Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26118Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-09-2012, 20:24   #2491
Senior Member+

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
Right, I will believe you all, it must be the Stella Artois which is affecting my eye sight tonight.

Let's see if you can find anything unusual in the next batch of photos I took last week.

The first four or my kind of photos, mechanical muck.
Next a picture taken at Grange over Sands (more like grass) taken from a distance.
then another shot from the Lodge, a nosy and noisy duck thing which kept tapping on the patio doors, once my wife fed it it brought all it's mates.
Finally the last bit of sunset, I will leave it at eight cos I allowed Susie to have two of mine.
Nice mix of pictures there,the first picture, I've seen that box on the telly, Dr. Who called it out when his TARDIS broke down, just off Alpha Centauri...........nurse.... I'm out of bed again.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-09-2012, 20:33   #2492
Senior Member+

Today in Pictures, sunglasses to galoshes

1. It was a nice day on the canal with a smell of Autumn.
2. Quick as a flash it was belting down.
3. It was raining bubbles.
4. The ivy has started to flower.
5. Looking across to Pendle Hill the clouds had moved over.
6. I was walking back up Burnley road to go home, and my Fungi Monitor activated, it gave three green and two red lights, so had to investigate.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF3855.JPG (395.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3856.JPG (424.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3861.JPG (404.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3871.JPG (481.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3874.JPG (446.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3886.JPG (404.6 KB, 5 views)
Old 19-09-2012, 20:35   #2493
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
No I can see the one you mean now, it's smaller than the other one, just to the left of the chair back and looking to the right.

I've taken up Gremlin's last picture allocation and tried to delineate the two faces without obliterating them too much. The yellow dots are the one dave saw and the orange dots (which don't go into the other face cos I didn't want to spoil it) are the head I saw, lower down.
You can have the rest of my allocation (4) as you have found the face
Old 19-09-2012, 20:42   #2494
Senior Member+

look at the red dots 7 oclock is the top of another one
churchfcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2012, 20:44   #2495
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
You can have the rest of my allocation (4) as you have found the face
Well think I have cracked it this time... Look again at pic 1 in post 2451. The two blue eyes are reflections in a puddle in the path, surrounded by a round shape which is the shadow of the top of the lamp post, if you look there is a stalk coming out of the bottom of the round shape which leads back to the bottom of the lamp post, with a bend in it where it hits the flagstone round the base of the lamp post.

And I thought I had better things to do tonight!
Old 19-09-2012, 20:47   #2496
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchfcrules View Post
so thats 3 of us that can see different faces!!!! says a lot that
Yeah says we shouldn't be let loose on Accyweb! We'll be seeing Jesus in pieces of toast next!
Old 19-09-2012, 20:52   #2497
Resting In Peace

Quote:
the view in number 3 is a spanking shot of the tower. I think you went to the wrong tower in number 6, its not leaning .............(I know, I'm silly)
Yeah I love that picture - don't think there any candle widgets on that tower though! Took a lot of puff to get me up that dome but it was worth it - I could do two days worth of posts of the views from up there... maybe one day when I run out of pics...

Your shots today - I love the raindrops - and the furry fungus - and I took lots of shots of ivy flowers on the canal in Lancaster yesterday!
Old 19-09-2012, 20:57   #2498
Senior Member+

Quote:
You are right there are three faces superimposed over each other, could we have found the ghosts of the Beverly Sisters?
Old 19-09-2012, 21:05   #2499
Resting In Peace

Quote:
What red dots? You mean the drawer handles?
Old 19-09-2012, 21:09   #2500
Senior Member+

Quote:
Yeah I love that picture - don't think there any candle widgets on that tower though! Took a lot of puff to get me up that dome but it was worth it - I could do two days worth of posts of the views from up there... maybe one day when I run out of pics...

Your shots today - I love the raindrops - and the furry fungus - and I took lots of shots of ivy flowers on the canal in Lancaster yesterday!
I did check for widgets, but today you posted widget free. You made the right choice of towers to ascend, the tower in view is impressive as its a downward view, not often seen that way.
You must have an impressive back catalogue, something I don't have, when shooting with film it was to expensive to play with shots, so tended to take more family snaps, and I gave most of those away as well.
Now though, I have turned into a photo monster, and a bit weird, although I might have been weird before, but now I have a reason.
Old 19-09-2012, 21:19   #2501
Resting In Peace

Quote:
I did check for widgets, but today you posted widget free. You made the right choice of towers to ascend, the tower in view is impressive as its a downward view, not often seen that way.
You must have an impressive back catalogue, something I don't have, when shooting with film it was to expensive to play with shots, so tended to take more family snaps, and I gave most of those away as well.
Now though, I have turned into a photo monster, and a bit weird, although I might have been weird before, but now I have a reason.
Well mine only go back as far as 2007, though I have some prints before then. I think it's just that we've been on quite a few trips since then - only been able to afford it since we moved north and bought a cheaper house!

Wikipedia has the same picture - with rather better definition...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giotto%27s_Campanile

Last edited by susie123; 19-09-2012 at 21:22.
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2012, 21:23   #2502
Senior Member+

Quote:
Yeah says we shouldn't be let loose on Accyweb! We'll be seeing Jesus in pieces of toast next!
I once saw Charlie Cairoli in Blackpool Tower!
Old 19-09-2012, 21:41   #2503
Resting In Peace

Talking Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
I once saw Charlie Cairoli in Blackpool Tower!
That's going back a bit - so did I - must have been about seven!
Old 19-09-2012, 21:46   #2504
Senior Member+

Quote:
That's going back a bit - so did I - must have been about seven!
I think I saw you there, I was the guy in a white suite with black pompoms up the front, with a white cone hat on
Old 19-09-2012, 22:04   #2505
Resting In Peace

Quote:
I think I saw you there, I was the guy in a white suite with black pompoms up the front, with a white cone hat on
Hello Paul!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..