Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-11-2007, 08:08   #1
Resident Waffler

Unashamedly copied from another forum - The Leith Police dismisseth us

Copied from another forum:

'Anonymised' correspondence between the Leith police and a member of the public

Dear Sir/madam/automated telephone answering service, Having spent the past twenty minutes waiting for someone at Leith police station to pick up a telephone, I have decided to abandon the idea and try e-mailing you instead. Perhaps you would be so kind as to pass this message on to your colleagues in Leith by means of smoke signal, carrier pigeon or ouji board.

As I'm writing this e-mail there are eleven failed medical experiments (I think you call them youths) in West Cromwell Street which is just off Commercial Street in Leith. Six of them seem happy enough to play a game which involves kicking a football against an iron gate with the force of a meteorite. This causes an earth shattering CLANG! which rings throughout the entire building. This game is now in its third week and as I am unsure how the scoring sytem works, I have no idea if it will end any time soon.

The remaining five walking abortions are happily rummaging through several bags of rubbish and items of furniture that someone has so thoughtfully dumped beside the wheelie bins. One of them has found a saw and is setting about a discarded chair like a beaver on speed. I fear that it's only a matter of time before they turn their limited attention to the bottle of calor gas that is lying on its side between the two bins. If they could be relied on to only blow their own arms and legs off then I would happily leave them to it. I would even go so far as to lend them the matches

Unfortunately they are far more likely to blow up half the street with them and I've just finished decorating the kitchen. What I suggest is this - after replying to this e-mail with worthless assurances that the matter is being looked into and will be dealt with, why not leave it until the one night of the year (probably bath night) when there are no mutants around, then drive up the street in a panda car before doing a three point turn and disappearing again.

This will of course serve no other purpose than to remind us of what policemen actually look like. I trust that when I take a clawhammer to the skull of one of these throwbacks you'll do me the same courtesy of giving me a four month head start before coming to arrest me?
I remain sir, your obedient servant> ?????????
Mr ??????,

Reply...

I have read your e-mail and understand your frustration at the problems caused by youths playing in the area and the problems you have encountered in trying to contact the police.

As the Community Beat Officer for your street, I would like to extend an offer of discussing the matter fully with you. Should you wish to discuss the matter, please provide contact details (address / telephone number) and when may be suitable. Regards
PC ??? ????????????? Community Beat Officer

Dear PC ?????

First of all, I would like to thank you for the speedy response to my original e-mail. 16 hours and 38 minutes must be a personal record for Leith Police station and rest assured that I will forward these details to Norris McWhirter for inclusion in his next book.

Secondly, I was delighted to hear that our street has its own community beat officer. May I be the first to congratulate you on your covert skills. In the five or so years that I have lived in West Cromwell Street, I have never seen you. Do you hide up a tree or have you gone deep undercover and infiltrated the gang itself? Are you the one with the acne and the moustache on his forehead or the one with a chin like a wash hand basin? It's surely only a matter of time before you are headhunted by MI5.

Whilst I realise that there may be far more serious crimes taking place in Leith such as smoking in a public place or being Muslim without due care and attention, is it too much to ask for a policeman to explain (using words of no more than two syllables at a time) to these ***** that they might want to play their strange football game elsewhere? The pitch behind the Citadel or the one at DKs are both within spitting distance, as is the bottom of the Albert Dock

Should you wish to discuss these matters further you should feel free to contact me on ??? ????. If after 25 minutes I have still failed to answer, I'll buy you a large one in the Compass Bar.

Regards ???????

P.S If you think that this is sarcasm, think yourself lucky that you don't work for the cleansing department.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-11-2007, 08:30   #2
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Unashamedly copied from another forum - The Leith Police dismisseth us

I have just found someone more sarcastic than myself.
Old 14-11-2007, 08:56   #3
Resident Waffler

I thought it sounded a lot like our Acrylic-bob.

My favourite bit is:

Quote:
Whilst I realise that there may be far more serious crimes taking place in Leith such as smoking in a public place or being Muslim without due care and attention

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2007, 09:32   #4

What a good read, I enjoyed that
Old 14-11-2007, 09:50   #5

Thanx Willow..........You have just put a big silly grin on my face, I enjoyed every word..........and it can happen anywhere ( usually round here)
Old 14-11-2007, 10:14   #6
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
My favourite bit is:
I liked that bit as well
Old 14-11-2007, 11:06   #7
white rabbits

This country is just a farse,,,,,,
Old 14-11-2007, 12:25   #8
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret View Post
Why?

If that person was really concerned about the possibility of the gas bottle exploding s/he should have dialled 999 if the other line was busy.
Old 14-11-2007, 12:45   #9
Full Member+

Saints and Sinners Bingo Champion!
Bezerk Champion!

As I'm writing this e-mail there are eleven failed medical experiments (I think you call them youths

That is my favourite bit.
MITZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2007, 12:59   #10
God Member

I find the whole thing hilarious
Old 14-11-2007, 13:13   #11
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret View Post
I have changed my mind granny, you are right.
Old 14-11-2007, 13:20   #12
Senior Member+

well done willow im glad you admitted taking it from
another forum or our own pc brigade would have been shouting plagarist great reading

like i've never been gone
beechy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..