Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26118Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2014, 20:03   #8386

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Just had a bit of a catch up - what a lovely feel the parades had both in Accy and in Canada (number 2 is my favourite of yours Turtle ) What a great selection of photos from all - a feast for the eyes.
I've just sorted out some more from my day out on Sunday - a visit inside the basement of the old hospital/Geology museum in Castel Arquato which is an art gallery run by a slightly dotty but very friendly sculptor. All the sculptures are his and he displays and sells paintings for young artists. There's a photo of him with a couple of other visitors by his sculpture 'The Lovers' and he features in another portrait which was done of him when younger, displayed in a corner with an old stone which bears the town emblem. The central mahoganny sulpture is called "The Dive" and is really clever - he is self taught and I took a photo of something he's working on at the moment in a corner. The basement has amazing vaults and dates back to the 1400's - it still contains some old display cases from the museum of fossilized shells found on the plains where I now live which used to be covered by the sea 10,00 years ago. I also like the small piece of sculpture in number 9 which is called 'Raccoglimento' - translates to something like meditation/introspection...I sould have asked how much it cost!
Interesting work! I can see why you like the piece in number 9, Diane. It has a more universal appeal, and is a bit more manageable in size for one's home. A talented artist for sure.

Hmmm... Yes, the fireman in my Canada Day parade. They were a highlight - what else can I say? Hah hah
mobertol likes this.
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-07-2014, 21:30   #8387
Senior Member+

A few from this evening (I thought my luck was in and saw an owl)

1 & 2. Mum-to-be from the comp a few weeks ago is now a mum.
3-5. A red stream with red trees (Blythes chemicals to blame for this?)
6. Looking over the fields.
7. Long tailed tit?
8. The common pot owl.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00019.jpg (498.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00021.jpg (366.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00028.jpg (483.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00029.jpg (440.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00030.jpg (485.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00033.jpg (379.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00037.jpg (449.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00049.jpg (473.1 KB, 20 views)
shillelagh, Eric, mobertol and 6 others like this.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 21:38   #8388
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Just had a bit of a catch up - what a lovely feel the parades had both in Accy and in Canada (number 2 is my favourite of yours Turtle ) What a great selection of photos from all - a feast for the eyes.
I've just sorted out some more from my day out on Sunday - a visit inside the basement of the old hospital/Geology museum in Castel Arquato which is an art gallery run by a slightly dotty but very friendly sculptor. All the sculptures are his and he displays and sells paintings for young artists. There's a photo of him with a couple of other visitors by his sculpture 'The Lovers' and he features in another portrait which was done of him when younger, displayed in a corner with an old stone which bears the town emblem. The central mahoganny sulpture is called "The Dive" and is really clever - he is self taught and I took a photo of something he's working on at the moment in a corner. The basement has amazing vaults and dates back to the 1400's - it still contains some old display cases from the museum of fossilized shells found on the plains where I now live which used to be covered by the sea 10,00 years ago. I also like the small piece of sculpture in number 9 which is called 'Raccoglimento' - translates to something like meditation/introspection...I sould have asked how much it cost!
Nice collection of photos, I have to say my eyes were drawn to the ceiling, a sculpture in itself.
mobertol likes this.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 21:45   #8389
Senior Member+

Today in Pictures, time is marching on, so without individual identification, Memorial Park, Gt. Harwood.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _1170419.jpg (106.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg _1170423.JPG (397.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg _1170431.JPG (491.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg _1170435.jpg (111.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg _1170455.JPG (463.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg _1170462.JPG (444.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg _1170472.jpg (89.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg _1170474.jpg (95.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg _1170498.JPG (439.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg _1170500.JPG (494.4 KB, 11 views)
shillelagh, Eric, mobertol and 5 others like this.
Old 03-07-2014, 22:29   #8390

I never get tired of seeing those views, davemac
davemac likes this.
Old 03-07-2014, 22:30   #8391

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post

7. Long tailed tit?
8. The common pot owl.
That's an amazing capture of the owl
Old 03-07-2014, 22:37   #8392
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
That's an amazing capture of the owl
I`ll see a real one one day. (in captivity doesn`t count)
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 23:01   #8393
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
I never get tired of seeing those views, davemac
They change with the seasons.
Old 03-07-2014, 23:29   #8394

Fell for that hook line and sinker!
Old 04-07-2014, 07:30   #8395
Senior Member+

Should have gone to Specsavers.
Turtle and gpick24 like this.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:54   #8396

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
Should have gone to Specsavers.
Yes, or at least I'd better stop viewing photos on my tiny cell phone screen (that's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it hah hah)
Old 04-07-2014, 13:37   #8397
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post

7. Long tailed tit?
8. The common pot owl.
Love that owl -it has huge eyes. We have lots of Little owls round here.

Lol! Just read on -I fell for it too - viewing on the laptop as well. No excuse -except I'm blind as a bat
Turtle likes this.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence

Last edited by mobertol; 04-07-2014 at 13:46.
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 13:40   #8398
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
Nice collection of photos, I have to say my eyes were drawn to the ceiling, a sculpture in itself.
It's a beautiful structure and a great place to display things, I loved it. It's known as the "Grottos of Santo Spirito"
davemac likes this.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 04-07-2014, 13:43   #8399
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
Today in Pictures, time is marching on, so without individual identification, Memorial Park, Gt. Harwood.
Lovely walk - I especially like numbers 4, 8 and 10. You can't better the planting around the memorial in the park - British gardening is so distinctive. The Oaks are lovely now they're fully in leaf.
davemac likes this.

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 04-07-2014, 13:57   #8400
God Member

Back to Sunday and food and wine! Aperitif in a nice bar (Pic 2) after leaving theold village through one of it old arched gates and then the lovely Restaurant and typical local food we had in a nearby valley.
Menu: Local cured meats and home-made pickled veg with fritata and a basket of Torta Fritta (Pizza douch - roll thin and cut into squares then fry until golden and puffed up -very more-ish!)
Tortelli stuffed with Spinach and ricotta served with sage butter- mouth-watering.
Boned, stuffed guinea fowl
Home produced Gutturnio (red wine) from their own vinyards in the valley.

Recommended by a friend -I'd definitely go back to eat there again and it was a gorgoeus area. Rolling hills and sunflower fields but unfortunately mid-afternoon when we'd finished eating it was raining - just means I'll have to go back to take more photos of the countryside!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0607.jpg (435.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0625.jpg (345.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0637.jpg (507.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0632.jpg (407.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0635.jpg (399.0 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0627.jpg (381.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0628.jpg (386.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0629.jpg (380.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0630.jpg (431.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0631.jpg (428.6 KB, 9 views)

~ D. H. Lawrence

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..