Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-07-2009, 17:49   #136
God Member

Re: Places to eat or not to eat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe Ex Pat View Post
Sounds brilliant Eric, what time's the last bus to Morecambe?
I think that the last flight to Toronto's Pearson Airport leaves Norman Rogers airport at around 11:00 pm.; from there you will be able to fly to Heathrow and make a connecting flight to get you home. Trouble is, the bus service here sucks; so, you will have to take a cab from the Toucan to the airport. How's Morcambe these days; my mom used to love it?
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-07-2009, 19:44   #137
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Oh, and next door to the pig is the Toucan pub .... many English and Canadian beers on tap ... and great pub grub too; live music featuring local artists on most nights.
Heres an excuse for you to have a drive south to NYC Tim Hortons' Timbits Are Here - Gothamist

wonder if Florida's next for the "snowbirds"
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2009, 16:39   #138
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
Heres an excuse for you to have a drive south to NYC Tim Hortons' Timbits Are Here - Gothamist

wonder if Florida's next for the "snowbirds"
There's even a Timmy's in Kandahar so that the troops serving there won't get withdrawal symptoms ... and if you go through the drive through with your dog, the local outlets will offer you the choice of a Timbit for the dog, or a dog biscuit. Vets recommend the dog biscuit; dogs recommend the Timbit. There is a rumour that Canada will establish its sovreignty in the Arctic by building a Timmy's at the North Pole.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2009, 17:15   #139
God Member

Posted via Mobile Device

Went to the Calfs head for lunch today. Another recommendation here, it was superb. One warning though it gets really busy!!! Get there early to avoid a wait!!! We were lucky and got there for 12:30 but when wed left it was packed to the rafters.
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2009, 18:32   #140
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I think that the last flight to Toronto's Pearson Airport leaves Norman Rogers airport at around 11:00 pm.; from there you will be able to fly to Heathrow and make a connecting flight to get you home. Trouble is, the bus service here sucks; so, you will have to take a cab from the Toucan to the airport. How's Morcambe these days; my mom used to love it?
Morecambe is like most UK seaside towns these days, pretty on the sea front and a bit grubby if you look behind the curtains. I am happy living here though, I would rather stroll here than anywhere else I have visited.

http://www.studiosoft.co.uk

Family History - Can you help to fill in the gaps? - http://www.hodgkinsonclark.co.uk
Hodgkinson, Clark, Baxter, Gardner, Spilman, Ward, Lofthouse, Fowler, Westwell
Morecambe Ex Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2009, 20:02   #141

as another who emigrated fom accrington to sunny morecambe its like living in another world had the grandson over this weekend he loved it today on the prom for the kite flying we went over to near the battery and watched the lad with the one like a big parachute he is hopping the water normally but alas the tide was way out today but it did not stop him he is certainly a fit lad also we were lucky with the weather the sun came out this afternoon
keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 17:10   #142
Bee
I am Banned

Is Monte Cristo's any good?.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:34   #143
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
Are you taking the Micky or what, why make a post like this when at 10am yesterday you actually posted on Monte Cristo's review, divvy
Old 06-06-2011, 19:40   #144
Senior Member+

Went to the Spice Rooms at Rising Bridge last sunday for their all you can eat indian buffet and I have to say it was probably the best I have been to.
A choice of 5 starters :- Onion Bhajis, Chicken Pakora, Vegetable Pakora, Keema stuffed Mushrooms and something I had never had before, Lamb Garlic (very tender lamb tikka in a tasly garlic sauce) all of which were very nice (the Lamb Garlic was amazing!).
A choice of 5 Main dishes :- The staple Chicken Tikka Massala was accompanied by 4 other dishes that I'd never seenon a buffet before, Atchari Kofta, Chicken Handi, Lamb Saag and another I had never seen before Vegetable ArgiBhaji, all were very good but the Atchari Kofta was delicious.
There was also a selection of salad items, pilau rice, garlic naan and poppadums and pickles.

we will definately be going back due to the quailty of fair on offer and also because of the variety. Plus £9.99 isn't bad for an all you can eat indian and the drinks weren't overly expensive either all set in very pleasant surroundings.
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 22:58   #145
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
It must be good "The Count of Monte Cristo" stayed there for 40yrs but I don't think he was into the local grub.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:09   #146
God Member

Don't go to the Postal Order in Blackburn for food, it has really gone downhill since we where last there, the place stinks, the seats stink and the presentation of the food is awful, Reece got a panini and chips, the panini was hard and resembled a cricket bat, the chips where dry and there was about 5 of them, i had the worst jacket potato with chilli that i've ever had, it was not much bigger than a golf ball with a spoonfull of chilli in it, the side salad consisted of a lettuce leaf and 2 cherry tomatoes, 'all' this for a tenner.....and a smell, won't be going there again
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:38   #147
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
Went to the Spice Rooms at Rising Bridge last sunday for their all you can eat indian buffet and I have to say it was probably the best I have been to......
Maybe you should read this first next time, it gets a 1, major improvement necessary

Spice Room
Old 07-06-2011, 09:01   #148
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
Went to the Spice Rooms at Rising Bridge last sunday for their all you can eat indian buffet and I have to say it was probably the best I have been to.
A choice of 5 starters :- Onion Bhajis, Chicken Pakora, Vegetable Pakora, Keema stuffed Mushrooms and something I had never had before, Lamb Garlic (very tender lamb tikka in a tasly garlic sauce) all of which were very nice (the Lamb Garlic was amazing!).
A choice of 5 Main dishes :- The staple Chicken Tikka Massala was accompanied by 4 other dishes that I'd never seenon a buffet before, Atchari Kofta, Chicken Handi, Lamb Saag and another I had never seen before Vegetable ArgiBhaji, all were very good but the Atchari Kofta was delicious.
There was also a selection of salad items, pilau rice, garlic naan and poppadums and pickles.

we will definately be going back due to the quailty of fair on offer and also because of the variety. Plus £9.99 isn't bad for an all you can eat indian and the drinks weren't overly expensive either all set in very pleasant surroundings.
Is that the place which used to be Rising Bridge Pub sparkie
Old 07-06-2011, 11:43   #149
God Member

it is jaysay

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 17:53   #150
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
it is jaysay
Cheers Ian

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..