Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2007, 19:39   #1
God Member

Heart broken :(

Really upset today. Home for the weekend, and I went to my mums to find my bosc monitor had passed away He'd only just turned two years old. Not sure why he died Just hope he's gone to reptile heaven where he can be happy.

Miss him so much already
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bathtime003a.jpg (59.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DONNYCARDa.jpg (123.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg P1010003a.jpg (92.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg P1010044-1a.jpg (90.6 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by Len; 13-11-2007 at 11:43.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-11-2007, 19:56   #2

Re: Heart broken :(

Sorry to hear about your pet. They become like members of the family. Everyone says that but they do dont they.
Old 10-11-2007, 20:02   #3

Sorry to hear about that. Its always awful to lose something/someone your close to.
Old 10-11-2007, 20:02   #4
God Member

Sorry to hear about your pet Blazey, not sure what a normal lifespan is for one of those is or if its affected in any way by being kept as a pet, not natural for reptiles, sure you'll miss him for a while pets do become part of the family
Old 10-11-2007, 20:02   #5
God Member

Thanks, yeh Don was like a member of our family, we celebrated his birthday (august 16th) and everything. Just wish he was still here
Old 10-11-2007, 20:05   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grego View Post
Sorry to hear about your pet Blazey, not sure what a normal lifespan is for one of those is or if its affected in any way by being kept as a pet, not natural for reptiles, sure you'll miss him for a while pets do become part of the family
He shouldve lived the same amount of time as a dog. Its not really normal to keep any pet, and he lived in more of a natural habitat than what dogs and cats do. As for birds, well having their wings clipped so they cant fly and keeping them in cages isnt natural either, but they live good lives. He was alive for two years and I keep reptiles as a hobby, bit like pedigree cat/dog breeders. Don just happened to be my favourite and closest to my heart.
Old 10-11-2007, 20:24   #7
God Member

I weren't having a dig Blazey so no need to be so defensive, in your photo Dons habitat looked ok to me, I completely disagree with your statement regarding dogs and cats though, I too would disagree with anyone clipping the wings of birds. I had no idea that reptiles live so long, are you going to get a professional opinion regarding his death?
Old 10-11-2007, 20:33   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grego View Post
I weren't having a dig Blazey so no need to be so defensive, in your photo Dons habitat looked ok to me, I completely disagree with your statement regarding dogs and cats though, I too would disagree with anyone clipping the wings of birds. I had no idea that reptiles live so long, are you going to get a professional opinion regarding his death?
No it costs too much and I dont want him being prodded and cut open when he's dead, so I'd rather just put it down to the cold weather. Different reptiles live for different periods of time. As for the dog and cat thing, there are clearly types of cat and dog that are not suitable for a household, just as some reptiles arent suitable for in the home, so I think it's very similar. But I guess it depends what species and what opinion u have on it.
Old 10-11-2007, 20:35   #9

sorry to hear about tht im attached to my pets too much i would be heart broken too if anything happened to any of them
Old 10-11-2007, 20:37   #10

Sorry to here a bout your loss, but he,s gone to a nice place in heaven and it will always be in good hand,s with the lord looking down on it.
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 20:38   #11
Give, give, give member

Sorry to hear that Blazey.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 21:21   #12
Beacon of light

Blazey, I am sorry you have lost your beloved pet.
I have cats and I know how much they become part of the family, and you really do miss them when the leave us. You can only tell yourself that he had a privileged life.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 21:28   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Blazey, I am sorry you have lost your beloved pet.
I have cats and I know how much they become part of the family, and you really do miss them when the leave us. You can only tell yourself that he had a privileged life.
Well our persian cat came in whilst I was taking him out of his vivarium and it was meowing (i know thats not how u spell it officially) at the empty vivarium. So it seems the cats are wondering where he has gone too
Old 10-11-2007, 21:37   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Red face Re: Heart broken :(

Pets are Pets,no matter what they are, sorry about yer loss blazey, its a bitch,
Old 10-11-2007, 21:53   #15
Resident Waffler

Sorry to hear about the passing of your pet Blazey. Presumably he had heat in his viv so the cold shouldn't have been a problem. Did you have him from a baby?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..