Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-01-2006, 08:57   #91
God Member

Re: Places to eat or not to eat.

Apparantly there's a new Eastern 'fusion' restaurant opened on the road over to Owd Bets, think it's what used to be the vegetarian restaurant Nutters.

Heard extremely good reports from it.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-01-2006, 18:42   #92

If your ever Ribble Valley way, check out the Three fishes. excellent.
Excellent Local produce. You can't beat it...
RossendaleRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2006, 19:01   #93

Have only heard good reports about the Three Fishes, but i've also heard the prices are extortionate (sp).

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2006, 19:14   #94
God Member

Oh, yes Three Fishes is excellent now. Prices aren't outrageous but I suppose they are what you would call on the pricey side. But, you get very big portions so it's value for money in that respect.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2006, 12:02   #95
God Member

Any of you ever been to the old cobblers in rawtenstall
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2006, 22:31   #96
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

had a nice meal at the red lion @whitebirk on sat evening,also early jan for paris birthday, the sizzlers are excellant.
Old 31-01-2006, 14:37   #97
Clearly Classy.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
had a nice meal at the red lion @whitebirk on sat evening,also early jan for paris birthday, the sizzlers are excellant.
yes we have had a couple of lovely meals there.

My Gallery My Albums
Romps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2006, 19:59   #98
God Member

Kong City in Gt Harwood is excellent, went on Saturday night and one of the best chinese meals I've had, also a good place for lunch is The Naked Plate on Blackburn rd in Accy across from HSBC, we were going to go to the Calder but didn't realise children weren't allowed anyway glad we went to the naked plate now great menu (kids as well) all freshly cooked and big portions, wine and beer available as well, we'll be going back!
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 13:22   #99
I am Banned

have you tried reena up ossy the take away has been there years,they also have a restaurant now which may i say is brilliant,only 1 problem its not licensed but you can take your own beer wine or spirits,they supply the glasses though!went with some friends in december and the food was excellent,and the service was good too.ps its a curry house!
MANDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 16:57   #100

if you want great Indian fodder then i can highly recommend the
'Shad House' in Blackburn its a bit far for a take away granted
but i can grantee the food is top quality its now as well as a take away
also a restaurant its on wensley road just off buncer lane an close to
witton park try it you won't be disappointed believe me
:engsmil:
doozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2006, 08:40   #101

Myself and the wife went to the Grey Mare on grane rd. Belthorn yesterday, The menu was varied, food was excellent, staff were very helpfull mand polite and the prices quite low...I had a 10oz ribey steak with all the trimmings, cost 7.95, the wife had hawiain gammon covered in melted cheese and pineapple cost 6.95!

This place is well worth a visit but be warned it does get very busy on sunday afternoons!
p.s. Does serve until 8:00 on sundays.
spud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2006, 17:45   #102
Junior Member+

Don't eat at mexican restaurants
latashacarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 23:32   #103
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

went to Buffet on Friargate in preston last night, its a chinese with All you can eat,and thats everything had 5 platefuls and it was all first rate, the bill for 6 of us including all the drinks was only £68,odd, our friends who have been before say its about £2 per head cheaper at weekends, cos they dont have the king prawns @ mussels on, paris and i were that stuffed we missed breakfast today which is unheard of in this house. so if you love a chinky would definately recommend this place.
Old 14-07-2008, 08:54   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabaluga View Post
:P
the walton arms in altham is rather yummy!
mmm,mmmm.
Last year I would have agreed with you. We went 3 times and each time the food and the service were spot on.

But, after eating there yesterday (Sunday evening), I have to report a big dissapointment in both.

When we arrived at 6pm, the "front of house" was clearly having a bad day as earlier customers who were just leaving asked "why he was being so rude".

Ok so you can't please everyone.

We were shown to our table and given our menus, but not asked whether we wanted to order any drinks. Eventually a waitress returned and took our food orders, just mains, no starters (we had already been up to the bar to fetch our own drinks).

By 7pm, there was no sign of our food and we were getting restless, (also our glasses were getting empty). The waitresses were clearly waiting for some action from the kitchen and apologised for our delay and reassured us that our order would be coming shortly.

The food arrived about 15 mins later, but it was not worth the wait. The beef was tough and the small dish of over-cooked veg between 4 people just added insult to injury.

With so many large pub chains offering very average pub food, the Walton Arms used to be a breath of fresh air. Let's hope this was just a "bad day" and not the standard of things to come.
Old 14-07-2008, 09:32   #105

Last week we went to The Alma at Laneshaw Bridge.

The food was really well cooked and nicely presented (chunky chips in "Jenga" style blocks).

They have an extensive menu and offer a discount on some of the standard dishes for lunch-time customers.

Very relaxed atmosphere and friendly service.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..