Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2003, 08:15   #16
Forum Admin

Post Re: We Shouldn't have survived

"I remember when....." section does sound like a good idea. Let me look into reorganising the forums and seeing where it can fit in.
Accrington Web
Old 04-08-2003, 09:39   #17

the kids dont know what living is , broken window abuse drugs
es alkipops, no work washing up hover?now if it does not have sounds murder sex stealing from old people they dont call it fun
tommey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 09:54   #18
Caz
God Member

Can't tar everyone with the same brush though Tommey!
It is always a minority (although it may not seem that way) who cause the problems.

Don't forget that todays "yobs" are a product of a previous generation of parents. Today's society hasn't materialised overnight.

I have six children between 13 and 31 who class themselves as normal, decent human beings, and hate it when people make stock judgements about themselves and their peers.

Maybe the powers that be, instead of putting so much effort into sending hooligans on foriegn holidays etc, should start doing some research into where society started to go wrong, with a view to putting things right. Otherwise I imagine the problem is only going to escalate in the future.

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 10:27   #19
BB
Junior Member+

[quote author=cazzer link=board=anything;num=1059662079;start=0#17 date=08/04/03 at 10:54:51]Can't tar everyone with the same brush though Tommey!
It is always a minority (although it may not seem that way) who cause the problems.

Don't forget that todays "yobs" are a product of a previous generation of parents. Today's society hasn't materialised overnight.

I have six children between 13 and 31 who class themselves as normal, decent human beings, and hate it when people make stock judgements about themselves and their peers.

Maybe the powers that be, instead of putting so much effort into sending hooligans on foriegn holidays etc, should start doing some research into where society started to go wrong, with a view to putting things right. Otherwise I imagine the problem is only going to escalate in the future.[/quote]

well said cazzer!!! couldn't have put it better myself!!

Would applaud that but can't till Ive got 5 posts. Ayone want to do it for me?
BB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 12:11   #20
Caz
God Member

[quote author=littlemo link=board=anything;num=1059662079;start=0#13 date=07/31/03 at 21:31:01]I remember when there was a big car park in Accy and woolies had 2 ways to get in and out[/quote]

Who remembers when Woollies was on Blackburn Rd? (MacDonalds building)

Used to get an "I Spy" book there every week with my spends.

- Oscar Wilde
Old 04-08-2003, 12:56   #21
Resting in Peace

i used to get thoughs as well good books kept me quiet for ages
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 13:00   #22
Caz
God Member

[quote author=mick link=board=anything;num=1059662079;start=0#20 date=08/04/03 at 13:56:14]i used to get thoughs as well good books kept me quiet for ages [/quote]
Mick?? Quite?? eheh! ;D ;D ;D

- Oscar Wilde
Old 04-08-2003, 13:01   #23
Resting in Peace

yes i was only 8 or 9 at the time
Old 04-08-2003, 18:54   #24
Resting in Peace

Is it pick on mick week this week ;D
Old 05-08-2003, 09:51   #25
Jo

I remember when we used to pop tar bubbles on the back when it was hot and collect used ice lolly sticks for the jokes on 'em. That can't have been too healthy either, right? :P
Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 10:51   #26
I am Banned

[quote author=tommey link=board=anything;num=1059662079;start=0#16 date=08/04/03 at 10:39:55]the kids dont know what living is , broken window abuse drugs
es alkipops, no work washing up hover?now if it does not have sounds murder sex stealing from old people they dont call it fun[/quote]

Very narrow minded!!

You a parent Tommey? How have yours turned out? Or your grandchildren

Royboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 18:07   #27
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

[quote author=Jo link=board=anything;num=1059662079;start=0#24 date=08/05/03 at 10:51:27]I remember when we used to pop tar bubbles on the back when it was hot and collect used ice lolly sticks for the jokes on 'em. That can't have been too healthy either, right? :P[/quote]

I still pop tar bubbles, the street off Blackburn Rd (opposite Myrtle House) has loads of them in summer. When me and my colleague have finished doing the clinic at Myrtle on Monday afternoons we go up there to our cars popping tar bubbles on the way.  Look out for us!!! [smiley=4u.gif]

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 14:27   #28
Senior Member+

cazzer, do you remember band box, record shop across from market hall in the sixties used to buy my records there.
Old 08-09-2003, 07:24   #29
Senior Member+

we are a lot harder and more inventive, becaause we had to occupy ourselves.No computers, PS2's and the likes then.We were forced to use our minds and well as you can see.We did pretty well i think.Nowadays its all handed down on a plate.
Old 13-09-2003, 12:26   #30
Senior Member+

[quote author=Chris7464 link=board=anything;num=1059662079;start=0#14 date=07/31/03 at 21:40:50]
Yeah the car park was where the Arndale Centre is now and the other way out of Woolies is a frozen food store (can't remember what it is called though).[/quote]

Could it be Farmland

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..