Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-05-2006, 17:26   #1
Junior Member+

Where to go in Accy-Nightlife

Hi<I wil be shortly moving to Accy and wondered what the night life was like,
Are there any busy nights and if so which,Fri,Sat,Sun??
What time do most people come into town?
What time do most of the pubs or clubs(if any)close?

Thanks
dandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-08-2006, 08:13   #2

Re: Where to go in Accy-Nightlife

I've only recently started reading the main section to Accyweb (as apposed to the Stanley section), and am curious as to why noone has replied to this thread? I cant be the only saddo on here who goes out down Accy am I?!!!

Dandare, Accy is ok - has its good spots and its rough spots.

Thursday night tends to be a student night. Friday night is a little quiet, usually go out with your boy/girlfriend on a Friday. Saturday night is the night for a girls or lads night out. And Sunday used to be THE night, but I say used to as I believe its died now, but I might be wrong - its ages since I went out on a Sunday. Bank Holiday Sundays are always manic.

I usually head out into town about 9ish and start out at the Black Horse. Work my way to the other side of town and pop into Calder and Naggs Head - Calder being new and Naggs Head very recently done up. From there into town to Bees Knees, Bliss, Baileys, Shakers (next door to Warners), end up in the Bridge, or sometimes the Attic.

The town bars are open til late 2ish, and the Bridge is open til 3am. Think Back Horse is open til midnight.

The Attic is very good, its more of a Rockers pub which isnt really my thing but its good to see some live music. Adelphi is also a rockers pub just outside of town and I sometimes get dragged in here with my fella.

The Bridge I prefer on a Friday night as its too heaving on a Saturday, you cant move, cant dance and its sooooo smokey. They have just started opening the doors onto the beer garden which helps, but they have to close them at midnight.

The only nightclub in Accy is Lar De Dars, I haven't been up there in years and believe its as rough as ever and full of kids. A new nightclub called Industry opens this Thursday. I am going and will report back!
Kisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 09:29   #3
God Member

Don't bother with a Friday mate; there's just a load of nobs looking for a fight really.
Saturday is alright but I would advise you not to head for Lar De Dars, it's a real ****hole full of chavs & pilled up idiots.
Just a pointer if you go into Shakers - buy your beer in Warners & bring it into Shakers. The beer in Shakers tastes like it's been pulled through about 200 times & because Warners is a proper pub; the pumps are much better quality.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 10:00   #4

Its also a heck of a lot quicker to get served in Warners - good point Shakermaker
Kisser is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..