Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26118Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2012, 16:06   #2221
Resting In Peace

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Does anyone know what this is?
Could be someon'es manky moggy but I'm guessing not! Do you know what it is?

Any idea of size? Is it European?
Old 05-09-2012, 16:17   #2222
Resting In Peace

Quote:
1) Me with airpistol.
2) Winter scene by me.
3) Me looking at LS Lowry.
I see you have posted a pic of the cemetery chapel just off Bolingbroke Grove if I'm not mistaken. Is that your local area? I used to live just off Nightingale Lane in the mid seventies, just about the time you were doing your punk thing in Accy! Worked for a housing association in Balham and we had lots of properties in the Battersea/Wandsworth area.
Old 05-09-2012, 19:54   #2223
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Could be someon'es manky moggy but I'm guessing not! Do you know what it is?

Any idea of size? Is it European?
It's not a cat, I thought it was a pine martin but the claws look too small? Nor is it a ferret or polecat as the legs are too long? Not sure Sue?
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 20:00   #2224
Senior Member+

Quote:
I see you have posted a pic of the cemetery chapel just off Bolingbroke Grove if I'm not mistaken. Is that your local area? I used to live just off Nightingale Lane in the mid seventies, just about the time you were doing your punk thing in Accy! Worked for a housing association in Balham and we had lots of properties in the Battersea/Wandsworth area.
That's right Sue you are so right - good memory. It's not my local area really but I know it as I used to work down there. Did you used to drink in the Nightingale?
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 20:17   #2225
Resting In Peace

Quote:
That's right Sue you are so right - good memory. It's not my local area really but I know it as I used to work down there. Did you used to drink in the Nightingale?
Oh yes it was my local - I lived near the Clapham Common end of Endlesham Road and the pub was on the next corner. Happy Days!

Had to check up on that photo on Google images but I noticed you had put Wandsworth in the title!
Old 06-09-2012, 12:50   #2226
Senior Member+

cant get out this week , so posting some from a few weeks ago, sawley circular walk

1 sword in the stone, something to do with the Beat herder festival
2 i like the raindrops
3 railway bridge, dont see many grassy bridges
4 a field
5 noisy sheep
6 another field
7 a bridge, lol sawley bridge over the ribble taken from spread eagle view
8 a tree eating a fence
9 a rare forward facing, self portrait, but im not on a hill, so its ok
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1898.jpg (15.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1899.jpg (12.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1909.jpg (17.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1870.jpg (21.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1935.jpg (23.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg _MG_1937.jpg (25.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1864.jpg (26.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1929.jpg (37.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1932.jpg (24.7 KB, 14 views)
churchfcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 14:04   #2227
Resting In Peace

Quote:
It's not a cat, I thought it was a pine martin but the claws look too small? Nor is it a ferret or polecat as the legs are too long? Not sure Sue?
Yes I'd looked at pine marten/ferret/polecat and come to the same conclusions. So a mystery beast then!

Sorry didn't see your post on this subject till just now. While I was looking for an answer I came across this lovely beast which looks like two different animals stuck together!

Marbled polecat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 06-09-2012, 15:02   #2228
Resting In Peace

Some more windows and doors today and a few pics which while loosely related to the theme were prompted by a BBC news article.

1 Beamish brewery, Cork
2 Christian Brothers school for poor children, Sullivan's Quay on the River Lee, Cork
3 Georgian window, Cork
4 Windows and doors, old warehouse, Liverpool
5 I was prompted to include the next shots by a BBC news article about the research station at Ny Alesund, Spitsbergen, Norway. I have posed some shots from here previously on this thread.
BBC News - So remote, it could pass for Mars
We stopped there while on a cruise in July 2010. This photo show Richard posing with a copy of our local mag which was running a holiday photos competition where you had to have a copy of the mag in the photo and prove where you had been. He was on the landing stage outside this building with the details on. We didn't win!
6 These are the lions outside the door of the Chinese building, as mentioned in the BBC article
7 The North Pole hotel
8 Windows, doors and steps - the Polar Research Institute
9 Nothing but windows - but not sure there's anything growing in there!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2007_0830Image0053 (400x243).jpg (106.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 2007_0830Image0061 (400x300).jpg (112.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 2007_0830Image0068 (400x300).jpg (100.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 2008_07250137 (300x400).jpg (103.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 2010_0709Image0037 (300x400).jpg (81.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 2010_0709Image0041 (300x400).jpg (45.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 2010_0709Image0046 (400x300).jpg (77.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 2010_0709Image0054 (400x300).jpg (52.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 2010_0709Image0057 (400x300).jpg (93.6 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by susie123; 06-09-2012 at 15:05.
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 18:58   #2229
Senior Member+

Quote:
Some more windows and doors today and a few pics which while loosely related to the theme were prompted by a BBC news article.

