Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2003, 18:53   #1
Resting in Peace

Post WHAT DO YOU THINK OF DRUGS ???

Well what do you think of them
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-09-2003, 20:29   #2
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Post Re: WHAT DO YOU THINK OF DRUGS ???

My work caseload contains the highest number of drug users in the whole health district and sadly it is in Hyndburn and being a midwife they are all also pregnant, many of them are teenagers. They have often become involved with a 'bad crowd' and most street drugs are highly addictive, so it soon becomes a habit. Because of the cost of feeding their habit, they turn to crime or prostitution to get the money and it is a vicious circle. Methadone programmes are available, but they are often persuaded to sell the methadone and buy something else with it. It is difficult to get on programmes, as they have to be really motivated to do it. We do manage to persuade a few when pregnant and arrange it. Private clinics have a decent success rate, but are more than most families can afford
I have known a few of our patients that have gone through a programme and are now clean, but as anyone who has ever given up the fags will empathise, giving up drugs is much harder, more side effects from withdrawal and a lot of people find the craving unbearable and suffer from real physical pain.
It is also very sad to see a baby of an addicted mother suffering these very effects

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 20:47   #3
Accy Goddess

What are we talking here? Hard drugs, like Lsd, Heron Etc. Or just Dugs in genral. Anything even food can be addictive. Drugs that should be illegal. Drugs like tobacco, Cannibis and drink.
Coz in my humble oppinion The demon drink is far more harmful than Cannibis.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 21:37   #4
I am Banned

I think the more people who use them then the more widespread they become and of course the more widespread they become then the more chance children have of getting them.

As a responsible parent I am against drugs for the above reason.

Anyone for drugs is in effect advocating that people break the laws of the land.

HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 21:48   #5
Accy Goddess

Your right Harry we must protect our children from the Drug pushers.
These people MUST BE STOPPED and they want to concentrait on bringing these people to justice.
Nothing can be likened to the people with no morals pushing there wares.
Old 09-09-2003, 08:27   #6
Resting in Peace

As with everything els there is a different class of drug
ie canabis class c and heroin class a
canabis is going to be legalised shortly
so when it is is it ok to use it harryx
its good for pain releaf to
so if you had ms and it was the only thing to releave the pain but it was still ilegal are you saying you would suffer rather than brake the law ???
Old 09-09-2003, 08:46   #7
I am Banned

whoooooooosh it amazes me how many people are missing the point..

Of course I would take it.. I have never said drugs are bad for you.. I have never said I wouldnt take them...

I would take it... But it would be WRONG because its illegal..

Apart from get my crayons out and draw a picture I dont see how I can get this accross to everyone... My ONLY point is.. Drugs should not be taken because they are illegal..

A lot of things are illegal.. I have still done them in the past.. But i shouldnt have because its wrong..

Now mick
Your either saying its OK to break the law or you agree its wrong to take drugs because there illegal.. if the latter then your on my side.. if the former then your on a public accrington forum encouraging people to break the law and take drugs.. specificly in a cafe in accrington with there mates chilling out as the original question states..... which s it?
Old 09-09-2003, 20:12   #8
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I would use cannabis as a form of pain relief and the studies previously done have indicated that it is very effective. The current study in Blackpool won't be publishing results for quite some time yet, as this type of research takes years. Also heroin, in it's purest form (diamorphine) used regularly as pain relief in hospitals is a lot safer than paracetamol which can be bought over the counter and at any supermarket.
Street heroin is often impure, as it is mixed with various substances to make it go further. Most of my caseload have been pushed into drug use by peer pressure or pushers, that hang around outside junior schools these days. Crack cocaine and Amphetamine are also very popular now. I totally agree with Harry, and worry about the futures of the children in my family, who are only babies at present, but the problem of street drug use is escalating and the pushers and users are getting younger
I think cannabis will eventually be licensed as a prescription only medcine and have the same stringent control in hospitals as Diamorphine and other opiates, temazepam is also a controlled drug these days, as addicts crush it, mix it with water and inject!!!!!

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 20:18   #9
I am Banned

I had  Temazepam many years ago when I lived in Preston.. I got offered money for them I didn't stay on them long.. Horrible stuff.. Tegretol for a few years but no one wanted them off me.. I don't like taking tablets for long periods TBH and have come to the conclusion that the cure is worse than the problem (As my epilepsy is only at night and comes and goes)

Old 09-09-2003, 20:41   #10
Resting in Peace

I do agree with you harry drugs are illegal and should NOT be taken in any form
the only ones i take are the ones for my heart .
this unfortunatly is a long term thing at least till i have a bypass then will be on warfrin the rest of my life.
Old 09-09-2003, 22:48   #11
Accy Goddess

I have been on a lot of different anti depressants/sleeping tablets over the years and I have had to take my self off them. Some of the side affects especially Librium have some terrible side affects and I felt as if I was brain Dead.
Exept for the haveing a smoke i have been getting on top of things and have not needed drug therapy for a number of years now.
The effects of street drugs. Eg.Heroin, Extacy, Crack Cocaine are horrendous.
The monsters, that distribute there wares to vunerable children want dealing with in the severest way possible. The law enforcers of our country should be spending there time concentraiting on bringing these people to justice. Not harassing the humble cannabis smoker.
Old 09-09-2003, 23:02   #12
I am Banned

Quote:
Not harassing the humble cannabis smoker.
I can hear the violins from here
Old 09-09-2003, 23:04   #13
Accy Goddess

I'm Glad to hear it.............. ;D ;D ;D
Old 14-09-2003, 12:14   #14
Senior Member+

Sorry Harryx but i just cannot get over this its ILLEGAL , LEGAL  stuff.
When all said and done if it helps people they are going to do it.LEGALIZE prostitution because other countries have done it.Make it legal and keep the pervies off the streets and make a lot of tax on the way.After all it is illegal but it is gonna be done anyway.
Old 14-09-2003, 14:22   #15
I am Banned

No need to apologise for what you think.. your allowed an opinion.. As soon as you realise I am also allowed one then everyhting will be OK.. Its opinions.. No need to try and make out yours are fact eh

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..