Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2008, 14:33   #1
God Member

Bastard

well it finaly came the day i was expecting

yes my nephew learned all about the different names of files etc and of course the bastard file came up in metal work

anyone else remeber giggleing and getting told off by their metal work teacher when that particular file came up in class lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-09-2008, 15:09   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Bastard

oh! thought this thread was about something else completely.....Neil already did the bastard file thing.......

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 15:13   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

think ALL files should be called that, cos filing is bloody hard work bet i know someone that wouldn't have giggled.
Old 06-09-2008, 16:50   #4
Resident Waffler

Never encountered that one but when I was at school we had a French/German teacher who used to purposely say things she knew would get the class sniggering. The classic German one was "Mein Vater" and in French she would refer to some recent exhibition and ask "C'est qu'ils expose?" - yes I know it didn't take much to get schoolgirls sniggering in those days.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 16:54   #5
God Member

The only bit of latin I can remember -

Mi toe
Mi tit
Mi teemus
Mi tote
Mi titis
Mi tunt

I can't get the spelling but honestly they are the proper ways of saying the verb. Well it amused me!

By the way, can't remember what it means either.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 17:02   #6
God Member

accyman, i remember being in woodwork with Mr Scott when he told us about that bastard file, all the lads found it funny to go around class for the rest of the lesson saying 'ya bastard file' to everyone lol

bet it was Scotty who taught you when you where there wasnt it
Old 06-09-2008, 18:30   #7

No never came across that one as they would not let us girls do metalwork
All we got was boring domestic science, the most interesting thing we did in that was learn how to put a plug on
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 18:34   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
The only bit of latin I can remember -

Mi toe
Mi tit
Mi teemus
Mi tote
Mi titis
Mi tunt

I can't get the spelling but honestly they are the proper ways of saying the verb. Well it amused me!

By the way, can't remember what it means either.
so in class if you said to johnny do you like mi titis and he said no would you be offended ?

sory but iv never taken latin

i just hope you never ran into class screaming look out boys its mi tunt

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 06-09-2008 at 18:37.
Old 06-09-2008, 18:40   #9
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
so in class if you said to johnny do you like mi titis and he said no would you be offended ?
We had a similar conversation on MSN recently
Old 06-09-2008, 18:45   #10
Junior Member+

Remember it well. Bob Almond, metalwork class, Holy Family 1963/64???
kitweman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 18:49   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitweman View Post
Remember it well. Bob Almond, metalwork class, Holy Family 1963/64???

you went to school with jesus ?

Old 06-09-2008, 20:10   #12
Senior Member+

When i was in engineering , i had various files including the bastard file . the roughest files i had were called milleney cut , and dreadnought .
david1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 21:33   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post

sory but iv never taken latin

i just hope you never ran into class screaming look out boys its mi tunt

unfortunately I went to an all girls schools so offering to show someone in class mi titis would be a major lifestyle choice

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 22:54   #14
Senior Member+

Had'nt even thought about or remembered this since i quit metalwork about 1972/3 but,yes iremember the stifled giggles/shock when the 'B' word came out.Thanks for unlocking a bit of useless info that hadf got lodged in there
Old 06-09-2008, 23:10   #15

Lots of sniggering went on at ours too when we found out about Bastard files, it didn’t last long tho as the woodwork teacher was off sick at the time and the Headmaster was taking the class…right little git he was too, Mr Nutter at Hollins ( when the 1st years went to Woodnook)

Just reminded me of other stuff from school, rekon I should pose the question in over 18's tho

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..