Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-10-2006, 13:10   #1
I am Banned

This is all i want to say now to the ppl hu are taking the mick

at the end of the day industry will be the next club in accy. lar de dars will close down after new year all im tryin to do is give ppl a good time in accrington, its a dying town for nights out i dj in burnley aswell and that is piking up with ppl from accy so all i want is for ppl to go out round accy and thing year wot a gud night and ill cum back next week. i like to av a laf with ppl and i can mix but at times i dont bother because you don't need to the conga has been a massive sucess and ppl ask me if we are doing it at start of night (going out is all about having a laf and chilling out thats all i want) ITS UP 2 YOU IF YOU WANT TO COME AND AV A LUK BUT ASK PPL HU AV BIN IN LAS THREE WEEKS AND THEY WILL SAY THEY AD A GOOD TIME i want accrington busy like it use to be
DJ FUNKY@INDUSTRYView Public ProfileSend a private message to DJ FUNKY@INDUSTRYFind all posts by DJ FUNKY@INDUSTRYAdd DJ FUNKY@INDUSTRY to Your Buddy List
DJ FUNKY@INDUSTRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-10-2006, 13:17   #2
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: This is all i want to say now to the ppl hu are taking the mick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ FUNKY@INDUSTRY
at the end of the day industry will be the next club in accy. lar de dars will close down after new year all im tryin to do is give ppl a good time in accrington, its a dying town for nights out i dj in burnley aswell and that is piking up with ppl from accy so all i want is for ppl to go out round accy and thing year wot a gud night and ill cum back next week. i like to av a laf with ppl and i can mix but at times i dont bother because you don't need to the conga has been a massive sucess and ppl ask me if we are doing it at start of night (going out is all about having a laf and chilling out thats all i want) ITS UP 2 YOU IF YOU WANT TO COME AND AV A LUK BUT ASK PPL HU AV BIN IN LAS THREE WEEKS AND THEY WILL SAY THEY AD A GOOD TIME i want accrington busy like it use to be

Can you put that load of old tosh in English please so that we can all read it?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2006, 13:23   #3
I am Banned

Your not allowed text speak!!!!!! I got told off when i 1st joined so be warned industry!!
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2006, 13:24   #4
God Member

That doesn't even manage to qualify as text speak. as Less said, can we have it in ENGLISH please!

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2006, 13:29   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
at the end of the day industry will be the next club in accy. lar de dars will close down after new year
Is there something that you know, that we don't? Lar-De-Dars, has been going for years. I personally don't like it, but many do, therefore i can see it being open for years to come. I think what you should be saying is that you are worried about your job, when "Opium" re-opens next year.

If Lar-De-Dars was doing so bad, then how come they can afford to have "Wigan Pier" nights & other top guest DJ's?

The views expressed here are my own & are not necessarily those of the site.
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2006, 13:46   #6

I have seen this guy start three threads and all three he has been ripped apart and mainly for his spelling.

You may want to consider giving the poor guy a break. he isn't being nasty or hurtful to anyone.
Old 19-10-2006, 13:48   #7
I am Banned

Its not his spelling its using texting speak that we are on about...please read rules of not using text speak.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2006, 13:53   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someone
I have seen this guy start three threads and all three he has been ripped apart and mainly for his spelling.

You may want to consider giving the poor guy a break. he isn't being nasty or hurtful to anyone.
Well I asked for it in English because I would like to read it, I wasn't being nasty just fed up trying to translate from a language I just don't understand.

It's not too difficult to write in a simple and understandable manner even if your spelling isn't perfect.
Old 19-10-2006, 14:13   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someone

I have to agree with the other people on here. It is extremely dificult to read the post. Might i also remind you that this individual only comes on here on a Friday to ADVERTISE the club where he works. All other people who try to use this site to advertise are immediately removed.

I think that he is trying to get more people into the venue, which is very admirable. However, i also think that he is doing it in a poor way.

If he really wanted to know what the people of Accrington think about Industry, then he should have at least taken the time to read the other threads on the subject.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...lub-23242.html

Old 19-10-2006, 14:27   #10
Resident Waffler

I've tried to understand that first post but I genuinely can't make sense of it.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2006, 14:37   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
I've tried to understand that first post but I genuinely can't make sense of it.
It took me a bit to figure it out to, did do in the end tho.
And Mr Dj there really is no need to get so defensive, at the end of the day everyone is entitled to there own opinion.

You need to take Jays advise and read the other threads, then maybe you will understand a bit more why people dont like it all that much. Also if its not doin that well I think you maybe need to take a look at the types of music your playing and maybe try something different.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2006, 14:46   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:

DJ FUNKY@INDUSTRYView Public ProfileSend a private message to DJ FUNKY@INDUSTRYFind all posts by DJ FUNKY@INDUSTRYAdd DJ FUNKY@INDUSTRY to Your Buddy List

For the benefit of everyone:

At the end of the day, Industry will be the next (big) club in Accy. Lar De Dars will close down in the New Year. All i'm trying to do is give people a good time in Accrington, (afterall) its a dying town for nights out.

I DJ in Burnley aswell and that is pcking up with people from Accrington visiting the town. So all i want is for people to go out round Accy and think "yeah, what a good night. I'll come back next week". I like to have a laugh with people. I can mix, but at times i dont bother because you don't need to. The conga has been a massive success and people ask me if we are doing it at start of night (going out is all about having a laugh and chilling out, thats all i want).

It's up to you if you want to come and have a look. Ask the people who have been in during the last three weeks. Hopefully they will say that they have had a good time. I want Accrington to be as busy as it used to be.

Phew, that took some effort. lol

Last edited by AccyJay; 19-10-2006 at 14:56.
Old 19-10-2006, 14:50   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyJay
Just for you Willow:

Thank you, but my names not Willow or should I not have read it?
Old 19-10-2006, 14:51   #14
Resident Waffler

OK, have I got the gist of it now? This is what I think he said:

'Industry' is going to end up being the main night club in Accy. Lar de dars will close down after new year.

All I'm tryin to do is give people a good time in Accrington. It's a dying town for nights out.

I'm a dj in Burnley also and that is becoming more popular with people coming over from Accy. All I want is for people to go out round Accy and think, "Yes, what a good night." and "I'll come back next week."

I like to have a laugh with people and I can mix/mingle but at times I dont bother because you don't need to. The conga has been a massive success and people ask me if we are doing it at start of night. (Going out is all about having a laugh and chilling out that's all I want.)

IT'S UP TO YOU IF YOU WANT TO COME AND HAVE A LOOK. WHY NOT ASK PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN IN THE LAST THREE WEEKS AND THEY WILL SAY THEY HAD A GOOD TIME. I want Accrington to be busy like it use to be.

Is that the correct meaning or have I put the punctuation in wrong and made it mean something that wasn't intended?

Last edited by WillowTheWhisp; 19-10-2006 at 14:54.
Old 19-10-2006, 14:52   #15
Resident Waffler

Darn, you beat me to it AccyJay!

See, that just proves how hard it was for me to transliterate.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..