Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Accrington Jobs
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Jobs Situations Vacant & Wanted/Further education/Career Advice Advertise job vacancies. Let people know you are looking for a position. Advertise your skills. Give or ask for info on Further Education. Which are good firms to work for?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-11-2005, 20:13   #16
I am Band

Thumbs up Re: Anyone know a good electrician?

I may be of some use. As my name suggests, I am a Sparkologist. Unfortunately I am working in Reims, France, at the mo', so I cannot help you directly. I can however give you the name and number of a top quality electrician, who does house wiring as well as more complex industrial wiring. I am happy to vouch for the quality & standard of his work.
If you still need your home electrics checking, send me a PM and I will give you the relevant details.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-02-2008, 18:08   #17

Smile Re: Anyone know a good electrician?

Lights going "pop"--what a pain! This site has a list of good electrical contractors by area:
Electrical Contractors in Contra Costa County CA » The Prime Buyer's Report

I can't personally recommend a good one, but I recommend the site because it offers info on each one listed to help choose the best electrical contractor for your needs. Hope it helps!
cat lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2008, 18:15   #18
Resting in Peace

Re: Anyone know a good electrician?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat lover View Post
Lights going "pop"--what a pain! This site has a list of good electrical contractors by area:
Electrical Contractors in Contra Costa County CA » The Prime Buyer's Report

I can't personally recommend a good one, but I recommend the site because it offers info on each one listed to help choose the best electrical contractor for your needs. Hope it helps!
Aaah bless Cat Lover.. welcome to our family.

This thread is quite old if you look... Still presume the link is still useful and will give you some of our precious karma for a good effort....
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2008, 18:47   #19
God Member

If you don't have any luck gayle, let me know and I will pm you the sparkies number from where I work, he has his own business but does all our electrical work.
Old 26-02-2008, 18:48   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Aaah bless Cat Lover.. welcome to our family.

This thread is quite old if you look... Still presume the link is still useful and will give you some of our precious karma for a good effort....
you been on the "PoP" kate? those electricians are in the states,i just looked cos i,m after one.
Old 26-02-2008, 19:43   #21
I am Banned

hiya i cant reccomend who to get but can reccommend who not to get

do not at any cost hire cmb electricals -craig baynes -we had rewire done still awaiting certificate two years plus later
didnt bond(earth) any of the pipes and i didnt realize that this had to be done until about 6months later -after all i not an electrician - he said he would do it but only at extra cost
he kept leaving the job and couldnt be trusted to carry on with the job if we went out.
just dont go there !!! i dont think he is actually qualified - the regulatory body he said he was registered with hadnt even heard of him - ever
just dont go there
keetah992000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2008, 19:53   #22
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Its easy to say you are registered. I bet some people even make up fake ID cards and certificates, its isn't difficult to make a good looking ID with some registration number on it. I have the credit card sized plastic pouches and laminator here if anyone wants one
Old 26-02-2008, 20:15   #23
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
you been on the "PoP" kate? those electricians are in the states,i just looked cos i,m after one.
Well, that made me look a numpty didn't it. Didn't actually go into the link Cashy as not looking for an electrician at the mo. Just spammy stuff then ?..Well unless anyone is good at putting in garden lights .. the good post ones that is, oh, and has a ladder that can change a security light bulb, oh, and put me a pretty light outside me front door ... .
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2008, 22:01   #24
God Member

[quote=keetah992000;537324]hiya i cant reccomend who to get but can reccommend who not to get

Another I would avoid is Northern Lights in Great Harwood, used to do all our electrical work, he started to be unreliable, then we found out he was doing plumbing too, now advertising heating and is not corgi registered, though professes to use corgi engineers, it took them six weeks to complete a rewire, the boss went on holiday for 2 weeks and left an apprentice to do the work, when it was done, the problem which was apparently the reason for rewiring was still a problem.
Old 27-02-2008, 18:35   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Its easy to say you are registered. I bet some people even make up fake ID cards and certificates, its isn't difficult to make a good looking ID with some registration number on it. I have the credit card sized plastic pouches and laminator here if anyone wants one
Any chance of adding two years on my age
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2008, 19:05   #26
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelson View Post
Any chance of adding two years on my age
no problem, i would need your card though to copy
Old 28-02-2008, 17:22   #27
Senior Member+

You could look here if you have not already found an electrical contractor.
ECA Website

Any one can rewire a house if they know what they are doing, they just need one of these
"A Competent Person for Part P of the Building Regulations" for the testing and certification of the installation

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..