Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: How much will she walk away with?
Half of it - £400m 4 15.38%
Quarter of it - £200m 14 53.85%
The three bleach bottles 3 11.54%
It will be a last minute reconciliation 0 0%
She'll have an affair with Michael Jackson and own the rights to the Beatles music 5 19.23%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-08-2006, 12:59   #61
I am Banned

Re: How much of the 800m will she take?

Bloody hell jambutty calm down chuck!!! Blimey is it of human nature to mock humour ???? I think you best re-think you comments wisely with regards to tinks personally before you end up with egg on yer face LOL!!!

Alison Lapper had credibilitated herself self without becoming a media hotspot for marrying for money - when the next documentory comes on about her i will let you know to WATCH it.

Sorry anyone whether disabled or not gets this sort of press coverage & heckled for marrying into high profile relationships then divorce, mmmmm i bet you mock Posh or even Camilla got in for stick & was mocked .... geee we have all been taken the pee out of for something we dislike about ourselves its part of life & nature. If Heather Mills should wish to discuss this thread topic i think you will find she's heard it all before & worse [not worse than the british press ragpapers - whom i bet most people buy] i bet she could comment on making her stronger as a person - like i said before i think these comments have been taken all so seriously to even the point HM would be able to put is as 'water over ducks back'.

Last edited by accymel; 14-08-2006 at 13:03.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-08-2006, 14:33   #62
God Member

There is a terrible rumour going around Wapping/Canary Wharf (The centre of the newspaper industry) that Lady Mcartney will be reluctant to go to court, for among other reasons, a number of movies which may be shown involving herself as a younger lady. One of these apparently co-stars an Alsatian dog and is not to be confused with Mr Rolf Harris's "Pet Rescue" or a 1980's edition of Blue Peter.

Personally, I think such stories and innuendo are an absolute disgrace and I seriously wish her well in taking the dodgy scouser to the cleaners.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2006, 14:34   #63
God Member

Second time I've had to type this out, grrr expiry thingy lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty
You won’t publish Heather’s email address Tinkerbelle because your claim to have emailed her was a very, very poor bluff.

It wasn't a bluff it was sarcasm, yes I know 'sarcasm is the lowest form of wit'.

Quote:
Your definition of a disabled person has it about right so let us apply it to Heather Mills. Can she run, swim, climb stairs like she used to? No of course not! Thus the loss of a leg makes her disabled. I don’t care that she has oodles of cash. That has no bearing on the issue and bringing her money into the debate only smacks of jealousy on the part of the commentator.

Know her personally do you and how her disability hinders her? Can she walk more than hundred yards without the help of a walking aid? Is she crippled by excruciatingly painful arthiritis? Does she need help with basic needs?

Hell yes, course I'm jealous, if I had that kind of money it would make my life and circumstances much easier to live with! On the other hand I'm not going to run out and try to catch myself a rich husband to live off, it's called pride.

Quote:
You Tinkerbelle seem to be trying to justify your cruel comments because, in your own words, she is ‘money grabbing’.

I have nothing to justify I don't feel the need to justify myself to you or anyone else.

Quote:
Would you have mocked Alison Lapper if she happened to be in the throws of a divorce from a multi millionaire?

I think that's such an insult to Alison Lapper to even compare the 2 woman. Alison Lapper has fought for independence for so long I can't ever see her marrying for the sake of money.

I'm sorry but it comes down to the fact I think she's an idle sod, she should make her own money.

Quote:
I’m equally sure that many disabled people poke fun at their own disability but that is a defence mechanism to dull the pain of insensitive jibes from others.

Voice for many disabled people now are you? How do you know what disabled think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel
Blimey is it of human nature to mock humour ???? I think you best re-think you comments wisely with regards to tinks personally before you end up with egg on yer face
The irony
Old 14-08-2006, 15:09   #64
Apprentice Geriatric

Angry Re: How much of the 800m will she take?

I am calm accymel, very calm indeed and have been for many years and I have no need to resort to swearing to make my point.

I’ve just read through my last post and there is nothing in there that would warrant an eggy face. Even so I don’t care if I end up with egg on my face, although it is unlikely to happen. What I care about is people making disparaging remarks about people’s disabilities. It is totally out of order and the perpetrators should stand up and apologise unconditionally.

I do not recall any mocking press coverage about Heather Mills’ disability. The press knows better than that. Sadly some people on this forum do not.

You can talk all you like about high profile marriages and then about what is turning out to be a nasty divorce but that has absolutely nothing to do with her disability. You are just mixing the two issues in a puerile attempt to justify your own comments.

Whether HM has heard worse or not is also not the issue. She may even poke fun at her own disability but as I said before people who poke fun at themselves do so as a defence mechanism to dull the hurtful pain when some else has a go at them. Just because she may poke fun at herself it doesn’t give anyone else the right to do the same.

