Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-05-2022, 19:40   #16
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: The Nazis Were Right, Uber All The World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
Less, I never set out to "upset" anyone but if you cannot stand a bit of banter, p--s/ micky, taking then I think that you must have had a very (sheltered) life.
Quote:
I am presuming that you should have put that in the jokes section, after working in brickyards, three days down a pit, (nuff said) and then finally getting my dream job of covering the north west of England as a mobile fork lift truck engineer, I have put up with a lot of abuse but your post is (well) out of order, take that as you will. Regards Taddy.

That isn't banter no matter how you try to pretend that's what you were up to.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-05-2022, 00:15   #17

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

I guess I’m one of the lazy fat bastards then…according to Just Eat I live 2.4 miles from my nearest takeaway…no way am I leaving my local to stagger a 5 mile round trip for a kebab…

Just staggered home…ordered on the app 10 minutes ago and according to the tracking its 5 minutes away. Meanwhile you’re waiting 2 hours??

Probably quicker for you to order online and have it delivered inside the shop
Old 30-05-2022, 09:38   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
I guess I’m one of the lazy fat bastards then…according to Just Eat I live 2.4 miles from my nearest takeaway…no way am I leaving my local to stagger a 5 mile round trip for a kebab…

Just staggered home…ordered on the app 10 minutes ago and according to the tracking its 5 minutes away. Meanwhile you’re waiting 2 hours??

Be careful O-drinker of the Liffy Water, we don't want to upset anyone, do we?
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2022, 10:00   #19
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post

The above was banter, whereas your original reply was an outburst of illogical indignation.

Quote:
Be careful O-drinker of the Liffy Water, we don't want to upset anyone, do we?
Oh dear, I do hope even though it's in 'anything goes', you do manage one sensible reply to this.
Now, shall we allow the thread to go whatever way it will?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2022, 10:56   #20
Beacon of light

And there was little me….thinking that nuances did not transpose onto the internet very well Less.
Well, that theory has just sunk…because I reckon you are right!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2022, 00:01   #21

I have been ‘off the air’ for a few weeks owing to an internet glitch (definitely not of my making) so have not been able to follow Accyweb lately. Now things seem to be ok I decided to check in and try to catch up with the happenings on my favourite forum (actually it’s the only forum I am on).

However, have to say this thread has left me scratching my head – not sure the meaning of half of it, and if it’s friendly banter or something else entirely, tut! tut! gentlemen – is it pistols at dawn and all that, or an Uber delivered picnic?

Simple solution re waiting a long time for a take-away, why not just cook your meals yourself.
Margaret Pilkington and taddy like this.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2022, 08:05   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
And there was little me….thinking that nuances did not transpose onto the internet very well Less.
Well, that theory has just sunk…because I reckon you are right!
Ok Marge, as I said on an earlier post, I never mean to upset anyone, although I do not know what "nuances on the internet mean", please advise, I shall attempt to keep my seemingly warped sense of humour to myself in later posts, apologies to anyone who takes offence at any of my posts.
Old 31-05-2022, 14:09   #23
Beacon of light

Taddy...I really don't think that you upset anyone at all.
I just think that you misinterpreted what Less was getting at...got hold of the wrong end of the stick.
It is easy to do.
As for nuances......they are the subtle cues that you easily pick up when in face to face conversation ( I suppose you could call it reading between the lines)...but I have always held that these are difficult to interpret on the internet...but your indignation was easy to pick up.
Please do not change anything about your sense of humour...and do not take criticism to heart.
You are a unique individual...you are you and it has taken many decades to perfect your way of being you...oh yes and don't let the praise go to your head or your cap will never fit you again.
taddy likes this.
Old 31-05-2022, 14:38   #24
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
tut! tut! gentlemen – is it pistols at dawn and all that,
Nah, not pistols far to messy & it don't half hurt, think it should be "man bags" (shudder) at close quarters, chops & chests are fair targets, but nothing below the belt or you get a public "Man bagging" by 6 irate whatevertheyises on full welly for 10 minutes.

Now I'm off to get some popcorn, beer & organise the venue!
taddy likes this.

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 31-05-2022 at 14:46.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2022, 15:28   #25
Beacon of light

Dorothy….men can be overwhelmed with hunger….it comes on all of a sudden……especially if it has been stimulated by a couple of pints…..and there is nothing worse than getting home and finding you have not the ingredients to make your own pizza….curry, kebab…or whatever it is that takes their fancy.

Not that I have had any takeaway food recently….I can’t say I have ever had a takeaway pizza…..and never had a curry or a kebab….and I can’t think of anyone that makes takeaway loose spud pie….or cottage pie.
taddy likes this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 31-05-2022 at 15:30.
Old 31-05-2022, 17:00   #26

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1266841]Dorothy….men can be overwhelmed with hunger….it comes on all of a sudden……especially if it has been stimulated by a couple of pints…..

How absolutely correct, I think that you and Mrs. Taddy must have relatives in the long and distant past, Please pass me another Hobgoblin "Hazel".
Old 31-05-2022, 17:08   #27
Beacon of light

Well Taddy….we are all cut from the same bit of cloth.
taddy likes this.
Old 01-06-2022, 04:22   #28
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Dorothy….men can be overwhelmed with hunger….it comes on all of a sudden……especially if it has been stimulated by a couple of pints…..
Quite, this is the reason we end up going into places we'd not normally bother with when stone cold sober. Instant satiation is required after a few scoops, that is why you tend to find kebab/pizza/McDuffs situated a couple of staggers either side of or across from a boozer.

Added to that my youger self, brother & father dear where all banned by my Mum from ever touching stuff in the kitchen after one particular night out & the "extreme crispy bacon incident" in other words charcoaled!
Guinness and taddy like this.

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 01-06-2022 at 04:26.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 10:17   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Quite, this is the reason we end up going into places we'd not normally bother with when stone cold sober. Instant satiation is required after a few scoops, that is why you tend to find kebab/pizza/McDuffs situated a couple of staggers either side of or across from a boozer.

Added to that my youger self, brother & father dear where all banned by my Mum from ever touching stuff in the kitchen after one particular night out & the "extreme crispy bacon incident" in other words charcoaled!
I have just noticed the time that you posted this Dave, do you have trouble sleeping or had you just returned from a night on the "Zotler" ?
Old 01-06-2022, 19:13   #30
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
I have just noticed the time that you posted this Dave, do you have trouble sleeping or had you just returned from a night on the "Zotler" ?

I wish, busy lad me, picking up & dropping off at wierd & wonderful hours most days. today is an early start then off to Namur in Belgium with train parts.
taddy likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..