Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-01-2007, 16:26   #1

Oakleigh pub quiz

Hi does anyone know please what time the quiz starts in the Oakleigh, and is it definately on a Tuesday night? I want to do something tonight, and am fed up with Greyhound (too smokey). Does anyone know please.
Kisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-01-2007, 17:06   #2

Re: Oakleigh pub quiz

For anyone thinkin of going - its not on tonight!! I managed to get in touch with Timmins who works there, and he gave me the number. The quiz starts properly from next week. For anyone who wants to go to a quiz tonight though, Calder are having one and it starts at 8pm.
Old 30-01-2007, 17:10   #3
Senior Member+

The Oaklea quiz won't start until the end of Feb.

The views expressed here are my own & are not necessarily those of the site.
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2007, 17:11   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisser View Post
For anyone thinkin of going - its not on tonight!! I managed to get in touch with Timmins who works there, and he gave me the number. The quiz starts properly from next week. For anyone who wants to go to a quiz tonight though, Calder are having one and it starts at 8pm.
Oh I was in the Calder Monday night and yesterday from dinner time til ( well til I got home)

So I can't go in again tonight or they will charge me rent. I will remember though about the quiz on Tuesday's when I'm bored next.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2007, 17:14   #5

Cheers AccyJay - I think it was you who answered the phone! I was gonna say hi, but thought best of it introducing myself as Kisser lol.

Slinky - get yourself down tonight lol You can come on our team - there's only three of us and we are reall rubbish. I'm just going for the cheap wine!
Old 30-01-2007, 17:17   #6
God Member

Quote:

Slinky - get yourself down tonight lol You can come on our team - there's only three of us and we are reall rubbish. I'm just going for the cheap wine!

Haha OMG that cheap wine that gets you leathered!!!! bloody strong stuff is that wine. Thanks for the offer Kisser but I have work in the morning and I think my kidneys have decided to leave home if I drink again this week

Miracles do happen!!

Old 30-01-2007, 20:06   #7

Quote:
I'm just going for the cheap wine!
Cheap wine, what cheap wine is that. In Calder Saturday and thought the wine weren't that cheap. Do they do special offers on a Tuesday night?

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2007, 20:10   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara View Post
Cheap wine, what cheap wine is that. In Calder Saturday and thought the wine weren't that cheap. Do they do special offers on a Tuesday night?
£8.50 for a bottle of wine that gets you wrecked!!! that's a cheap night out in my book.

Miracles do happen!!

Old 30-01-2007, 20:21   #9

Worth having a look down at that price slinky. Could always practice sleeping with my eyes open at work the following day.

Old 30-01-2007, 20:23   #10
God Member

Quote:
Worth having a look down at that price slinky. Could always practice sleeping with my eyes open at work the following day.
Been there - done that- lol......... no good at the time!!! but gives others a giggle

Miracles do happen!!

Old 30-01-2007, 20:34   #11

Work colleagues (sp) can always tell if i've been out the night before. I have a bottle or two of lucozade in the fridge and don't bother nipping out for a ciggie until at least mid afternoon.

Old 30-01-2007, 21:31   #12
God Member

Quote:
Work colleagues (sp) can always tell if i've been out the night before. I have a bottle or two of lucozade in the fridge and don't bother nipping out for a ciggie until at least mid afternoon.
LMAO!!! that is exactly like me. We have a vending machine at work!! and I spent a Fin fortune on lucazade when I am hung over, and I'm the same with a ciggie - I just can't it makes me feel sick.

Miracles do happen!!

Old 31-01-2007, 08:47   #13

Well we had a great night in the end! And we came second - wow. That is brilliant for us - I'm usually rubbish lol. I managed to get a team of six - and we beat CyFr (a fellow accywebber and mate). Won a free round of drinks for next week - just hope I'm not working. Really pleased I organised that night out, will def be going again.

And yes Slinky you're right - the wine is cheap and good, gets you nicely drunk - and I have a voucher to get 20% off - nice one! Thanks Calder, see you next week

Oh - and AccyJay, of course I will come to your quiz too when it starts!
Old 31-01-2007, 10:32   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Thanks.

The views expressed here are my own & are not necessarily those of the site.
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2007, 10:40   #15
God Member

Quote:
Well we had a great night in the end! And we came second - wow. That is brilliant for us - I'm usually rubbish lol. I managed to get a team of six - and we beat CyFr (a fellow accywebber and mate). Won a free round of drinks for next week - just hope I'm not working. Really pleased I organised that night out, will def be going again.

And yes Slinky you're right - the wine is cheap and good, gets you nicely drunk - and I have a voucher to get 20% off - nice one! Thanks Calder, see you next week

You had six team mates all older than 18! We had 3 18 year olds and still were only 10points off you!

Some of the questions were targeted at older members, like some of the music ones, and that cat food question! I'd never heard of that cat food lol

I suppose winning shots early on didn't help us

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..