Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26118Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-08-2012, 20:05   #1816
Resting In Peace

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Confess ???? Confess !!! I'm not expecting you to run off & do 10 Hail Marys, 5 Our & Fathers & lob a 20 in the Sinners box on your way out after reading my narratives.

They are tales of enlightenment, to be perused & enjoyed, I'm not the inquisition you know, or one of them Jehovah lot, you won't catch me knocking on your door asking impertinent questions.
Oh thank goodness for that, I can get up off me knees now...
Old 14-08-2012, 21:19   #1817
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
I can see why you like El puertito - reminds me a bit of Ravenglass in Cumbria which I always think of as a (charming) rundown fishing village.

When you live in a place like Ocean Tropical it must be easy to think of other places as run down... have been looking at it on the property pages! I like the little Moorish houses!

A lovely place for a holiday but I wouldn't want to live somewhere where the temperature rarely goes below 18 degrees and growing cacti in my garden does not appeal!
My thoughts entirely -woud hate to live in a place which doesn't have the seasons. It's great to be able to go there on holiday though!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2012, 07:38   #1818
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
My thoughts entirely -woud hate to live in a place which doesn't have the seasons.
Me also, i would be lost anywhere without a football season.
Old 15-08-2012, 13:58   #1819
God Member

More shots of Tenerife...A selection of shots in different places:
1 A cool corner in Armeněme
2 1000 yr old Dragon Tree in Icod del Los Vignos (note person by white wall to left for scale!)
3 An old door in Icod
4 Weird trees in the square in Icod -like i imagine Ents to be!
5 Strange succulent plant in the mountains - like giant asparagus.
6 Huge flowers
7 Aloe vera and succulents in El Puertito
8 Balconies in Icod
9 Anchovies (and a nice-looking fisherman!) San Juan harbour
10 El Puertito again -note little house under the rocks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cool corner.jpg (46.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN3937.jpg (50.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Old door.jpg (31.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Ents! Icod del Los Vignos.jpg (44.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Giant asparagus!.jpg (36.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Flowers.jpg (31.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Aloe vera and succulents.jpg (55.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Balconies.jpg (47.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Anchovies.jpg (42.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg House in the rocks.jpg (44.0 KB, 8 views)

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 15-08-2012, 16:43   #1820
Resting In Peace

More from the Lancaster canal on Monday, this is the other side of the A6 bridge, away from the basin in Monday's pics, quieter and more vegetation - and ducks! Why do we like snapping ducks so much? Then back to the car parked in the old mill complex where Richard's firm has an office.

1 Hogweed but jury's out as to whether it's a honeybee or hoverfly - can't see any pollen on back legs which would defo indicate a honeybee
2 As 1 - nearly went in the canal with this one as the bank sloped away from under my foot!
3 Apartments on the canal, and ducks - I like the reflections in the water
4 This used to be the name of a hairstyle - duck disappearing into an opening in the side of the canal
5 Follow my leader - only one's not playing...
6 Ducks and grass
7 Oh bollards! Could be alien offspring from something in the alcohol/thread. Be afraid, be very afraid!
8 Ornate brackets on a fire escape
9 Didn't know walls could have nipples - the end of a retaining rod holding the walls in
10 I know this one's blurred - but I rather like the effect. Yarrow on the park wall, taken from the car on the way home to Morecambe. Normally when I don't have my camera the car stops at this point for the traffic lights. Today of course - we sped past..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P8130050 (400x300).jpg (128.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg P8130054 (400x300).jpg (120.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg P8130056 (290x400).jpg (110.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg P8130060 (400x300).jpg (99.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg P8130058 (400x300).jpg (87.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg P8130062 (400x300).jpg (108.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg P8130065 (300x400).jpg (105.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg P8130066 (400x300).jpg (109.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg P8130074 (300x400).jpg (107.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg P8130075 (400x222).jpg (92.7 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by susie123; 15-08-2012 at 16:46.
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2012, 19:16   #1821
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
More shots of Tenerife...A selection of shots in different places:
1 A cool corner in Armeněme
2 1000 yr old Dragon Tree in Icod del Los Vignos (note person by white wall to left for scale!)
3 An old door in Icod
4 Weird trees in the square in Icod -like i imagine Ents to be!
5 Strange succulent plant in the mountains - like giant asparagus.
6 Huge flowers
7 Aloe vera and succulents in El Puertito
8 Balconies in Icod
9 Anchovies (and a nice-looking fisherman!) San Juan harbour
10 El Puertito again -note little house under the rocks.
Some of this looks very familiar to me, the Dragon Tree, I visited it myself donkeys years ago on the way through to Loro Park.

The Asparagus thingy, is actually the flower spike from the Agave, its called the Century Plant as thats how long it takes to flower , then it dies.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2012, 19:24   #1822
Senior Member+

Quote:
More from the Lancaster canal on Monday, this is the other side of the A6 bridge, away from the basin in Monday's pics, quieter and more vegetation - and ducks! Why do we like snapping ducks so much? Then back to the car parked in the old mill complex where Richard's firm has an office.

