Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26118Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-05-2014, 23:44   #7951

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
Today in Pictures, Spring Woods was busy today, families enjoying the warmth and sun.

1.I have been waiting for this, very common but until you get your eye in difficult to spot.
2. Common Spotted Orchid, flowers through June and July, the only place it doesn't grow is the Scottish Highlands.
3. There are dark clouds over there.
4. Looking over the top of Whalley.
5. Still over the top of Whalley, with a view of Longridge Fell.
6. Now the Bluebell, Ramsons, and other spring bulbs have finished, the only colour at the moment comes from Rhododendrons.
7. A thread of colour drifts into the green.
8. Sheep drifting across the plains.
9. Another burst of colour.
10. A herd of British Fighting cows being trained at a secret location.
Considering the area was busy, you managed to take shots that avoided busy-ness. Nice views of a lovely day
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-06-2014, 08:35   #7952
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
Love the thrush in last pic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie R View Post
Check this out Frank.It looks like a juvenile Blackbird.

The RSPB: Blackbird
Think you're right Steve - nice bit of twitching
Stevie R likes this.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:42   #7953
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
Today in Pictures, Spring Woods was busy today, families enjoying the warmth and sun.

1.I have been waiting for this, very common but until you get your eye in difficult to spot.
2. Common Spotted Orchid, flowers through June and July, the only place it doesn't grow is the Scottish Highlands.
3. There are dark clouds over there.
4. Looking over the top of Whalley.
5. Still over the top of Whalley, with a view of Longridge Fell.
6. Now the Bluebell, Ramsons, and other spring bulbs have finished, the only colour at the moment comes from Rhododendrons.
7. A thread of colour drifts into the green.
8. Sheep drifting across the plains.
9. Another burst of colour.
10. A herd of British Fighting cows being trained at a secret location.
Just a month since I did that walk with you Dave - I expect this month's walk was a bit quieter as you weren't being nattered to death How it's changed in that short time - nice that I can recognise where you've taken the photos!
I don't remember the fighting cows -perhaps they were still undercover and in training - glad you kept your distance though...

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 01-06-2014, 09:39   #7954
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
Considering the area was busy, you managed to take shots that avoided busy-ness. Nice views of a lovely day
It was busy in waves as families walked through, then there was a window of opportunity until the next wave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Just a month since I did that walk with you Dave - I expect this month's walk was a bit quieter as you weren't being nattered to death How it's changed in that short time - nice that I can recognise where you've taken the photos!
I don't remember the fighting cows -perhaps they were still undercover and in training - glad you kept your distance though...
I wasn't alone on this trip either, a lifelong friend rang to say he was free for a walk, and he brought his sons puppy along, so there we were, two people and three dogs. The first photos were a challenge, as I crouched down to take the photo the dogs thought I was playing and were running in front, through my legs and around me, so it was anything but sedentary.
However, since you last saw the woods it has filled out with leaves on the trees, the ferns have replaced the Bluebells, the birds are in the trees. The fighting cows, when we were there, you wouldn't have seen them as they were taking stealth lessons, so we should be afraid, very afraid.
mobertol and Turtle like this.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 13:19   #7955
God Member

Went into Cremona yesterday evening to see some of this year's literature/music festival, "Le Corde dell'anima". (The Chords of the soul). It was very busy and saw Roddy Doyle talking about his latest book "The Guts" (very entertaining) -he was accompanied by an excellent young Italian band called "The Street Clerks".
After him was a real character, an Italian writer called Mauro Corona who writes about the mountains/nature and man's disrespect for it. He lives in a valley which witnessed a terrible disaster due to the building of a dam which failed, on the night of October 9th, 1963, wiping out an entire village and more than 100 people in minutes. I remember this date particularly as I was coming into the world just then -born in the early hours of the next day...
A few other shots of Cremona centre show how the festival fits into the old buildings which are a wonderful backdrop to the event. More of these tomorrow...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN9954.jpg (153.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN9956.jpg (166.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN9957.jpg (181.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN9962.jpg (153.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN9964.jpg (169.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN9973.jpg (152.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0013.jpg (477.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0002.jpg (348.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0016.jpg (147.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0017.jpg (147.2 KB, 9 views)

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 01-06-2014, 13:27   #7956
Beacon of light

Lovely pictures, full of atmosphere...people and beautiful buildings.
I love the red tower against the hazy blue of the sky.
Dianne, I felt like I was there.
mobertol likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 16:03   #7957

I agree with Margaret - your photos capture the atmosphere of the town and the event beautifully!
mobertol likes this.
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 17:20   #7958
Senior Member+

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg
My missus has been to the garden centre today and has fiiled her pots with bedding plants. Nos 4 and 5 are moving droplets for Dave
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 17:20   #7959
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Lovely pictures, full of atmosphere...people and beautiful buildings.
I love the red tower against the hazy blue of the sky.
Dianne, I felt like I was there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
I agree with Margaret - your photos capture the atmosphere of the town and the event beautifully!
Thank-you! Will post a few more tomorrow - it's a really good event - this was the 5th edition I think and it's growing in importance and popularity. It's also all free to the public which is quite something these days.

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 01-06-2014, 18:44   #7960
Beacon of light

I would just love to be let loose to snap all those beautiful buildings.....with sunshine on them!
mobertol likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 19:24   #7961
Senior Member+

A few from what is turning into a regular walk for us, canal (although we`ll have to avoid the farmers fields now after being told off today), woodlands then back along the river.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00609.jpg (438.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00610.jpg (493.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00626-2.jpg (476.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00636.jpg (454.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00647.jpg (481.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Untitled_Panorama1.jpg (487.5 KB, 8 views)
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 19:53   #7962
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
A few from what is turning into a regular walk for us, canal (although we`ll have to avoid the farmers fields now after being told off today), woodlands then back along the river.
You been a naughty boy?
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 20:16   #7963
Senior Member+

Quote:
You been a naughty boy?
Only by walking through his fields.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 20:36   #7964
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Went into Cremona yesterday evening to see some of this year's literature/music festival, "Le Corde dell'anima". (The Chords of the soul). It was very busy and saw Roddy Doyle talking about his latest book "The Guts" (very entertaining) -he was accompanied by an excellent young Italian band called "The Street Clerks".
After him was a real character, an Italian writer called Mauro Corona who writes about the mountains/nature and man's disrespect for it. He lives in a valley which witnessed a terrible disaster due to the building of a dam which failed, on the night of October 9th, 1963, wiping out an entire village and more than 100 people in minutes. I remember this date particularly as I was coming into the world just then -born in the early hours of the next day...
A few other shots of Cremona centre show how the festival fits into the old buildings which are a wonderful backdrop to the event. More of these tomorrow...
Those buildings are just champion, and that tower, is that a clock or is it more than that.
mobertol likes this.
Old 01-06-2014, 20:44   #7965
Senior Member+

Quote:
Attachment 40986Attachment 40987Attachment 40988Attachment 40989Attachment 40990
My missus has been to the garden centre today and has fiiled her pots with bedding plants. Nos 4 and 5 are moving droplets for Dave
If you keep up the droplet photos you are going to have to borrow my dubbin, I have a tin of brown I haven't used much.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..