Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-04-2007, 13:50   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Free speech or not here!!!

Not having viewed the thread that was deleted would just like to say thanks to the Mods as I think this is a very good site and when someone oversteps the line they are reminded that this is a FAMILY site so things have to be well controlled.

I do not think that the Mods would delete an item unless they had valid reasons to do so.

The fact is if they wanted to they could make the site to controlled and then it would be boring and members would then leave but run as it is now I think it's just right
Accrington Web
Old 23-04-2007, 14:16   #17
God Member

This could go on forever. First there was the offending post that was deleted, then there was the thread about the post being deleted which was then deleted, now there is a thread about the thread about the post being deleted.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Old 23-04-2007, 14:19   #18
Give, give, give member

Probably the people with the least free speech on the site are the moderators.

Although they may post in the fun sections of Accy Web, I've never once seen them post in a serious debate, even though they may have something to add. They seem keep out of threads were they could be accused of having an advantage.

Accy Web is no different from 'real' life, we all have to abide by rules and law, otherwise there'd be anarchy.

As others have said, being a mod is a fairly thankless task, and not one I'd be able, or want to do.

Old 23-04-2007, 14:26   #19
I am Banned

Another pointless thread really, mods dont delete threads for fun of it theres usually a reason especially if u push the rules & generally warn those of us that bend them a little. Being a moderator is a thankless task & not an easy one, usually blamed for owt thats wrong, i've been one & still am to some point on another so i do have respect for them in that manner & make sure i thank them for their help or advice, even i get my own deleted mainly at my own report hehehehehehe & i thank them for it

I think they have been just in their desicion & you really know that cos if they let you off then they have to let the rest of us off & where will that end before anarchy sets in!!

Last edited by accymel; 23-04-2007 at 14:29.
Old 23-04-2007, 14:51   #20

Looks like tadah has tried to start a rebellion against the mods and got no takers LOL!
Old 23-04-2007, 15:05   #21
Yank in King Art's Court!

I think this is a good thread just by showing how appreciated the moderators are. That's not butt kissing, it's just a fact how many people appreciate Accyweb in it's entirerity. Do I agree with everything I see and "hear" on Accyweb, nope? IMO, I believe some "over 18 stuff" slips through the cracks on various threads. Do I sometimes laugh at these "infractions?" Yup. Just bothers me that some youngsters are exposed to it.

Early on in my Accyweb life I received a number of Mod. pm's. Scared the bejesus out of me. Like getting called to the principals office. In all cases they were merely hand holding. Instructing me while guiding me through posting tips. There have been a view thread comments where I thought I was a bit out of line. Thankfully, never had a Mod. slap my hand.

BEA

Old 23-04-2007, 15:11   #22
God Member

well its obvious you aint allowed to speak your mind, i got karma took off me for saying testicles lol
Old 23-04-2007, 15:26   #23
white rabbits

Well You Shouldent Have Said It Then,,,, Have Some Back For Your Cheek
Old 23-04-2007, 16:01   #24
God Member

cheers granny back at ya
Old 23-04-2007, 17:08   #25
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancYorkYankee View Post
I think this is a good thread just by showing how appreciated the moderators are. That's not butt kissing, it's just a fact how many people appreciate Accyweb in it's entirerity. Do I agree with everything I see and "hear" on Accyweb, nope? IMO, I believe some "over 18 stuff" slips through the cracks on various threads. Do I sometimes laugh at these "infractions?" Yup. Just bothers me that some youngsters are exposed to it.

Early on in my Accyweb life I received a number of Mod. pm's. Scared the bejesus out of me. Like getting called to the principals office. In all cases they were merely hand holding. Instructing me while guiding me through posting tips. There have been a view thread comments where I thought I was a bit out of line. Thankfully, never had a Mod. slap my hand.

BEA
lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 23-04-2007, 17:15   #26
Len
God Member

I think this thread has reached it’s end.

Closed:
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..