Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-04-2007, 11:03   #1
I am Banned

Free speech or not here!!!

Once again one of my threads has been deleted. It was a thread saying sorry for trying to help others stay clear of dodgy dealers and in this thread as some of you may have read the mods came under fire a little bit. Not from me but i did have a go at BBK for deleting a thread which would have bee helpful to others. Now in the first second thread i did it was said that taking the michael out of the mods wasa bannable offence but im sure that we still live in a world where everyone is entitled to their own opinion on any matter including other people. Is this so or are we using a forum moderated by people who we cant have an opinion, or say things, about? If so thats just wrong to me but am i alone? Stop the ass kissing and have your say on this!
Accrington Web
Old 23-04-2007, 11:03   #2
I am Banned

Re: Free speech or not here!!!

Cue thread deletion.
Old 23-04-2007, 11:14   #3
God Member

The rules are the same for everyone Tadah .... No arguing with mods in threads. I think it works well.

If you have a problem with a decision made by a mod take it up with them privately, not on the boards ...... and believe me I've had a few set-too's with mods behind closed doors
Old 23-04-2007, 11:23   #4
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadah View Post
Now in the first second thread i did it was said that taking the michael out of the mods wasa bannable offence but im sure that we still live in a world where everyone is entitled to their own opinion on any matter including other people. Is this so or are we using a forum moderated by people who we cant have an opinion, or say things, about? If so thats just wrong to me but am i alone? Stop the ass kissing and have your say on this!
When you signed up to accyweb you agreed to abide by the rules of the forum, one of these rules is that you cannot be calling the mods, after all their lives would be hell if every time they try to do their job they had to put up with insults from irate members.

So really the answer to your question is no, freedom of speech is not here, but then you voluntarily gave away that portion of it when you signed up to be a member of this forum.

Don't forget without the mods doing their jobs voluntarily and giving a great deal of personal time to the site there would be chaos, we would be inundated with spam, swearing would increase to an intolerable level driving away decent members. Those of us that do at times overstep the mark have to be brought back into line somehow and if by doing their job to protect the majority of members the mods had to suffer insults they would not do the job for long.

If they have removed something it won't have been a personal vendetta against you it will be because they have decided usually between themselves, that the post/thread is out of line and therefore not good for the site.

So the only thing you can do is keep in mind that the mods are here for the good of the majority and live by the rules.

Old 23-04-2007, 11:26   #5
I am Banned

I do live by rules Mr Less but i will still say what i think on any matter i iwsh and if im banned then i get banned.
Old 23-04-2007, 11:28   #6
Resident Waffler

I see your point about not being able to communicate by PM when the person you wish to communicate with will not accept PMs but even if you did argue privately with a mod it wouldn't change the policy so why do it?

Old 23-04-2007, 11:29   #7
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadah View Post
I do live by rules Mr Less but i will still say what i think on any matter i iwsh and if im banned then i get banned.
Then I'm afraid you will be breaking the rules and can blame no-one but yourself if you get banned.
Old 23-04-2007, 11:30   #8
God Member

Testicles ...............
Old 23-04-2007, 11:31   #9
God Member

I didn't see your original thread Tadah, so cant comment on that, I think what Less said says it all really, I dont think the moderators have anything against you personally, maybe you need to read through your posts and imagine how it'll be perceived by others, like I said though I didn't see it so cant comment specifically.
Old 23-04-2007, 11:35   #10
God Member

There are rules in life in general that stop you saying whatever you like, this forum is and has always been a family site with a few younger members. It is the duty of the mods to ensure that this site is suitable for the complete audience.

Perhaps you like to sail close to the wind, perhaps you enjoy trolling to a certain extent who knows, the mods are here to ensure the site remains a safe and pleasant land to live in. I guess that if you don't feel happy here that you should know its not compulsory to post here, find somewhere that moderates to your level and be happy there instead.

A lot of people enjoy posting on Accyweb because we have a wide and varied collection of people. you need to consider teh opinion and values of all those people when posting.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

Old 23-04-2007, 11:42   #11
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

I think the mods do a good job on here and I agree with the rules about not arguing with them etc. To be honest they can be a little slack if anything so we often get away with stuff we shouldn't. It works well in my opinion.

If you want to argue with them mate then it won't be long before you get banned again.
Old 23-04-2007, 11:45   #12
white rabbits

I have had my hands slapped a few times ,but i neaded it ...They are good moderaters
Old 23-04-2007, 12:21   #13
Resident Waffler

I've had a moan now and again about threads containing a video link being moved the AG when I feel they belong in GC because they are relating to a discussion rather than just an entertaining bit of nonsense, but the official line is that all video links belong in AG whatever the subject matter so I just have to accept that, post the video in AG and then a link to it in a new thread in GC for discussion. That's just the way it is.

Old 23-04-2007, 12:23   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I think the mods do a good job on here
BROWN
NOSER
ALERT!!!
Old 23-04-2007, 12:38   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle View Post
BROWN

NOSER

ALERT!!!
No need to brown nose, you can get away with anything on here

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..