Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2003, 12:35   #1
Junior Member+

Post Rather have a night in....

;D ;D

To be honest it must be at least 5-6 years since I had an evening out with the gents. I mean an evening out round Accy.

Personally I would rather keep to the locals or have a quiet night in - hear lots of bad stories about the pubs/clubs in Accy.  : 8) People used to call me 'the drinker' but my phobia of going out now unfortunately does not mean I still live up to this reputation.

Let's be careful out there!!

PS Is this a chat room Roy? I hope Microsoft do not close it down!
Snow White is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-10-2003, 12:59   #2
God Member

Post Re: Rather have a night in....

Why don't you like going out any more?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 19:31   #3
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Accy's not a bad night out, tend to get out about once a fortnight. To be honest, I rarely see any trouble in Accy on a night out, but it's probably different for blokes :

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 22:10   #4
Junior Member+

accy used to be a great night out but like all the towns round here it has got crap,i prefer a quiet night in with my man and a good film or the computer.
i cant stand all the fighting between yobs and kids that go out just to cause hassle.
becky hotlips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 09:24   #5

depends which pubs you drink in not all the pubs in accy are full of yobs, some great pubs with great people in  ;D
tracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 10:22   #6
adi

its a wierd situation this but when I go down Accy with the missus i have no problems.

yet if i go down Accy with a couple of the lads then in certain pubs you do tend to get an 'atmosphere'.

i think it depends who you are with and what pubs you drink in to be honest.

that said i suppose Accy no different to any other place then.
adi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 13:26   #7

I dont like Accy much for going out, it seems to have a weird atmosphere everytime i go in any pub.
Dizzy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 13:28   #8

I agree with you Becky, a nice takeaway, movie and my fella and i am set for the night.  
Dizzy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 13:29   #9
Jo

Would be interesting to have a "no-alcohol" night out in accy. Same people, same pubs but no alcohol. It would be interesting to see the difference in behaviour...
Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 13:30   #10
God Member

Was'nt always the case....the pubs are mucked up & best avoided friday/saturday.....stick around the perifery or try Ozzy..
Old 06-10-2003, 13:37   #11
Jo

Hey Dizzy_D I fancy that - a nice takeaway, movie and your fella....he he!
Only joking, I'm an honest, faithful married woman really!!  ;D ;D
Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 13:43   #12
God Member

Oh dear. And I was looking for an unfaithful woman...
Old 06-10-2003, 14:32   #13
Senior Member+

[quote author=Tealeaf link=board=nightlife;num=1065098143;start=0#11 date=10/06/03 at 14:43:12]Oh dear. And I was looking for an unfaithful woman...[/quote]
Should i send you a Im with some addresses.Only joking.Will admit Ossy is a good night out at weekend
Old 06-10-2003, 16:10   #14
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

8)  I think it pretty much depends who you go out with. I always have a great night, wherever I go, because I get on well with my friends and sisters, we've known each other for years and we catch up on everybody's news and have a laugh.
There are places that we avoid, but that is purely because we don't like them, ie, Opium (full of kids and play terrible music and fleece you to get in) and that little bar next to the warners (too loud, you can't have a chat and never have any strongbow).
I do like a night in with a video and a takeaway, but now and then it makes a change to go out and have a laugh, plus I am a dreadful people watcher, so I have it to do. :-*

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 16:22   #15
God Member

Ozzy's OK....wimps like me don't feel threatened on a saturday night there....in fact, it must be at least 5 years since I last had a few jars in Accy on a saturday night

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..