Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-04-2004, 18:07   #1
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Passion

Has anyone seen the film The Passion of the Christ, and if so, what did you think?

Is it worth seeing? as my dad wants me to go with him this week. My friend saw it and said it was good but really upsetting. As I tend to blub at films anyway, I think a box of tissues may be in order.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-04-2004, 18:45   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Passion

i know how it ends
AccyStanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2004, 21:24   #3
Accrington Web Mascot

Sorry not seen it - looks quite good though probably catch it on Sky in a couple of years - so don't tell me what happens!
ShortStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2004, 19:41   #4
Filthy / Gorgeous

Well, here's my review, just been to the flicks with my dad to see it.

This film is extremely well done, it tells the story of the final 12 hours or so of the life of Jesus. It is subtitled, as the whole film is in Latin, but don't let that put you off if you feel the need to see it. I can honestly say that I have never seen a film as violent in all my lives, (having procured a copy of banned film Cannibal Ferrox as an 18 year old, and I thought that was bad!) It is very well acted and emotion definately runs high, people were openly crying in the cinema. I'm a bit of a beggar for shedding a tear at the pictures and I've even been known to cry at adverts, but I was absolutely stunned and unable to move from my seat or cry or anything really. The level of violence is more than likely in keeping with the custom and practise of the era, and is very realistic. At one point even I was cringing and I do have rather a hard stomach, but all I wanted to do was get up and walk out but I couldn't move. At the end of the film, when the credits rolled, nobody moved, the whole cinema was rooted until the end of the credits.. I actually feel quite shaky and upset now that I'm home. Although the content is very disturbing there's bound to be some awards for this one.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
Old 22-04-2004, 19:55   #5
Accy Goddess

Not been to the Pictures for years.
Will probably watch it on DVD at some point.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2004, 20:10   #6
Roy
Administrator

sounds absolutely brilliant!! might watch it while i'm back....
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2004, 20:17   #7
Senior Member+

You must see it roy before you go back you wont regret it, excellent film.Will win plenty of oscars ( me thinks )
Old 22-04-2004, 20:23   #8
Filthy / Gorgeous

I am still shaky, I've had to have a very large glass of red wine to calm me down ( and it's good for your heart!!) That's my excuse anyway..

Old 22-04-2004, 21:12   #9
Senior Member+

You are begining to worry me lettie, it's any excuse for a little drink or three. lol
Old 22-04-2004, 21:18   #10
Filthy / Gorgeous

Chance would be a fine thing Janet...... Been on nights this week and very busy, although the accy web chatroom virtual bar comes in handy....

Old 27-04-2004, 18:55   #11
Senior Member+

Quite fancy it Lettie,but am prone to blubbing outbursts,usually at sloppy bits though! Am a big fan of Mel Gibson and remember him taking flak when he directed and starred in Braveheart,a brilliant film too,although the criticism was more how could an Aussie/American get away with a Scottish accent and portray such a huge figure in Scottish history.More power to his elbow,he obviously knows what the public respond to!
Old 27-04-2004, 19:02   #12
Filthy / Gorgeous

All the actors in this film are foreign ?? Italian, and nobody I've ever heard of, but they were excellent. It's not a film I'd sit through again, if I'd have been on my own I would've been in tears (but my dad thinks I'm hard, so I had to blink em back).

Old 20-06-2004, 07:51   #13
Senior Member+

Anybody read the book??? I believe it gioes under the name ' bible' and is available in all good stores and some rubbish ones too

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..