Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2003, 10:32   #16
Junior Member+

Post Re: Rather have a night in....

Boy George said he would rather have a cup of tea
Dicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-10-2003, 13:10   #17
adi

must admit that Ozzy on a Friday night is a good laugh.

the only problem though is that the pubs are too far apart!!

;D
adi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 13:15   #18
Jo

You lazy thing!!  
Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 13:34   #19
adi

lol, im not lazy Jo - its just that when your staggering it takes up to three times as long!!!

;D
adi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 12:50   #20
Junior Member+

Blackburn isn't any better!! It can get rough around FJ's/Blakeys. I have been beaten up a couple of times in my younger days around Blackburn. I must have that Snow White face people just want to hit.  : :-X :-[
Are there any other victims?
Snow White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 19:16   #21
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

8)  Seen a few fights around Blakey's area, but haven't been to Blackburn for ages. Went to some club on the outskirts of Bolton a couple of years ago. There were about 8 of us in a minibus. We were picked up at about 1am and half an hour after we left, somebody was shot outside, and that was supposed to be a nice club!!!!   Can't remember what it's called, but it was on an industrial estate type place. [smiley=alc.gif]

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 12:57   #22
God Member

You live a dangerous life, Lettie [smiley=uzi.gif]
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 23:21   #23

Are we just getting more selective and wiser. last time I went round town I felt old there where kids out discussing there homework. I thought   I nice bottle of wine, takeaway and me fella with movie sounds a top night to me  ;D
malibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 15:00   #24
Filthy / Gorgeous

It depends which pubs you go into, although I do notice a lot of people significantly younger than me, I also see a lot of people in town who are my age group or older. If you hang around in pubs like Baileys and the one next to the warners, the age group in there is younger. I usually call into Baileys for a drink, but we don't stay there long. Tend to get 30 -40's in the Arcade bar for the 80's music, and a lot of people think it's rough in there, but it's the one place in Accy where I have never seen a fight.
The so called Accy riot that was publicised in the observer a couple of years ago, was actually 2 or 3 fellas fighting on church st, and about 400 people eating kebabs, waiting for taxis and watching. Me and my friend were sat on the benches outside the church, eating a pizza at the time. When the paper publicised it as a riot, we laughed our socks off. :

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
Old 10-10-2003, 15:52   #25
God Member

I hope you put your socks and your kebab wrapper in a rubbish bin and did'nt just leave them lying around
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 09:42   #26
Filthy / Gorgeous

;D  Of course I did Tealeaf, I think the amount of litter on the streets in this town is shameful. Went out last night with my friend, had a good laugh. Went to places where you can sit and have a chat, and yes, I took my pizza box home with me. :-*

Old 02-11-2003, 11:16   #27
Senior Member+

When I was in that little bar across from Warners back in 1991, it was packed and they were playing Happy Mondays,some kid (young man) poured a pint over some other kids head on the dance floor, well it was so packed there was no dance floor and then a fight broke out.It was hillarious...is that what they call male bonding?
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..