Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-09-2005, 08:25   #1
God Member

The Secret Life of Henry and Alice

A few months ago two good, and talented, friends of mine who both have aspirations to be professional actors, enterprisingly decided to self produce a showcase play. They put it on for two nights at St Mary's Parish club on Lock St, Oswaldtwistle. I went to see it and it was excellent.

They have now decided to put on a short tour, I would recommend it if you fancy a good evening out. They're hoping to get some agents along to see it.

Here's all the details

Last November, Paul McGowan and Samantha Payne decided to produce a play together to perform in Paul’s local club. They had performed together before in productions for the Oswaldtwistle Players but “The Secret Lives of Henry and Alice” by David Tristram was a real challenge for them both. Not least because they were on stage virtually throughout the entire play but also as the venue was not the traditional theatre space that they were used to.

The play was extremely well received and Paul and Samantha have had many requests to perform it at the club again. Due to the success of the play, the pair have decided to take it to three venues, across four dates in September and October.

They will be performing at the Thwaites’ Empire Theatre in Blackburn, The New Millennium Theatre in Waterfoot and last, but by no means least, St Mary’s Club, Lock Street, Oswaldtwistle, where the play was originally performed.

The play is a comedy about a married couple who have become a little bored by the mundane-ness of married life. They each enter their own fantasy worlds to spice up their existence and within these worlds we see pieces of each of the characters emerging.

“It is wonderful to be able to play such an array of characters within one show.” explains Samantha. “It is a brilliant comedy and I can’t believe that at rehearsals I still find the script just as hilarious as the first time I read it. I never stop laughing – until performance night of course!”

The dates and venues for the play are as follows:

Friday 30th September 7.30pm. Thwaites’ Empire Theatre, Blackburn

For tickets contact the box office on 01254 680137 www.thwaitestheatre.co.uk

Saturday 8th October 7.30pm St Mary’s Parish Centre, Lock St. Oswaldtwistle

For tickets contact Paul on 01254 725713 or Samantha on 01254 397432

Friday 14th October 7.30pm The New Millennium Theatre, Burnley Rd East,

Saturday 15th October 7.30pm Waterfoot

For tickets contact Anne Riding on 01706 228720. www.rossendaleplayers.org.uk

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-09-2005, 12:21   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: The Secret Life of Henry and Alice

wouldn't have minded seeing that,unfortunately were away.
Old 23-09-2005, 12:59   #3
God Member

Re: The Secret Life of Henry and Alice

shame, but they might be adding more dates to the list so I'll add them on if I know.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..