Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2010, 18:30   #1
God Member

Pendle Beer Festival

Just a heads up that Pendle Beer Festival starts Today

Pendle Beer Festival

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-02-2010, 18:33   #2
God Member

Re: Pendle Beer Festival

Hmmm, can you pay me a pint of each on (PS, I don't want the old speckled hen though)
Pendle Beer Festival

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 00:19   #3
God Member

Sounds wonderful... all I can get over here is Black Sheep, Old Speckled Hen, and Hobgoblin ... some of the others sound grrrrrrrreat.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 10:35   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.s.h View Post
hmmm, can you pay me a pint of each on :d (ps, i don't want the old speckled hen though)
pendle beer festival
Why

Last edited by Neil; 05-02-2010 at 18:48. Reason: fixed quote
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 21:13   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Why
Why what? why I don't want the old speckled hen?
Take it you've never tasted the stuff then - now wheres that sick smiley when I need it, oh its here

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:10   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
Why what? why I don't want the old speckled hen?
Take it you've never tasted the stuff then - now wheres that sick smiley when I need it, oh its here
Used to down many a pint in the Stop and Rest a few years ago,puts hairs on the chest, and thats only the women K.S.H
Old 06-02-2010, 12:32   #7
Common Sense Member

For a proper winter warmer try a pint of Black Sheep Riggwelter with a shot of dark rum dropped in it. Not overpowering but very relaxing and you know when you've had one, hence my name for it - The Rum Bu**er. It works with pretty much any of the strong dark ales or porters but Riggwelter is the best.

Could do with a few more pubs nearby to stock Moorhouses ales, my favourite brewery by far.

Last edited by Ken Moss; 06-02-2010 at 12:33. Reason: I was censored and it made it look worse than it was before!
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 16:39   #8
Senior Member+

Of locally-brewed ales, I favour those made in Darwen by the Hopstar Brewery of Darwen - their IPA is as good as it gets. There are some first class ales made in Lancashire, and though it goes against the grain to say this - Yorkshire too.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..