Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26118Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-12-2012, 12:54   #3196
God Member

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
Lovely shots, what a spanking view through the window, you probably don't notice it as you see it all the time, but those arches are very photogenic.
You may be right Dave -it's the view I have when I'm at the computer so I see it a lot

The old part of the farm is an amazing structure it dates back to 1760 and is all red brick. There are some older date stones inside some of the out-buildings apparently which have "16-something" on them but I've never seen them - they re-used some brick from an earlier construction which used to be across the other side of the road. Some parts are very weathered but as a whole it's in good condition. It all used to be walled in too but now only the front courtyard is, all the other external walls have gone but some old underground meat safes were found last year when they were excavating for new electric cables to be put in -amazing things, like little underground rooms all beautifully faced in brick. There was a lot of cobbling around too with large pebbles from local riverbeds but a lot of that has gone over the last few years with various work being done for the new barn..

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-12-2012, 13:11   #3197
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
see what I mean...?
Dianne...I hope you like them. Courtesy of Photoscape again.
Lovely Margaret -you see things with a different eye -love the use of "In the bleak midwinter..."!
I think I'll pinch your idea and use them as E-cards for my friends. Thanks!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 14-12-2012, 13:45   #3198
Beacon of light

You are welcome Dianne...glad you liked them
You could always keep copies and get truly personal cards(what could be more personal that your own picture of a snowy scene where you live?) printed up for next Christmas...that is really planning ahead.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2012, 14:12   #3199
Resting In Peace

Quote:
You are welcome Dianne...glad you liked them
You could always keep copies and get truly personal cards(what could be more personal that your own picture of a snowy scene where you live?) printed up for next Christmas...that is really planning ahead.
Don't know if you remember the pic of the three wise men mosaic from Ravenna that I posted earlier in the year - that is our Christmas card for this year.

Inside I put a photo of the church with a caption but had to edit out the road markings on the pic first!

Man in Panama just for you Dianne!

There was an interesting programme about the Ravenna churches and mosaics on BBC4 recently showing how the Dark Ages weren't really dark.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wise men.JPG (392.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Church with writing (814x1024) (509x640).jpg (260.1 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by susie123; 14-12-2012 at 14:15.
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2012, 14:43   #3200
Beacon of light

I like the idea of personal photo's being used for greetings cards.
It means so much more than ones that are mass produced...you can put your own message inside the card.
Old 14-12-2012, 14:53   #3201
God Member

Quote:
I like the idea of personal photo's being used for greetings cards.
It means so much more than ones that are mass produced...you can put your own message inside the card.
Yes, it is a great idea -Sue's three wise men is beautiful.

I am pleased to say that my own cards have been printed and I received 10 today from the owner of our farm. They are like post 3146 on this thread -a great prompt from Margaret and my first time in print!

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 14-12-2012, 14:56   #3202
Beacon of light

I have just been playing around a litle more with Photoscape.....same pictures with a little more embellisment
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Christmas card 3.jpg (130.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Christmas card 4.jpg (88.4 KB, 14 views)
mobertol and davemac like this.
Old 14-12-2012, 17:20   #3203
God Member

Quote:
I have just been playing around a litle more with Photoscape.....same pictures with a little more embellisment
It has to be the first one now -love the festive border and it eally makes the photo look good! Thanks.

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 14-12-2012, 19:01   #3204
Beacon of light

I like the second one too.....it is an understated embellishment.
Old 15-12-2012, 06:02   #3205
Resting in Peace

Can i just make you all aware of copyright laws
the site will not host copyright material and members posting copyright material could be banned for posting it.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2012, 06:28   #3206
Beacon of light

Mick, just a little question....have we posted anything that could be construed as copyrighted?......if we have can you please point it out and remove it.
Old 15-12-2012, 06:53   #3207
Resting in Peace

Not that i know of its just a remimder
Old 15-12-2012, 07:34   #3208
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Can i just make you all aware of copyright laws
the site will not host copyright material and members posting copyright material could be banned for posting it.
I worried when I saw this post too - it's the Catholic up-bringing - you immediately feel guilty even if you've done nothing wrong!

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 15-12-2012, 07:59   #3209
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
I worried when I saw this post too - it's the Catholic up-bringing - you immediately feel guilty even if you've done nothing wrong!
Or a guilty conscience
mobertol likes this.
Old 15-12-2012, 12:44   #3210
Beacon of light

Me too......mine is the influence of a catholic upbringing,(I'm not catholic, but my mother is) where you are presumed guilty until you can prove your innocence beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..