Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-09-2008, 09:42   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: New Manager In Calder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Personally, I'd rather eat them outside. They taste much better in the fresh air, especially with salt and vinegar.
Ah but I bet you couldn't eat a full one Wynonie
Old 23-09-2008, 09:59   #17

To be honest with you, anywhere that refuses me when I have my son, will not get the benefit of my custom when I dont have him.

I appreciate the need to keep a good atmosphere without screaming kids, but that should be up to the parents, and ultimately the staff to maintain.
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2008, 10:01   #18
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

The Railway allows parents with children in, if the owners of these little dears paid as much attention to them as they do to their texting, the place would be much better, the Broadway however has a no children rule which makes a child free adults visit much less disturbed and troublesome.

Stick with the no children rule there are enough places that cater for parents ignoring children.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2008, 10:05   #19
God Member

i have one of these little blighters and i say NO KIDS PLEASE, people go out to enjoy themselves without the kids so why should they have other peoples kids annoying them

there are restaurants for parents and kids, keep them out of the pubs
Old 23-09-2008, 11:51   #20
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
i have one of these little blighters and i say NO KIDS PLEASE, people go out to enjoy themselves without the kids so why should they have other peoples kids annoying them

there are restaurants for parents and kids, keep them out of the pubs
I agree with you Shaz. If you have the kids go to the kiddie pubs. If you don't then go somewhere peaceful like the Calder
Old 23-09-2008, 13:17   #21
God Member

Why is this establishment being referred to as a pub? It regularly maintains doormen and employs a dress code to restrict admission. Therefore it is not a public house. Maybe it is a bar or a restaurant but I do not particularly care, as I have never entered the premises and I have no intention of doing so.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2008, 14:02   #22
Junior Member+

Well Dress Code has been relaxed for what i belive to be a long time, other than Thursday Friday and Saturday night. I do know we have some issue but the last 2 weeks i and my team have spent alot of time ironing them out.
quickjet71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2008, 22:44   #23

i think you should let kids in , cuz these kids are goin to be your future and make you more money ,
pussycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2008, 23:34   #24
Resting in Peace

I think you should let them in through the day and give them free pop and crisps.Then maybe I can have some peace and quiet across the road in the Railway.
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2008, 23:42   #25

Keep the kids out definately, nothing worse than a place packed with screaming kids. if im honest calder is probably my favourite bar in accy, my nights out always start there:-). nice relaxed atmosphere and usually very busy on the weekend. also it must be said one of the few places where the toilets are actually half decent looking and clean.
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2008, 00:57   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pussycat View Post
i think you should let kids in , cuz these kids are goin to be your future and make you more money ,

Sorry Pussycat but have to dissagree. Infact that is absolute rubbish without intending offence.
Children are not allowed to drink until they are 18 by which time they will decide along with thier mates which pubs to go in. I hardly see any of them having a conversation saying "lets go in there because they let me in as a child"
By the time these so called future custom grow up the pubs will have changed probably three times over.
I used to take mine in pubs when they were little . but having said that there were fewer family friendly pubs like today. I also only had a couple of hrs early doors then took them home to keep to a routine and get them fed and to bed on time. I never let them run riot as so many do these days.
I hate kids running around pubs and I would avoid such pubs if I were out with adults.
On the other hand if I was to take my grandson out i would prob have his mum with us and it would most likely be a family thing therefor resulting in appropriate surroundings.
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2008, 12:50   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
would be much better if we could take the kids in to eat......good food nice place but a shame kids cant have any.
Ditto, even if its only 12-3 with kids out by 4 I would be happy.

We eat out a fair bit and would like to come in with our well behaved child who usually eats an adult meal, as it is your place is off teh list

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2008, 12:58   #28
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
Ditto, even if its only 12-3 with kids out by 4 I would be happy.
I agree Entwisi ... there will always be a minority of children whose parents don't check, but I think they are in the minority.

Lots of pubs now serve good inexpensive lunches, and a shame we cannot take advantage of this just because we have children.

Have always admired some Europeans who welcome children into their establishments; now some are making the effort, some folks are looking for problems..
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2008, 13:01   #29
God Member

I think it's quite funny that people want to keep kids out of licenced premises because of their behaviour. The adults set an even worse example when they have had a few
Old 26-09-2008, 13:07   #30
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I think it's quite funny that people want to keep kids out of licenced premises because of their behaviour. The adults set an even worse example when they have had a few
How very true ! . LOL.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..