chuckler how about hiring the auberge in rishton for a meal, between 5.00 and seven then a wander around rishton? if you want a singalong i will get one down stag? anyone fancy that.we can have a meal for 7.95 and a few beers then back to church to hear the cacklers? but we havent long to book the room?
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 05:24   #34
God Member

Cheers Mez, Come on you western Accy lot get voting!
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 07:21   #35
Resting in Peace

I thought that going somewhere els instead of the stag would give Staggers & Mandy a night off from us lot and a night out if they wanted to come with us.
But is you want us at the stag Staggers its ok with me.

Will all members that fancy going to the meeting please have a vote then we can sort the place out thankyou

Last edited by Mick; 08-09-2005 at 07:22.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 08:08   #36
mez
God Member

mick & i are going to try the victoria pub out on friday evening to see what its like for you, if you wish to see for yourselves its on manchester rd across from oakhill park .
Old 08-09-2005, 08:33   #37
Give, give, give member

I love the Stag, but the last meet was so good, and we attracted so many up 'our' corner, it was impossible to move.

Goint to the bar/loo/trying to chat to anybody who wasn't within your earshot was a nightmare, as was illustrated by Sparkologist having to phone his order to the bar!!

I don't really know the other places, but more room would be nice, and would give Stag and Mands the chance to enjoy the meet without having to work.

The bar at Stanley was mentioned, and I think would be ideal for a future meet because of the size of the place, but has been pooh poohed as a venue.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 20:44   #38
God Member

I voted for the Stag but would go anywhere, I agree with Rindy, we were a bit stuck in the corner but maybe tables could be re-arranged or even better bar service to the tables
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 20:52   #39
mez
God Member

already done the bar service one,& it got left to the same 2 people all the time.
Old 08-09-2005, 21:07   #40
God Member

I know thats not fair to the people who have to do the work, it was a joke but maybe if the tables were arranged differently, or we could have a one drink rule, after each drink you have to move to a different table so to mingle more, saying that I know quite a lot mingle anyway, I think I need to make more of an effort next time to talk to more people.
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 21:27   #41

very true...i only managed to get totalk to pendy, g78 and dean!!! lol..well a little bit to mez and mick and baby boo and anne!!! but i missed all the fun in the corner...i just about saw chav being the human torch!! would have liked to know what set him off!! had rindy hypnotised him??? made him think he was a match??? we will never know!! lol
Old 08-09-2005, 21:42   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiny gem
very true...i only managed to get totalk to pendy, g78 and dean!!! lol..well a little bit to mez and mick and baby boo and anne!!! but i missed all the fun in the corner...i just about saw chav being the human torch!! would have liked to know what set him off!! had rindy hypnotised him??? made him think he was a match??? we will never know!! lol
oops think that was my fault. made him do it 3 times and still didn't get pic of hand just 3 pics of his arm. hee hee. Glad mick got it on vid instead. chav you're a plonker though!!!

I have voted stag cos its the only one I know but am happy to follow the crowd!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 12:34   #43
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grego
I know thats not fair to the people who have to do the work, it was a joke but maybe if the tables were arranged differently, or we could have a one drink rule, after each drink you have to move to a different table so to mingle more, saying that I know quite a lot mingle anyway, I think I need to make more of an effort next time to talk to more people.
That's good idea, a bit like speed dating. At the blow of a whistle we could all move round.

Not unlike that dance the Gentleman's excuse me.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 13:06   #44
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mez
mick & i are going to try the victoria pub out on friday evening to see what its like for you.
Take a torch with you, its the darkest pub in Accy, well it used to be

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 13:14   #45
God Member

Perhaps that woul dbe a good thing?
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..