You bet wrong accymel. I have never made any comments about Posh or Camilla. Just exactly how long have you been privy to HM’s innermost thoughts?

All you are doing is trying to justify your obnoxious comments.

Are any of the half dozen or so forum members who have taken the micky out of HM because of her disability, man or woman enough to stand up and apologise unequivocally?

If not then I appeal to the Senior Moderator to delete all the disparaging posts and those relating to them and return this thread to where it was in General Chat so that the actual topic can be discussed.

No I do not know her personally Tinkerbelle nor do I wish to and I have no idea how her disability affects her life. But that is not the issue and you well know it.

The issue is that I took umbrage at cowardly people taking the micky out of a person’s disability behind her back and in the full knowledge that she would not be able to reply because the existence of this forum is probably unknown to her. That is the issue and any other matters are just muddying the waters.

I am my own voice and have never claimed to represent anyone other than myself. However I do know how some disabled people think and I know they find adverse or nasty comments about their disability hurtful as do I about mine.

Are you the voice for the people who mock the disabled? Do you know how they think? Probably because you are one of them.

If you are all so sure that HM would laugh at this thread then who of the half dozen who followed chav1’s lead and posted hurtful comments about HM will be prepared to invite her to read this thread? Go on I’ll make it easy for you - this is the URL:
http://www.heathermillsmccartney.com/

I’ll make it even easier for you use this URL:
http://www.heathermillsmccartney.com/contacts.php

Any takers?
Old 14-08-2006, 15:34   #65
God Member

I shall now be writing to Sir Paul to inform him that his Mrs has been having an affair with Mr J.Butty, of Darwin, lancs.
Old 14-08-2006, 15:42   #66
I am Banned

Jambutty, i can assure you from experience of & thats plenty my son whom i dont call disabled has a congenital condition that will mean walking can be a disability to so called 'normal' folk but to him he is normal & has been stared at because he walks with limp - it actually doesn't bother him at all in fact proud of his condition, he's has 2 ops within 1st 2yrs of birth & will be going for his 3rd soon, now ive had the comments & heard the snears & TBH it dont bother me either because neither of us or anyone who knows him regards him to be disabled - they treat him like any normal kid which is what we both want - plus they arn't as sensitive as you make em out to be Jambutty in fact a lot stronger than you think so much it does put abled people to shame so basically joke backfires because they can laugh along too. I dont conform to the disabled attitude, simply because its an excuse not to do something not a medical condition, so many para-olympians, of physical disadvantage proof that mate because they find a way to do than to sit there moaning what they cant do - as is case of Heather Mills whom just gets on with it without complaint. They hate the very idea [unless conditioned to excuse themselves] that because they have an impediment that they are pussy footed about because people fear they will offend them - they want to be treated as any normal person would be - even by the not so good bits like joke because they do want to distance themselves from the condition & be a person - nowt worse than having to feel awkward about somebody elses awkwardness!!!!

If you feel that strongly then mail heather yourself & i cant wait for the reaction you'll get............hehehehe

Last edited by accymel; 14-08-2006 at 15:50.
Old 14-08-2006, 15:44   #67
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
I shall now be writing to Sir Paul to inform him that his Mrs has been having an affair with Mr J.Butty, of Darwin, lancs.
Pmsl Tealeaf, you would think so
Old 14-08-2006, 15:49   #68
Apprentice Geriatric

Exclamation Re: How much of the 800m will she take?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
Before publishing what you probably consider to be a smart retort it would carry more weight if you got the facts right.

There isn’t a Mr J Butty and Darwin is in Australia. It even shows Darwen in my profile so you have no excuse for getting it wrong.

And the name would be Mr James Buckley.
Old 14-08-2006, 16:09   #69
God Member

Quote:
Before publishing what you probably consider to be a smart retort it would carry more weight if you got the facts right.

There isn’t a Mr J Butty and Darwin is in Australia. It even shows Darwen in my profile so you have no excuse for getting it wrong.

And the name would be Mr James Buckley.
Oh Dear.

Too late, anyway. The letter has already gone. Sir Paul will have it on his silver platter with his wholemeal toast and organic marmalade no later than 10am tomorrow.

I could never understand why Darwen/Darwin..I wonder if he will know? Maybe I should have asked him.

Give my regards to Heather.

Last edited by Tealeaf; 14-08-2006 at 16:11.
Old 14-08-2006, 17:39   #70
Apprentice Geriatric

You seem to be missing the point accymel. My objections to the hurtful posts are first because they are totally uncalled for and secondly they are made behind the victim’s back and not because it just happened to be at Heather Mills.

I was unaware that you had a son who is not as able bodied as most people but what makes it all the more amazing is that you of all people joined in poking fun at Heather’s disability.