1 Beamish brewery, Cork
2 Christian Brothers school for poor children, Sullivan's Quay on the River Lee, Cork
3 Georgian window, Cork
4 Windows and doors, old warehouse, Liverpool
5 I was prompted to include the next shots by a BBC news article about the research station at Ny Alesund, Spitsbergen, Norway. I have posed some shots from here previously on this thread.
BBC News - So remote, it could pass for Mars
We stopped there while on a cruise in July 2010. This photo show Richard posing with a copy of our local mag which was running a holiday photos competition where you had to have a copy of the mag in the photo and prove where you had been. He was on the landing stage outside this building with the details on. We didn't win!
6 These are the lions outside the door of the Chinese building, as mentioned in the BBC article
7 The North Pole hotel
8 Windows, doors and steps - the Polar Research Institute
9 Nothing but windows - but not sure there's anything growing in there!
is one mock tudor, or ist it, and if it is do they not have listed buildings in ireland?
Old 06-09-2012, 19:35   #2230
Senior Member+

Today in Pictures, at 100 miles an hour.

1. A brown Hawker Dragonfly.
2. You don't think they will be so dominant until they are up, this is from the canal just short of Riley's Swing Bridge.
3. Thistle seeds now old enough to leave home, and set up a family of their own.
4. A Marmalade Hoverfly, on a Field Bindweed.
5. Common Darter Dragonflies in the process of mating and laying eggs, this was a difficult shot due to their speed, check out the wings, almost invisible.
6. From the junction at Church, just short of the Dunkenhalgh Way. There was something a bit out of sync here. A gridlocked junction and the installation of wind turbines !
7. This is the caterpillar of the Lime Hawk Moth.

You can say what you like about this thread, but you learn some stuff, get taken around the world, and get to see whats right under your nose. This is Dave Mac for News at Ten handing you back to the studio.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF2812.JPG (389.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2816.JPG (430.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2824.JPG (496.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2832.JPG (463.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2859.JPG (387.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2865.JPG (463.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2867.JPG (409.3 KB, 7 views)
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 19:40   #2231
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
Today in Pictures, at 100 miles an hour.

1. A brown Hawker Dragonfly.
2. You don't think they will be so dominant until they are up, this is from the canal just short of Riley's Swing Bridge.
3. Thistle seeds now old enough to leave home, and set up a family of their own.
4. A Marmalade Hoverfly, on a Field Bindweed.
5. Common Darter Dragonflies in the process of mating and laying eggs, this was a difficult shot due to their speed, check out the wings, almost invisible.
6. From the junction at Church, just short of the Dunkenhalgh Way. There was something a bit out of sync here. A gridlocked junction and the installation of wind turbines !
7. This is the caterpillar of the Lime Hawk Moth.

You can say what you like about this thread, but you learn some stuff, get taken around the world, and get to see whats right under your nose. This is Dave Mac for News at Ten handing you back to the studio.
no 4 liking it
no 6 not far from my humble abode there dave, one of the many gridlocked areas of accrington, and wait till express gifts letting out time in November
Old 06-09-2012, 19:50   #2232
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchfcrules View Post
no 4 liking it
no 6 not far from my humble abode there dave, one of the many gridlocked areas of accrington, and wait till express gifts letting out time in November
This particular jam was down to the gas main renewal, but the junction is always a pain.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 20:12   #2233
Resting In Peace

Quote:
is one mock tudor, or ist it, and if it is do they not have listed buildings in ireland?
If you mean the brewery, it's mock Tudor not real Tudor and was built in 1895. It's a protected structure, equivalent in Ireland of a listed building.
Old 06-09-2012, 20:13   #2234
Senior Member+

Quote:
If you mean the brewery, it's mock Tudor not real Tudor and was built in 1895. It's a protected structure, equivalent in Ireland of a listed building.
its just how the others are"stuck" on the side
Old 06-09-2012, 20:29   #2235
Resting In Peace

Quote:
its just how the others are"stuck" on the side
Think they are all of the same period, it's just the design. Brewery sadly closed in 2009, don't know the current state of play but probably sold for residential development.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..