Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26118Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-09-2012, 22:07   #2476
Senior Member+

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Perhaps we should just run back through this thread and pick out the best - there are enough to choose from!
I think it has to be someone not connected with this thread, so an honest selection can be made. Plus they can do all the hard work as well.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-09-2012, 22:10   #2477
Senior Member+

[quote=susie123;1017326]No wonder it takes you a long time to view this thread! Was I right about the face in the lodge window?

you were, but the face has no body, we must now wait for the person who took the picture (Gremlin ) to explain what was happening when he took it.
Old 18-09-2012, 22:32   #2478
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
I think it has to be someone not connected with this thread, so an honest selection can be made. Plus they can do all the hard work as well.
Well we're singing from the same hymn sheet there Dave!
Old 19-09-2012, 16:13   #2479
Resting In Peace

OK today the last of my towers (do I hear a sigh of relief all round?). very touristy today, sorry...

1 Palazzo Vecchio, Florence
2 Campanile (bell tower) of the Duomo (cathedral), Florence. Completed 1359, decorated with polychrome marble panels
3 You can go up the campanile but we went up the dome of the Duomo next door, which is slightly higher. This is the view from up there
4-6 Don't need to tell you where this is!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2009_09200094 (347x400).jpg (110.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 2009_09200034 (300x400).jpg (102.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 2009_09200072 (300x400).jpg (134.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 2009_09200138 (300x400).jpg (89.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 2009_09200142 (300x400).jpg (95.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 2009_09200149 (300x400).jpg (101.5 KB, 2 views)
Old 19-09-2012, 17:44   #2480
Resting In Peace

I'm allowed four more pics today so here are some clouds I took from the window about 4pm today. Rain on the way!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P9190002 (400x293).jpg (69.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg P9190009 (300x400).jpg (76.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg P9190010 (300x400).jpg (77.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg P9190011 (400x332).jpg (81.3 KB, 4 views)
Old 19-09-2012, 18:32   #2481
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=davemac;1017335]
Quote:
No wonder it takes you a long time to view this thread! Was I right about the face in the lodge window?

you were, but the face has no body, we must now wait for the person who took the picture (Gremlin ) to explain what was happening when he took it.
Well Dave I have studied the original photo and enlarged it but I cannot see the face without body behind the patio doors.

Can you crop it and just show the piece you mean?

Could it be the ghost of one of the workmen who died when the place was a gravel pit. Certainly not, ghosts don't exist in my mind.
Old 19-09-2012, 18:42   #2482
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=Gremlin;1017542]
Quote:

Well Dave I have studied the original photo and enlarged it but I cannot see the face without body behind the patio doors.

Can you crop it and just show the piece you mean?

Could it be the ghost of one of the workmen who died when the place was a gravel pit. Certainly not, ghosts don't exist in my mind.
does he mean the top left quarter, its like a giant bust, dont think on same scale, or have i got it wrong
churchfcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2012, 19:03   #2483
Senior Member+

Well I still can't make it out, must be his vivid imagination.
There is an ornament on a shelf half way up close to the left side edge. Could it be the reflection of a seagull of bird? I give up.

I am hoping to go there again soon so I will have a real good look around.

You are welcome to one of my allocation, take two if you want.
Old 19-09-2012, 19:21   #2484
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
Well I still can't make it out, must be his vivid imagination.
There is an ornament on a shelf half way up close to the left side edge. Could it be the reflection of a seagull of bird? I give up.

I am hoping to go there again soon so I will have a real good look around.

You are welcome to one of my allocation, take two if you want.
Look at the first picture you posted in post 2451. There is a lamp post with a few rocks behind it on the edge of the path, then the lake. Now look at the close up pic I posted. You can see the reflection of the bottom of the lamp post, then next to it is a round shape on the right. That is one of the rocks which Dave is interpreting as the top of a head, and below it on the grass is a vaguer round shape makig up the bottom of the head. The "eyes" are a whitish splodge on the bottom LH of the rock where it meets the grass.

Gosh I must have a lot of time on my hands to work all this out! At least there's no ghost (not that I believe in them...)
Old 19-09-2012, 19:42   #2485
Senior Member+

Right, I will believe you all, it must be the Stella Artois which is affecting my eye sight tonight.

Let's see if you can find anything unusual in the next batch of photos I took last week.

The first four or my kind of photos, mechanical muck.
Next a picture taken at Grange over Sands (more like grass) taken from a distance.
then another shot from the Lodge, a nosy and noisy duck thing which kept tapping on the patio doors, once my wife fed it it brought all it's mates.
Finally the last bit of sunset, I will leave it at eight cos I allowed Susie to have two of mine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_2357.jpg (589.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_2347.jpg (516.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_2329.jpg (517.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_2327.jpg (486.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg CSC_2424.jpg (553.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_2062.jpg (531.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_2091.jpg (533.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_2142.jpg (397.8 KB, 7 views)
Old 19-09-2012, 19:58   #2486
Senior Member+

I know I am harping on about the face, but I dont think you are seeing the same face that I am seeing, the eyes are actualy blue and the right eye (as you look at it) is just below the left hand corner of the table top seen in the patio window. The rock and grass dont form part of the picture I can see, if you look at it again you have to tell me if I should go into my darkened room for a while.
Old 19-09-2012, 20:14   #2487
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
Right, I will believe you all, it must be the Stella Artois which is affecting my eye sight tonight.

Let's see if you can find anything unusual in the next batch of photos I took last week.

The first four or my kind of photos, mechanical muck.
Next a picture taken at Grange over Sands (more like grass) taken from a distance.
then another shot from the Lodge, a nosy and noisy duck thing which kept tapping on the patio doors, once my wife fed it it brought all it's mates.
Finally the last bit of sunset, I will leave it at eight cos I allowed Susie to have two of mine.
Russell you could have had another one, I didn't post any more! We were at Grange the other week, it's a shame how the beach has all trned to grss because the river changed its channel, but it's a nice photo of the Promenade.

Think your "nosy and noisy duck thing" is a Canada Goose, sounds like typical behaviour for that species, pity Kestrel's not here to put us straight!
Old 19-09-2012, 20:14   #2488
Senior Member+

Quote:
I know I am harping on about the face, but I dont think you are seeing the same face that I am seeing, the eyes are actualy blue and the right eye (as you look at it) is just below the left hand corner of the table top seen in the patio window. The rock and grass dont form part of the picture I can see, if you look at it again you have to tell me if I should go into my darkened room for a while.
so thats 3 of us that can see different faces!!!! says a lot that
churchfcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2012, 20:16   #2489
Senior Member+

Quote:
OK today the last of my towers (do I hear a sigh of relief all round?). very touristy today, sorry...

1 Palazzo Vecchio, Florence
2 Campanile (bell tower) of the Duomo (cathedral), Florence. Completed 1359, decorated with polychrome marble panels
3 You can go up the campanile but we went up the dome of the Duomo next door, which is slightly higher. This is the view from up there
4-6 Don't need to tell you where this is!
the view in number 3 is a spanking shot of the tower. I think you went to the wrong tower in number 6, its not leaning .............(I know, I'm silly)
Old 19-09-2012, 20:17   #2490
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchfcrules View Post
so thats 3 of us that can see different faces!!!! says a lot that
It does, two of you are wrong.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..