Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2003, 11:37   #1

Post SEPTEMBER 11TH!

Can you remember what you were doing on september 11th when the planes hit the trade centre, i was just thinking about it today and can remember every detail!
Dont forget 2 mins silence at 13.46 today!!
tracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-09-2003, 11:56   #2
I am Banned

Post Re: SEPTEMBER 11TH!

As I was on usenet I knew within minutes of the first plane hiting. I put sky news on and remember thinking how could that happens. That has to be the worlds biggest accident.

Then I sat there and watched live as the second plane hit... Then I started getting very very worried

Worry turned to complete dissbelief as I watched the first of the twin towers fall... It's the most amazing sequence of events I have ever witnessed live (albiet through a TV screen)

FACT: Within minutes of the headlins used on SKY News.. the domains where registered... every different headline used and the domain was registered within litrally minutes.  I thought that was quite sick. While the events unfolded someone was thinking profit

HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 18:57   #3

I had just finished work and was preparing a casserole, when it came on the radio. Went to put CNN to make sure it was true, and also saw the 2nd plane hit.  Just couldn't take it in at all.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 19:02   #4
Resting in Peace

Was watching sky news at the time it happend what a shock !!
and then to see both towers fall  :'(
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 19:30   #5
Accy Goddess

I was sat watchin too. Just couldn't believe what I was seeing.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 21:24   #6
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I was on the postnatal ward at work, bathing a baby in front of the telly with the mother, when it suddenly came on. It was really wierd as we are normally so busy, but once we got the tellys switched on in all the ward areas, nobody buzzed us for anything, the babies never cried and it was silent, just for a few minutes. I'll never forget the horror on everybodys faces as we watched the first tower fall :'(

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 08:45   #7
Jo

I was on the phone to my boss in New York, I was in Italy. He saw the whole thing, he was in the car on Broadway. I lived the experience for several seeconds over the phone then he hung up. Couldn't get through again for 2 days.

Should have been there myself with him but cancelled my flight for Sept 9th and postponed it to Sept 18th due to family commitments. THANK GOD FOR FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I flew in on Sept 18th as planned (I was a bit nervous about the flight) and went to the site. The worse thing about the whole experience was the smell of burning flesh. Sorry if that sounds disgusting, but that's how it was - it's something you can't experience through TV, it was terrible.

An interesting fact: on that trip I travelled through 5 US airports. I had my husband's laptop bag with me which I took on all the planes as handluggage, Didn't check the pockets before I set off, but after returning I noticed that in the front pocket their was a carton cutter he uses to open boxes. THEY DIDN'T SPOT IT IN 5 US AIRPOTRS IN SEPT 2001 RIGHT AFTER THE TRAGEDY!!!! That's top security for you.
Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 13:10   #8

i was in Glasgow and it came on the radio i went into a Comet store and there were loads of people just stood watching the TV,s in silence as i dont think anyone could believe it
ifty50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 14:42   #9

i was in  the usa  florida when it happend every thing just stoped  nothing was  running not even the busses
happyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 22:17   #10
g78

I remember when I went to Florida in the December before the September 11th incident.  We flew via Newark Airport in New York.  When we came into land it was daylight and you could see the twin towers.  When we took off again, it was night and the twin towers were all lit up.  Even from such a distance they seemed huge.  To think that they could come crashing down was unthinkable.  

Also when I was in Florida (again I know, addicted to the place) in Jan/Feb of this year, the shuttle columbia crashed at the same time.  It actually flew over the area we were staying in, kinda sad really.  
Old 14-09-2003, 08:27   #11
Senior Member+

Was watching the tele at the time as i was on earliey shift.Wheni turnedover to Sky News and saw the 2nd plane going in i thought it was a hollywood film, a new one.When they said we were watching live and it was really happenning well, my body went cold.Still cannot believe it today,in this day and age,when peopledo stuff like that
Old 14-09-2003, 09:26   #12
Roy
Administrator

It was all a bit wierd for me. I was on the way to the Hull ferry terminal when it happened - heard on radio 1 about it, they thought it was a small plane then they just stopped normal show (I think it was Mark and Lard or Chris Moyles) and just played music. Next thing we knew the towers were down and there were still more planes in the air - then the ferry set off. No news / no TV / no radio, just rumours and everyone wanting to know what was going on for 16 hours! I actually bought a walkman in the on-board shop so I could listen to the radio and a group of us just sat up all night and listened to all the reports. I didn't actually see the TV footage for 2 days as I had to work, when I saw it i couldn't believe it!
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2003, 10:09   #13
Senior Member+

Good to have you back roy, hope your trip went well.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..