Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-06-2010, 13:41   #1
God Member

Rob Livesey Trio(R&B) at The Plough Fri 9th July

Rob Livesey Trio, featuring Josh Livesey & Roberto Mario Ruiz

Date: Friday, July 9, 2010
Time: 8:30pm - 11:30pm

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-07-2010, 23:15   #2
God Member

Re: Rob Livesey Trio(R&B) at The Plough Fri 9th July

I came out of seclusion for this one - glad I did - they were on form.
They took 3 encores so they are likely to get invited back - I'll let you know

Old 10-07-2010, 01:51   #3

Damn i forgot. i am only down the road as well..next time hopefully
spignific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 10:38   #4
Senior Member+

Havn't seen them for a long while, is Burt still the Bass player with them?

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:57   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
Havn't seen them for a long while, is Burt still the Bass player with them?

Best Regards - Taggy
The line up of musicians varies, as the website shows
Rob Livesey Band see 'info' page
and Bert is named there.

The bass player last night was a New Yorker now living in Gt Harwood, who jammed at the regular wednesday jam night there, and made a good impression.
He was good - so much so that last night he did several long solos.

I have seen Bert play with them when they were a larger group named Snatchin it Back. I don't attend the gigs often so I don't know how often Bert plays with them.

I remember Bert as a Mick Jagger look-alike

Last edited by MargaretR; 10-07-2010 at 11:59.
Old 10-07-2010, 16:27   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
The line up of musicians varies, as the website shows
Rob Livesey Band see 'info' page
and Bert is named there.

The bass player last night was a New Yorker now living in Gt Harwood, who jammed at the regular wednesday jam night there, and made a good impression.
He was good - so much so that last night he did several long solos.

I have seen Bert play with them when they were a larger group named Snatchin it Back. I don't attend the gigs often so I don't know how often Bert plays with them.

I remember Bert as a Mick Jagger look-alike
Cheers for that Margaret, i havn't seen any of them, Burt included for quite some time time now, as i dont get out as often as i used to. Used to see Rob, Bert, Les Walker etc at the Monday Jam nights at Stanley Street, and also up at the Shoulder of Mutton. In fact there was an American Lad popped up to see them the very last time i recall seeing them in the Shoulder but thats a while ago of course, so could be the same chap, i know he had relations in this area!

Nice chap is Burt actually, i suppose there may have been certain similarities with Burt and Sir Mick...cant ever picture Burt as a wild child in quite the same way though!!

Best Regards - Taggy
Old 10-07-2010, 16:32   #7
God Member

Quote:
Cheers for that Margaret, i havn't seen any of them, Burt included for quite some time time now, as i dont get out as often as i used to. Used to see Rob, Bert, Les Walker etc at the Monday Jam nights at Stanley Street, and also up at the Shoulder of Mutton. In fact there was an American Lad popped up to see them the very last time i recall seeing them in the Shoulder but thats a while ago of course, so could be the same chap, i know he had relations in this area!

Nice chap is Burt actually, i suppose there may have been certain similarities with Burt and Sir Mick...cant ever picture Burt as a wild child in quite the same way though!!

Best Regards - Taggy
I was at the Shoulder that night.
The american there was Burningman - a member here - he lives in San Francisco.
He lived next door to us in the 80s (Rob is my son) on Dill Hall with his dad who was a friend of Retlaws (also a retired fireman)

Old 10-07-2010, 16:41   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
I was at the Shoulder that night.
The american there was Burningman - a member here - he lives in San Francisco.
He lived next door to us in the 80s (Rob is my son) on Dill Hall with his dad who was a friend of Retlaws (also a retired fireman)
Blimey...Small World!...Was a crying shame what happened with the Shoulder, used to be a nice atmosphere in there, but i guess not enough used it on a regular basis, otherwise would still be going.

My mind might be playing tricks, after all it was a few years back, but were you sat near the door, just opposite the bar...i just have this vague recollection now of Robs Mum being in then..but i wouldn't know you of course!

Best Regards - Taggy
Old 10-07-2010, 16:47   #9
God Member

Quote:
Blimey...Small World!...Was a crying shame what happened with the Shoulder, used to be a nice atmosphere in there, but i guess not enough used it on a regular basis, otherwise would still be going.

My mind might be playing tricks, after all it was a few years back, but were you sat near the door, just opposite the bar...i just have this vague recollection now of Robs Mum being in then..but i wouldn't know you of course!

Best Regards - Taggy
It was a small room - I was facing the bar, about 5ft from the door.
I do have a very recent pic on my profile page but I was younger then
Rob and I have very similar facial features - last night some people knew who I was without being told.

Old 10-07-2010, 17:06   #10
Give, give, give member

Great to see a venue like the Plough having live bands like Rob's.

Much better than the third rate cruise ship duos you usually see in pubs, trilling out Bonnie Tyler's two hits to a backing track.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 17:15   #11
God Member

Pubs can't afford to pay much but my lad loves doing it so much that he doesn't mind even if his expenses aren't covered.

Their favourite venue is the Top Lock at Wheelton, because they get fed there with one of their famous currys.

Old 10-07-2010, 17:24   #12
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Pubs can't afford to pay much but my lad loves doing it so much that he doesn't mind even if his expenses aren't covered.

Their favourite venue is the Top Lock at Wheelton, because they get fed there with one of their famous currys.
I don't know about the costs, but when Andy and Irene had the Stop Rest he used to book acts from all over the north, and I don't think they'd have been cheap.

I'd much prefer to see a live band like Rob's, than some New Faces of '87 runner-up, warbling that she's 'Hangin' on for a Hero'.

I usually hung on to see if next week's would be better.

They never were.

Hopefully I'll get to see their next local gig, if you plug it for him early enough.

Old 10-07-2010, 17:27   #13
God Member

Friday 23rd July -The Royal Hotel, Gt. Harwood
That is where they do 'jamming' on wednesdays - which acts as rehearsals sort of

PS this maybe postponed due to him flitting yet again around that time - I will post nearer the time in Events

Old 10-07-2010, 17:31   #14
Give, give, give member

Quote:
That is where they do 'jamming' on wednesdays - which acts as rehearsals sort of

PS this maybe postponed due to him flitting yet again around that time - I will post nearer the time in Events
Thanks.

Old 10-07-2010, 17:58   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:

This may be just another bit of Deja Vu Margaret...but had Rob just moved...or was in the process of moving, whe he played that gig at the Shoulder?...

I'll keep an eye on the gig dates and try to get to one, would have to be local though...i'm probably going to be away on the 23rd so will miss that one.

Best Regards - Taggy

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..