Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: How much will she walk away with?
Half of it - £400m 4 15.38%
Quarter of it - £200m 14 53.85%
The three bleach bottles 3 11.54%
It will be a last minute reconciliation 0 0%
She'll have an affair with Michael Jackson and own the rights to the Beatles music 5 19.23%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2006, 16:30   #46
I am Banned

Re: How much of the 800m will she take?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len
Thanks for that, so did I at the time (sad) but it shouldn’t really be here.
Jambutty should now get the credit for it not me.

Aw you welcome though you should of left it on then if all else fails blame the beer hehehehehe
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-08-2006, 18:44   #47
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex
OH NO! Ya' just shattered me fantasies.
its ok they can work wonders with plastic these days , although visa declined me
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 23:35   #48
Len
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel
Aw you welcome though you should of left it on then if all else fails blame the beer hehehehehe
Nice one. hehe
Maybe I should have pretended that I’d been drinking, I never thought of that.
cheers.

Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2006, 04:18   #49
Senior Member+

maybe cause u were too drunk to think of that?
Old 13-08-2006, 10:52   #50

lighten up jambutty you seem to be to judgemental of people. if you read everything in all jokes ie: Irish jokes,blonde jokes, ugly jokes.I know a lot of Irish people I like and respect. same with blondes, plus I know a lot of ugly people,I could go on,Please don't respond if you can help it, Thats a joke!
expat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2006, 11:50   #51
Apprentice Geriatric

Angry Re: How much of the 800m will she take?

I see that this thread has been moved to “Anything Goes”, but that doesn’t make some of the posts any less obnoxious. In fact I see it as trying to hide the crass posts under a blanket of “Anything Goes” and thereby trying to justify people making them.

Just who are you to tell me to lighten up expat? Forum etiquette prevents me from telling you precisely where to go.

It must have escaped your notice that we are all judgemental of others and that includes you. So before you start to call the kettle black make sure that there are no smudges on your face.

My objection is not about the Irish, blondes etc but about some forum members taking the mick out of a disabled person. That is the absolute pits especially as it is behind her back and she has no chance of reply.

It’s people like you that make me ashamed to be part of the same species.

If you had a disabled wife, son, daughter or relative would you accept someone ridiculing them for their disability?
Old 13-08-2006, 12:05   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty
That is the absolute pits especially as it is behind her back and she has no chance of reply.
I've just sent her an e-mail telling her where and when the next accyweb meet is.
Old 13-08-2006, 12:15   #53
Resting in Peace

I am not a prude, and some of the posts made me laugh, however, have to agree with Jambutty here. I know all jokes are usually based on subjects as previously stated, but this was extremely personal and stemmed from someone's tragic accident. Ok, she probably has heard them before, but doubt whether it is less hurtful to her.

I wonder when Linda McCartney was dying of breast cancer, we would have poked fun at her masectomy, loss of hair etc. I have friends with missing limbs, eyes, etc., through various diseases, and although, they themselves, can be good humoured about it, would never, ever, poke fun at them, unless I could be certain they understood was not being cruel.

I think we have to think of the pay-out to come as as sort of percentage rather than a set figure, and 20% 'for instance' is quite a huge sum from 800 million, whereas us mere mortals would probably only amount to a few thousand.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2006, 12:33   #54
Apprentice Geriatric

Question Re: How much of the 800m will she take?

Publish her email address Tinkerbelle then the sickos on here can write to her to apologise for their abhorrent comments.
Old 13-08-2006, 18:17   #55
God Member

Quote:
Publish her email address Tinkerbelle then the sickos on here can write to her to apologise for their abhorrent comments.
Yeah and I'm sure she'd appreciate ...... not!!

This is going way off topic but can you tell me jambutty how you regard this woman as disabled? Disabled to me means un-able to do something able-bodied people take for granted. Walking? So she lost her leg, yes, don't get me wrong that is unfortunate, no-one would like that to happen to them but if it does people just get on with it. The woman can walk, she has to suffer no indignity of having to have someone take her to the toilet or other basic needs. Many amputee's have to suffer great pain by having ill fitting limbs provided by the NHS, these are the people who I pity, not some person that could afford the best medical treatment money can buy or can afford for hired help to come in and pick her nose for her if she so wished!

