Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-09-2006, 17:02   #1
God Member

huge spiders

Now is it me getting smaller or are spiders getting bigger ?
Ive had 4 really big (and i mean BIG) spiders trying to reside in my home in a week , and the bigger they are the more i dont like em, i keep gettin my hubby to evict them but they arent havin any of it and keep turnin back up. even my dog was chewing on one this morning, what has happened to the teeny weeny house spider i didnt mind them but these things are takin the mik
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-09-2006, 17:41   #2
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Re: huge spiders

Your eyes are not deceiving you Cherokee. You are lucky to have just had 4, I have had 8 within a fortnight and they are huge... I have managed to catch 2 of them and liberate them. Unfortunately the remaining 6 were just too feisty so I had to call on my friend Dyson.......

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2006, 17:46   #3
God Member

well thank god its not just me lettie haha, i was beginning to think they had been sent to destroy me from another planet or something havent seen a small one for ages . i really dont like spiders but they seem to be coming in groups and bigger than ever errgggg
Old 20-09-2006, 17:46   #4
Resident Waffler

They seem to be eating more this year. I don't mind spiders because they keep the place clear of flies.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2006, 07:38   #5
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Only if you let them build webs all over your house Willow
Old 21-09-2006, 09:27   #6
Senior Member+

we get big spiders,big brown ones,and they can move too,i get my 7yr old son to catch them for me he gets 20p a spider, money well spent, havnt had alot of them this year,are they in hiding or only come out at night
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2006, 12:10   #7

ok i,ll stop posting them to you all!!!!!!!!! LOL
whatsupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2006, 15:48   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackyalex
we get big spiders,big brown ones,and they can move too,i get my 7yr old son to catch them for me he gets 20p a spider, money well spent, havnt had alot of them this year,are they in hiding or only come out at night
think they,re all in my house haha
Old 21-09-2006, 15:58   #9
I am Banned

Yeh we have the big ones in residence as long as my daughter dont spot them hehehe we've had many an episodes cos a few have creeped into her room & the pandamonium she causes ...so armed with glass & paper i duely rescue our 8 legged friends back outside, but they soon get back in somehow so now they are warned keep out of daughters sight & they'll be safe

So every night now im ordered to check daughters room before she goes to bed to make sure its safe & spider free lol im sure they are more scared of her than she is of them just they are quieter about it

Me & me son dont mind them at all & laugh but least we dont kill em - thats for wasps!!! PMSL

Another thing as well been getting a few daddy long legs - what use are them that like most flying insects/bugs all they do is dive bomb & bloody pee you off they get a slap, least spiders keep out way & dont bug ya really.

Last edited by accymel; 21-09-2006 at 16:02.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2006, 16:12   #10
God Member

apparently if you put a house spider outside the back door it will probably be back in the house before you!!!! so squish them!!!
Old 21-09-2006, 22:21   #11
Senior Member+

im with you on that accymel,i hate those flying insects they seem to be attracted to me they send shivers down my spine,my son likes to save any insects and gets them out the house before my slipper reaches the insects,my little nature boy
Old 21-09-2006, 22:31   #12
God Member

My eldest doesn'y mind bugs either. i have had a couple of BIG spiders in my house this year. I was sat at the computer tother night and one crept up alongside the computer dest.....................

So I turned everything off and went to bed. Even my mum had trouble getting me to go to bed at 9pm after I was about 4 years old, but that spider managed!!!!!!

I hate them that much I can't even kill em!!!!

At work other day, pulled covers back on one of our residents beds and a huge spider ran across the bed. I had to get my colleague to squish it.....

Miracles do happen!!

Last edited by slinky; 21-09-2006 at 22:35.
slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2006, 22:33   #13
God Member

OMG talking of spiders there is one right now on the wall next to the computer again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But it's only a baby compared to the last one so I think i might survive this time. But if it brings any mates with boots on back......I'm off.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2006, 22:37   #14
God Member

OMG slinky you ve got me looking round my walls now pmsl
Old 21-09-2006, 22:38   #15
Senior Member+

is it looking at you,youve prob woken it up its come out to stare at you so you turn off the comp again and let it go back to bed,or it might want to eat you lol

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..