1 Hogweed but jury's out as to whether it's a honeybee or hoverfly - can't see any pollen on back legs which would defo indicate a honeybee
2 As 1 - nearly went in the canal with this one as the bank sloped away from under my foot!
3 Apartments on the canal, and ducks - I like the reflections in the water
4 This used to be the name of a hairstyle - duck disappearing into an opening in the side of the canal
5 Follow my leader - only one's not playing...
6 Ducks and grass
7 Oh bollards! Could be alien offspring from something in the alcohol/thread. Be afraid, be very afraid!
8 Ornate brackets on a fire escape
9 Didn't know walls could have nipples - the end of a retaining rod holding the walls in
10 I know this one's blurred - but I rather like the effect. Yarrow on the park wall, taken from the car on the way home to Morecambe. Normally when I don't have my camera the car stops at this point for the traffic lights. Today of course - we sped past..

I know what you are saying with regard to ducks, at the start of the Duckling season I took hundreds, but I think the proximity to water is the same as well. I tend to be drawn to walks with canals, or streams, and rivers, failing that, a running tap.
Old 15-08-2012, 19:25   #1823
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
The Asparagus thingy, is actually the flower spike from the Agave, its called the Century Plant as thats how long it takes to flower , then it dies.
Thanks for nailing that for me Dave, that was my thought too, though I've never seen one actually at that stage.
Old 15-08-2012, 19:29   #1824
Resting In Peace

Quote:
I know what you are saying with regard to ducks, at the start of the Duckling season I took hundreds, but I think the proximity to water is the same as well. I tend to be drawn to walks with canals, or streams, and rivers, failing that, a running tap.
Perhaps that's why I get some good pics from my loo window!

Was frustrated this morning, went in there about 5am, saw some lovely colours in the sky, though I must get the camera, waited till I had done the necessary, by which time the colours had faded - no I was only a minute or two, honest, sorry if too much information! so no need to get the camera, straight back to sleep instead.
Old 15-08-2012, 19:32   #1825
Senior Member+

Today in Pictures was a bit fragmented as "Dads Taxi" was required.

1. Quick walk on the canal to get the day started.
2. Then after taxi duty it was a walk around Cutwood Park, and the reservoir beyond, Purple Loosestrife growing on the banks of the Res.
3. Walking the perimeter of the Res.
4. The wind was picking up at this point.
5. Heading back to the car as "The Big Shop" beckoned
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0711.JPG (444.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0718.JPG (421.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0724.JPG (447.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0729.JPG (499.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0734.JPG (497.0 KB, 9 views)
Old 15-08-2012, 19:37   #1826
Senior Member+

Quote:
Thanks for nailing that for me Dave, that was my thought too, though I've never seen one actually at that stage.
They are very impressive in full flower, the spike is tall and treelike.

Quote:
Perhaps that's why I get some good pics from my loo window!

Was frustrated this morning, went in there about 5am, saw some lovely colours in the sky, though I must get the camera, waited till I had done the necessary, by which time the colours had faded - no I was only a minute or two, honest, sorry if too much information! so no need to get the camera, straight back to sleep instead.
Thats a mental picture that will stay with me for a while, you should always have your camera, even in bed, you never know what will crop up, thats why pyjamas have a top pocket, even my nightie has one.
Old 15-08-2012, 19:38   #1827
Resting In Peace

I like Bob's windswept look - and the black paws - and the loosestrife picture is just stunning...
Old 15-08-2012, 19:44   #1828
Resting In Peace

Quote:
They are very impressive in full flower, the spike is tall and treelike.
No, I've seen lots like that, in this country, I think, couldn't tell you where though - I meant I've not seen one at the "asparagus" stage - at least, not without flowering ones around to tell me what it is. It was really just a guess, trying to imagine that spike with flowers on.

Quote:
Thats a mental picture that will stay with me for a while, you should always have your camera, even in bed, you never know what will crop up, thats why pyjamas have a top pocket, even my nightie has one.
No, my PJs are pocketless, perhaps that's cos they're not really PJs but a hiking base layer top and bottoms. Perhaps I should keep my old camera in the loo, for emergencies? I do keep my camera in the bedroom, which is opposite the loo, so not far to go really...
Old 15-08-2012, 19:46   #1829
Senior Member+

Quote:
I like Bob's windswept look - and the black paws - and the loosestrife picture is just stunning...
It was very windy during that walk, It messed up my quif, and taking flowers in the wind is a bit frustrating, they blow out of the way when you click.
The black paws also came with a wet underside and a wet posterior, he was walking along the edge of the Res, it slopes away, and his rear took a dip, he doesn't swim just paddles
Old 16-08-2012, 12:21   #1830
God Member

Not really a fan of zoos as such but went to The Jungle park in Tenerife to see the flying display last year -worth seeing. Here are a few pics of the animals and birds. The lion scared me to death as it had an incredibly loud roar!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg American Eagle.jpg (47.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Chimp.jpg (29.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Flying bird.jpg (25.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Vulture.jpg (37.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Leopard.jpg (40.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Orangutang.jpg (45.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Lion.jpg (34.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Prairie dog.jpg (46.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Peacock.jpg (43.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg White tiger.jpg (52.9 KB, 7 views)

~ D. H. Lawrence

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..