Now, Alison Lapper, the woman born without any arms and shortened legs, the lady who has had a statue erected of her in Trafalagar Square is a lady to be admired. Heather 'money grabbing' Mills brings any bad feeling towards her on herself IMHO.
Old 13-08-2006, 18:26   #56
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
This is going way off topic but can you tell me jambutty how you regard this woman as disabled? Disabled to me means un-able to do something able-bodied people take for granted. Walking? So she lost her leg, yes, don't get me wrong that is unfortunate, no-one would like that to happen to them but if it does people just get on with it. The woman can walk, she has to suffer no indignity of having to have someone take her to the toilet or other basic needs. Many amputee's have to suffer great pain by having ill fitting limbs provided by the NHS, these are the people who I pity, not some person that could afford the best medical treatment money can buy or can afford for hired help to come in and pick her nose for her if she so wished!
Yeah the thread has been taken out of proportion & suggests that the insensitivity problem that some people have here are result of their own problem with understanding the meaning of disability, i know an amputee like Heather & he gets around & would rather he was treated normally than as if he had a disablement - even close family will joke just as much as we have here in front of him he laughs his head off - cos as tinks says he doesn't see himself as disabled - just differently abled & they put 'normal abled' people to shame!!!!!!
Old 13-08-2006, 18:34   #57
I am Banned

Quote:
Now, Alison Lapper, the woman born without any arms and shortened legs, the lady who has had a statue erected of her in Trafalagar Square is a lady to be admired. Heather 'money grabbing' Mills brings any bad feeling towards her on herself IMHO.
She is inspirational, watched several documentories about her, she does her art & bring up her son alone, plus shows people that her birth defeat [thamidomide - sp???** does not in anyway inpede on her life in anyway - she puts most people to shame & doesn't abuse that to thwart money out of famously rich x husband!!!!
Old 13-08-2006, 21:51   #58
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Heather 'money grabbing' Mills brings any bad feeling towards her on herself IMHO.
OH, Tinkerbelle, you are wicked, get up to your grotto, you are grounded for 7 days ....

We don't really know that Heather Mills is as you describe, only what the media has made her out to be. I am willing to give her the benefit of the doubt.

Who could deny that a man with money and talent like Paul McCartney had not got some sort of attraction for her and that she did not have feelings of true admiration towards him, it sorta' puts a 'glow' around him, doesn't it?

We always use the expression, well, if you saw him sweeping the streets, you would not give him a second glance. Well, of course not !! not the same pulling power is it.. tee hee.

I like to believe that she did truly love him when they married, and now that they are divorcing, she is entitled to part of the family pot.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2006, 12:44   #59
Apprentice Geriatric

Angry Re: How much of the 800m will she take?

You won’t publish Heather’s email address Tinkerbelle because your claim to have emailed her was a very, very poor bluff. She does have a web site though with a ‘CONTACT’ link and you don’t need an ‘ology in The Internet to find it.

Your definition of a disabled person has it about right so let us apply it to Heather Mills. Can she run, swim, climb stairs like she used to? No of course not! Thus the loss of a leg makes her disabled. I don’t care that she has oodles of cash. That has no bearing on the issue and bringing her money into the debate only smacks of jealousy on the part of the commentator.

The fact that she has come to terms with her disability and leads as near a normal life as can be expected is to her credit but she doesn’t deserve people mocking her because of her disability. You Tinkerbelle seem to be trying to justify your cruel comments because, in your own words, she is ‘money grabbing’. I would remind you that the original topic – “How much of the 800m will she take? – was the discussion point.

Would you have mocked Alison Lapper if she happened to be in the throws of a divorce from a multi millionaire?

All you are doing is trying to excuse your crass ignorance and don’t have the guts to stand up and say “sorry I shouldn’t have joked about her missing leg.”

I am sure that most disabled people would prefer to be treated just like anyone else accymel but that is no excuse to poke fun at them because of their disability. I’m equally sure that many disabled people poke fun at their own disability but that is a defence mechanism to dull the pain of insensitive jibes from others. That doesn’t give other people carte blanche to do the same though.

I still stand by my post #30.

This thread started off under the terms of “General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!” but has degenerated into disparaging comments starting with post #4 by chav1. That and all related posts should have been deleted as off topic if nothing else and certainly because of the content. Sadly all that happened is the post was moved from its legitimate place in General Talk to Fun>Anything Goes in a lame attempt to justify the hurtful posts being left in place.
Old 14-08-2006, 12:48   #60
I am Banned

How many months has she been married for tho???

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..