Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-07-2008, 02:39   #106
Loz

Re: Places to eat or not to eat.

Always had good meals at the Whittakers Arms on Burnley Road.
Had the reception after the wedding there and everything was wonderful from the food to the service.
Old 15-07-2008, 02:48   #107
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padiham Lass View Post
The food was really well cooked and nicely presented (chunky chips in "Jenga" style blocks).

what does "Jenga" style mean ?
thanks
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2008, 03:53   #108
Loz

Hope this helps steeljack!
Old 15-07-2008, 10:12   #109
Resting in Peace

Must admit Padiham Lass, don't think a one-off with the Walton. I went there as a joint meal for myself and son's birthdays mid June ... very disappointing to what it used to be. My chicken caesar salad with saute potatoes tasted all the same ... you know that chargrilled/oily taste.. yuk. Didn't think anyone could get this wrong, but they did.

My son had the lamb, didn't complain, there again he would eat a hedgehog if put in front of him. Service was slow too.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2008, 20:21   #110
God Member

Seem to remember saying daughter had been for a meal at Walton Arms a couple of months ago and they weren't impressed either!!!
Old 15-07-2008, 21:00   #111
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loz View Post

Hope this helps steeljack!
Thanks, not really sure would I would enjoy eating them after someone had spent time playing with them , seems more hygenic if they went straight from the scoop onto the plate/into the bag ...
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2008, 21:21   #112
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
Thanks, not really sure would I would enjoy eating them after someone had spent time playing with them , seems more hygenic if they went straight from the scoop onto the plate/into the bag ...
From what I understand there are worse things that go on in restaurant kitchens than some one stacking the fries.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2008, 10:25   #113

What's the three fishes like these days at Mitton.
Alan Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2008, 10:52   #114
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gilmartin View Post
What's the three fishes like these days at Mitton.
last time i went AL, was not impressed, asked fer a well done steak, n soon as i cut it, me plate was swimming in blood. yuk aint been back since.
Old 17-07-2008, 12:04   #115
God Member

One of the benefits of liking steak blue is that it can never be undercooked!

They can always cremate it a bit more for you cashy!

It amazes me how many people like their steak "well done" when really this means " tough and dried out"

when doing my catering C&G the chef blindfolded a group of students and fed them steak, some rare, some med and some well done. they were asked which was tastiest and it was unanimous for rare, even teh girls who went "Urrrggghhhh" when they saw what they had eaten agreed it was by far teh tasiest and tender

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2008, 06:35   #116

Has it gone upmarket ?, Mr C.
Alan Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2008, 08:03   #117
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
One of the benefits of liking steak blue is that it can never be undercooked!

They can always cremate it a bit more for you cashy!

It amazes me how many people like their steak "well done" when really this means " tough and dried out"

when doing my catering C&G the chef blindfolded a group of students and fed them steak, some rare, some med and some well done. they were asked which was tastiest and it was unanimous for rare, even teh girls who went "Urrrggghhhh" when they saw what they had eaten agreed it was by far teh tasiest and tender
the whole point is, not they cremate it a bit more, they give ya what ya bloody ordered.
Old 19-07-2008, 08:29   #118
God Member

problem is one person's well done is anothers medium
yes there shouldn't be blood but IMHO its a waste of good cow to cook it beyond medium!

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2008, 11:19   #119
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
problem is one person's well done is anothers medium
yes there shouldn't be blood but IMHO its a waste of good cow to cook it beyond medium!
thing is ya order a meal, it aint right. ya tell em, they take it away to remedy= wife then eating on her own, steak returns- wife finished or nearly finished, evening ruined,thats NOT what i go fer meal for.
Old 19-07-2008, 15:11   #120
Senior Member+

Went to the old King Street club last night to what is now an Indian buffet style restaurant(Massalla,i think it's called)and very good it was too,if,like me,you like filling your face for as little cash layout as possible.About 40 dishes to choose from(though i was dissapointed to only manage 37).If theres no indian dish on display that you want the chef will knock it together for you if you request it.Beware the Cobra beer though....£2.75 a pint.£42 for me & the missus for food + 2 pints & & 2 bottles of plonk

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..