It isn’t very clear from your post but I gather that your son is still young and probably doesn’t understand the hurt that a nasty jibe can cause. You, like a responsible parent, have normalised his life as best you can. Hopefully his condition can be corrected and one day he will be able to run and jump with the best of them and thus his ‘disability’ will disappear. Heather does not have that option.

I wasn’t going to mention this but you have forced my hand so to speak. Neither does my 33 years old son when at the age of three he accidentally stuck a needle in his right eye. Even though he was rushed to hospital and operated on within a couple of hours the loss of eyeball fluid was too great to save the sight in that eye. Having the needle pierce the retina didn’t help either. Slowly over the next few years the sight deteriorated until he went blind in that eye.

In spite of mine and his mother’s best efforts he still came home from school heartbroken after kids called him Cyclops and wandered around the school yard with one hand over one eye and bumped into each other. He couldn’t play cricket or football or any other games where judging distance was crucial to the game. With just monocular vision he had no depth perception and did bump into things until he learned over many years to judge distances in other ways. Today he makes light of his disability and won’t even register as partially sighted. But the truth of the matter is that if anything approached from his right he wouldn’t know until it was too late unless his other senses warned him of danger.

The para-olympians are to be applauded but they are the exception rather than the rule. Alternatively the self pitying whiners who play on their disability and there are plenty of them, are to be pitied. Yet even they do not deserve to be mocked for their disability.

I have seen grown people reduced to tears because of some crass comment by an unthinking and insensitive remark made by an able bodied person.

Some of the disabled people that I know are sensitive about their situation but they don’t show it. Equally they don’t like to be patronised either and that is almost as bad as being made fun of.

I feel strongly about this issue because I think that it is cruel and unkind to poke fun at a person because they are disabled. I can see nothing wrong in that outlook.

I have no intention of contacting HM to point her to this thread but what about all those who claim she wouldn’t be bothered by the abuse? Prove it by contacting her and inviting her to read what some people have been saying about her behind her back. Or post an unconditional apology.
Old 14-08-2006, 18:43   #71
God Member

OK jambutty I'm going to apologise, not for ridiculing Heather Mills and her disability because as already been stated there are scores of unsavoury jokes all over the internet, we didn't invent them on this forum, but I will apologise to you personally for having read my part in the mickey taking of her and taking it personally due to your situation with your son. I think I can actually understand were your coming from now I'm sorry.
Old 14-08-2006, 18:53   #72
I am Banned

I've nothing to opologise for!!!

Im mearely giving another side clarity, im sorry about your son & your situation but having the same situation myself i'suppose the difference is handling, my sons future isnt good but he's making the most of it now & i love him regardless as yourself with your son. As with everyone including yourself was misunderstanding, but as your side is right doesn't mean mine aint valid either its question of the person themselves & how they handle it & yeh theres some that can give it back.

Ban all jokes/banter etc even posts cos somewhere somebody will be offended!
Old 15-08-2006, 11:57   #73
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
OK jambutty I'm going to apologise, not for ridiculing Heather Mills and her disability because as already been stated there are scores of unsavoury jokes all over the internet, we didn't invent them on this forum, but I will apologise to you personally for having read my part in the mickey taking of her and taking it personally due to your situation with your son. I think I can actually understand were your coming from now I'm sorry.
There may well be countless unsavoury jokes about HM on the Internet but all that does is show the mentality of the people who made them. It doesn’t excuse you doing the same. Thus I cannot accept your conditional apology because this issue is not about me or my son. It is about the despicable, behind the back mocking of a disabled person.

If you cannot bring yourself to apologise for ridiculing a disabled person then you are to be pitied.
Old 15-08-2006, 11:58   #74
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel
I've nothing to opologise for!!!

Im mearely giving another side clarity, im sorry about your son & your situation but having the same situation myself i'suppose the difference is handling, my sons future isnt good but he's making the most of it now & i love him regardless as yourself with your son. As with everyone including yourself was misunderstanding, but as your side is right doesn't mean mine aint valid either its question of the person themselves & how they handle it & yeh theres some that can give it back.

Ban all jokes/banter etc even posts cos somewhere somebody will be offended!
If you have nothing to apologise for accymel then you should have no qualms about contacting HM and pointing her to this thread.

I challenge you to repeat what you wrote in your posts to her face by giving her an opportunity to read this thread.
Old 15-08-2006, 11:59   #75
Apprentice Geriatric

It would appear that the other members - chav1, Billcat, SPUGGIE J, expat, Tealeaf, lettie, Len and Shane who have also made disparaging remarks about the disability of a disabled person, have slipped quietly into the background. Hopefully it is because they are too shame faced to try and justify their posts and not because if they ignore the point it will just melt away.

In my eyes their reputation as human beings has been badly tarnished.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..