Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26122Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-07-2014, 13:04   #8581
Senior Member+

Re: Today in pictures

Lightroom mainly for me now. I used to think along the same lines as Gremlin, but had my mind changed a while back after reading an article on the subject. If I can find it I`ll put up a link (not trying to change anyones mind about it, it was an interesting article and worth a read if you`re interested).
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-07-2014, 13:41   #8582
Beacon of light

I used to think that manipulating images was 'cheating' making a picture into something it wasn't.
But I do enjoy making a picture different to the original.
It takes nothing at all from the beauty or validity of that picture.....it just creates something which is based on the original.....and my creation is going to be original to me because it is the way only I would create it.

My dear old dad was a photographer of the old school, but he did some manipulating of his own.....he superimposed images onto different backgrounds....he coloured photo's when there were only monochrome pictures.
I often wonder what he would make of digital photography and the editing that is now possible.
mobertol likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2014, 13:46   #8583
Senior Member+

Here`s one similar to the one I read before, it was a bit more detailed but I can`t find that one -

Post processing digital images - right or wrong?
Old 15-07-2014, 14:02   #8584
Beacon of light

Interesting article....and yes, I remember helping my dad in his darkroom and he would check the developing images and he would leave some in the developer longer, before putting them in the 'fixer'....I was only about ten years old at the time and did not fully understand the process.
mobertol likes this.
Old 15-07-2014, 14:07   #8585
Senior Member+

The bit I found most interesting was the fact that almost all images have had post processing applied by the camera before you even see the picture you`ve took.
But the camera software doesn`t always get it right, you know the image you saw, not the camera. The camera can only guess what is right from the information it has received from the sensor.
That was the reason for me starting to process my images myself rather than letting the camera do it.
Accyexplorer likes this.
Old 15-07-2014, 14:41   #8586
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
Here's that pic of the wind swept tree, I went for the old oil painting look.the app is called 'pics art' not "pic art"
Attachment 42513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
It's what takes your fancy but personally I don't like photos which have been doctored ; too far over the top.
I know what you mean Gremlin and I "do" very little to mine except a bit of cropping and sometimes reducing changeing the light/contrast. I have the Photoscape application which Dave and Margaret put me onto but I'm not very good with it. Have never sat down and tried to get to grips with it properly and it probably needs updating too.

I liked the colour effect on A-ex's windswept tree but the oil-painting crazing is perhaps a bit much. I would like to see it in simple B&W really!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2014, 14:49   #8587
Beacon of light

I wouldn't update your Photoscape Dianne, there is very little new that is in it...you just need to have a play with the version you have.

I have been a bit naughty and I have copied AccyExplorers picture of the tree.....I have cropped it and changed it to just Monochrome.
I have confessed and I have promised to send the image to Accyexplorer so that he can have it for his archives and if he wants to let you see it he can post it on here.....the choice is up to him.
mobertol and Accyexplorer like this.
Old 15-07-2014, 14:52   #8588
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I wouldn't update your Photoscape Dianne, there is very little new that is in it...you just need to have a play with the version you have.

I have been a bit naughty and I have copied AccyExplorers picture of the tree.....I have cropped it and changed it to just Monochrome.
I have confessed and I have promised to send the image to Accyexplorer so that he can have it for his archives and if he wants to let you see it he can post it on here.....the choice is up to him.
Lol!!!! You just couldn't resist
Accyexplorer likes this.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2014, 14:52   #8589
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post

I would like to see it in simple B&W really!
Yes I thought it was just me with those thoughts. It isn't that I don't like the picture....I am not fond of the 'crazing'......I think it distracts from what is a beautiful image.
Old 15-07-2014, 14:54   #8590
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Lol!!!! You just couldn't resist
I am so transparent.

I had the image in my head......it is such a lovely shot of the tree.
Old 15-07-2014, 14:58   #8591
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
The bit I found most interesting was the fact that almost all images have had post processing applied by the camera before you even see the picture you`ve took.
But the camera software doesn`t always get it right, you know the image you saw, not the camera. The camera can only guess what is right from the information it has received from the sensor.
That was the reason for me starting to process my images myself rather than letting the camera do it.
I knew that JPEG images had been 'fettled' by the camera, and RAW images need to be dealt with by the appropriate software, but hadn't really thought of this as manipulation...more as a conversion exercise, but when you look at it it very similar.
Three of my cameras will take RAW images, but I have never bothered with using this format, considering it to be a bit of a fag.
Old 15-07-2014, 16:03   #8592
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
Lightroom mainly for me now. I used to think along the same lines as Gremlin, but had my mind changed a while back after reading an article on the subject. If I can find it I`ll put up a link (not trying to change anyones mind about it, it was an interesting article and worth a read if you`re interested).
I use lightroom as well
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2014, 16:06   #8593
Senior Member+

2-00728.jpg2-00731.jpg2-00732.jpg2-00733.jpg2-00734.jpg2-00737.jpg2-00738.jpg2-00741.jpg
Just a stroll around Entwistle Res today. Would suit Gremlin as it is flat and just acroos the road from the car park.You can walk as little or as far as you want.
shillelagh, Eric, mobertol and 6 others like this.
Old 15-07-2014, 16:54   #8594
Senior Member+

Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
I use lightroom as well

Shooting RAW max? Looks like it from pic 2.

Last edited by gpick24; 15-07-2014 at 16:58.
Old 15-07-2014, 17:40   #8595
Senior Member+

I haven't used raw fro quite some time. I am going to set my camera to shoot raw and jpeg again.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..