Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26118Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-04-2014, 09:36   #7276
Senior Member+

Re: Today in pictures

busy bee in the garden

DSCF2938.jpgDSCF2939.jpgDSCF2941.jpgDSCF2943.jpgDSCF2945.jpgDSCF2950.JPGDSCF2949.JPG

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-04-2014, 10:33   #7277
Beacon of light

Today I have been up to see Ma.
In the backyard is a Magnolia tree that I bought my dad for his birthday some 25 years ago.
He watched it grow for 2 years then he died. It never flowered while he was alive.
The Magnolia flowered on the first anniversary of his death...and had just one blossom on it.
I took this picture today. It is now a magnificent tree...and every time I see it in full bloom I think of my dad.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF6706.jpg (473.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF6704.jpg (530.6 KB, 10 views)
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2014, 12:00   #7278

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
Today in Pictures, One of those walks that was a pleasant experience, and was over too soon.

1. On the way down to Castle Clough, Hapton Quarry in the distance, the stream that flows off the quarry ends up flowing through the clough.
2. The top end of the Clough, that's the dry bit over, the next bit is water all the way.
3. The sun is shining through the new leaves.
4. So time to play at balancing stones.
5. The sun shining through Anemones.
6. Wild Garlic (Ransomes) just budding up, but smell very strong when you walk close to them.
7. Some signs of putting the water to use, but what, I have no idea.
8. Wood Sorrel, a nice flower when you get down and look, often overlooked.
9. An unfurling fern frond basking in the sun.
10. Almost out of the clough, a bridge walked over without noticing it.

A separate item about karma, I don't check it as often as I should and have just checked, and noticed a few people have submitted karma to myself, apologise for not responding to the persons who posted in a timely fashion, so a thank you to all who gave me the Karma. I must try harder.
Some real beauties here, davemac. I remember the smell of the wild garlic from my childhood ramblings.
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2014, 12:04   #7279

What a difference a day makes... we're back into winter wonderland here! It's not unusual for us to have an April snowstorm, but hopefully its effects won't last too long. Here's today's shot of my little blue flower (yes, I think it is scilla, thank you davemac).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Snow flower.jpg (277.9 KB, 6 views)
Old 15-04-2014, 14:04   #7280
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
Today in Pictures, One of those walks that was a pleasant experience, and was over too soon.

1. On the way down to Castle Clough, Hapton Quarry in the distance, the stream that flows off the quarry ends up flowing through the clough.
2. The top end of the Clough, that's the dry bit over, the next bit is water all the way.
3. The sun is shining through the new leaves.
4. So time to play at balancing stones.
5. The sun shining through Anemones.
6. Wild Garlic (Ransomes) just budding up, but smell very strong when you walk close to them.
7. Some signs of putting the water to use, but what, I have no idea.
8. Wood Sorrel, a nice flower when you get down and look, often overlooked.
9. An unfurling fern frond basking in the sun.
10. Almost out of the clough, a bridge walked over without noticing it.

A separate item about karma, I don't check it as often as I should and have just checked, and noticed a few people have submitted karma to myself, apologise for not responding to the persons who posted in a timely fashion, so a thank you to all who gave me the Karma. I must try harder.
A few genuine wows in there - 3 & 4 plus the closeups of flowers and the fern.
I keep wanting to give Karma but it doesn't let me most of the time as it's mainly for this thread and the posters are only so many...

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2014, 14:05   #7281
God Member

Nice to see some little glimpses of a really blue sky behind the flowers.
Accyexplorer likes this.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 15-04-2014, 14:07   #7282
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Today I have been up to see Ma.
In the backyard is a Magnolia tree that I bought my dad for his birthday some 25 years ago.
He watched it grow for 2 years then he died. It never flowered while he was alive.
The Magnolia flowered on the first anniversary of his death...and had just one blossom on it.
I took this picture today. It is now a magnificent tree...and every time I see it in full bloom I think of my dad.
The Magnolia is really beautiful and it's also got a lovely delicate perfume. Gorgeous blue skies too.
Glad you have something to remind you of your father which will always put a smile on your face -the best way to remember a love one.

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 15-04-2014, 14:09   #7283
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
What a difference a day makes... we're back into winter wonderland here! It's not unusual for us to have an April snowstorm, but hopefully its effects won't last too long. Here's today's shot of my little blue flower (yes, I think it is scilla, thank you davemac).
Very delicate flakes there on that pretty flower - what a change in the weather. We get the same here some years and have been known to have snow in April off the Alps. As you say though - it won't last long now the temperatures are on the up.
Turtle likes this.

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 15-04-2014, 16:47   #7284
Senior Member+

Took a walk along the canal. Not much time for pics since rushing to docs
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1397580010905.jpg (271.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1397580041538.jpg (316.9 KB, 12 views)
Old 15-04-2014, 18:27   #7285
Beacon of light

The pictures are lovely Rob...and what a great day for it.
Blue skies forever.......it really lifts my spirits.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2014, 18:55   #7286
Senior Member+

Quote:
Some real beauties here, davemac. I remember the smell of the wild garlic from my childhood ramblings.
I remember last years crop of Ransoms, bob found a patch and kept running through the leaves for quite a few minutes, he stunk like garlic sauce for weeks.
mobertol and Turtle like this.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2014, 18:58   #7287
Senior Member+

Quote:
You right about that, flowers just poking out, then snow, how can you plan a picnic under those conditions.
mobertol and Turtle like this.
Old 15-04-2014, 19:02   #7288
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
A few genuine wows in there - 3 & 4 plus the closeups of flowers and the fern.
I keep wanting to give Karma but it doesn't let me most of the time as it's mainly for this thread and the posters are only so many...
Glad you like my output, it was more like playtime yesterday, if you are stuck for a photo, just pile some stones up. Bob wanted me to throw them in the water for him, so I had to throw one, then place one, throw another then balance another, you get the idea.

P.S. don't worry about the karma, the "like" system has more or less replaced it.
mobertol likes this.
Old 15-04-2014, 19:13   #7289
Senior Member+

Just a few from our walkies today
1.jpg2.JPG3.JPG4.jpg5.JPG6.JPG7.JPG8.jpg9.JPG10.JPG
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2014, 20:09   #7290

Great capture of the heron (?) in number 9
mobertol and Accyexplorer like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..