Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26122Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-07-2014, 17:28   #8641
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
a lovely garden area with a bar!
Aah! Now we're talking important stuff!
Eric and mobertol like this.
Old 18-07-2014, 19:50   #8642
Senior Member+

Quote:
I took my camera along today to show you where I've been going regularly for the last 2 months as part of my campaign to get generally fitter and healthier, and try to remedy my chronic neck problem. I have been swimming 20 lengths and having 10 minutes hydromassage when I go each time. I swim mostly in the indoor pool as the sun's a bit strong outside at the moment. There is a relaxation area with a Finnish pool to plunge into when you come out of the sauna or Turkish bath (I haven't tried these yet!) Outside there are several pools set in a lovely garden area with a bar. It's called Cremona Sporting Club and it's attached to a Best Western Hotel which is conveniently near us -we can see it across several fields at the back of the farm! When it was still cool enough I walked there and back which took just over 30 mins eah way - only 5 mins in the car - so I'm very lucky to be able to go!
Very nice, and not an inflatable crocodile or lilo in sight.
mobertol likes this.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2014, 20:09   #8643
Senior Member+

A few from today, mostly from early this morning.

1-3. A fiery sunrise.
4-5. Breaking through the fog.
6. Bird on a post.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00003.jpg (426.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00031.jpg (310.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Untitled_Panorama2.jpg (263.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00035.jpg (400.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00037.jpg (282.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00032-2.jpg (407.9 KB, 13 views)
shillelagh, Eric, mobertol and 5 others like this.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2014, 20:14   #8644
Senior Member+

Today in Pictures, a compilation of two days outings, one today when I was Gongoozling, and one a couple of days ago when time was in short supply.

1. Mill Lane, a bit further on that is usual to go.
2. Looking back toward the Water Works cottages, this is a horsey area, stables every way you turn, more horses than you can shake a Findus Lasagne at.
3. The final stretch of the River Hyndburn, just around the corner it joins the River Calder.
4. LOOK......all I said was mention the "spillage" after they have done, not rant about bin strikes and smelly bin holes. Right I am going to try and get you out by tilting the bin..........and will you stop screaming.
5. Today, and the start of my gongoozling.
6. Tried it hanging over the water.
7. Liked it so much, I gongoozled again.
8. I haven't walk this way for a while, the last time I did this mound was covered in trees, not specimen ones, but trees never the less.
9. I drive passed here a lot, and most of the time don't notice this.
10. Same with this gate, its invisible when you drive past.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _1190122.JPG (452.7 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg _1190217.JPG (494.6 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg _1190224.JPG (407.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg _1190234.JPG (466.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg _1190446.JPG (478.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg _1190452.JPG (385.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg _1190456.JPG (494.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg _1190460.JPG (455.9 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg _1190463.JPG (406.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg _1190478.JPG (434.4 KB, 11 views)
Old 19-07-2014, 03:40   #8645
Senior Member+

A few naughty ones ......I even managed to catch a bit of lightning in the first shot
DSCF3324.jpgDSCF3330.jpgDSCF3314.jpgDSCF3320.jpgDSCF3326.jpg

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2014, 07:58   #8646
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
A few naughty ones ......I even managed to catch a bit of lightning in the first shot
Attachment 42612Attachment 42613Attachment 42614Attachment 42615Attachment 42616
Why naughty?? You ween't really up on the Viaduct were you?!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2014, 09:31   #8647
Senior Member+

Quote:
Attachment 42612Attachment 42613Attachment 42614Attachment 42615Attachment 42616
Do you not sleep at night?
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2014, 12:43   #8648
Senior Member+

I was walking past a cafe in Bury and the two ladies smiled at me, I don't know why, so I asked them to pose for me.
They wanted a copy of the photos if they did.
They said it would be all right to put them in the Plant and heavy machinery magazine and mention the cafe they run. I had already taken the photos of the machinery for the magazine so they will fit in nicely. A bit of advertising as well for the cafe, which I didn't go in so I can't comment.

oops, I don't know how the penny farthing slipped in. nothing to do with the story.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mag 31.JPG (236.9 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Mag 32.jpg (335.8 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_6492.jpg (350.6 KB, 11 views)
Old 19-07-2014, 12:59   #8649
Senior Member+

Quote:
Why naughty?? You ween't really up on the Viaduct were you?!
They are a "little naughty" due to them being taken while (trespassing) .
Yes, I was up on the viaduct at 3am I wanted some footage/shots of the Arndale from a angle you don't really see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
Do you not sleep at night?
It depends , on this occasion I knew the maintenance train wasn't running and wanted to film the Arndale (with the lightning) from that angle.Sadly, when I got home and was viewing the footage I forgot I had the camera set to delete frames an accidentally deleted my footage (gutted) .

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2014, 22:09   #8650
Senior Member+

Today in Pictures, a damp day today, but,.............. all together now............... "If it's not wet you are not doing it right".

1. Damp days mean droplet days.
2. Looking at it now gives no impression of its former use.
3. Willowherb, a prolific weed, but close up a thing of beauty.
4. Although wet through they are giving off a heavy perfume.
5. Its very quiet for a train line.
6. A moist Geranium.
7. Not a day for a sit down.
8. There is always a wet bit if wet bits are around.

9. "My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.'

10. The entrance to Shoe Mill.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _1190491.JPG (348.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg _1190502.JPG (441.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg _1190505.JPG (360.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg _1190510.JPG (452.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg _1190520.JPG (483.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg _1190550.JPG (431.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg _1190569.JPG (448.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg _1190582.JPG (426.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg _1190646.JPG (498.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg _1190700.JPG (445.3 KB, 11 views)
Old 20-07-2014, 10:15   #8651
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Last couple of days here & things have been rather warm (all sorts drooping everywhere! ) So being a mad dog & an Englishman, the Witchity one & Hound were dragged out in blazing heat & wilting sunshine to go visit our friends amongst the "Trekker loonies" doing what Trekker fans do.

Getting a damned good threshing
- A British relict (made in Lincoln) powering German machinery, oh how things have changed - Aye Lad, I'll 'ave Ee (but in German) - It's all about the Beer & Beer bellies, I aspire to one day catch up with these fine examples, need a few more Beers & Bratties though! - Magic? Hoodoo? Or just plain optical illusion? - A couple of old timers, well it is supposed to be about Tractors after all - An old Volvo all prettied up - A Trekkerists delight out in the Uhloo! - The long suffering Wifey & Hound (Using the Impressive art setting).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1000104(1).jpg (286.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg P1000105(1).jpg (246.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg P1000106(1).jpg (215.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg P1000108(1).jpg (203.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg P1000109(1).jpg (324.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg P1000110(1).jpg (309.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg P1000111(1).jpg (320.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg P1000116(1).jpg (246.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg P1000114(1).jpg (224.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg P1000118(1).jpg (318.8 KB, 8 views)
Old 20-07-2014, 11:35   #8652
God Member

Quote:
They are a "little naughty" due to them being taken while (trespassing) .
Yes, I was up on the viaduct at 3am I wanted some footage/shots of the Arndale from a angle you don't really see.

It depends , on this occasion I knew the maintenance train wasn't running and wanted to film the Arndale (with the lightning) from that angle.Sadly, when I got home and was viewing the footage I forgot I had the camera set to delete frames an accidentally deleted my footage (gutted) .
Tsk,tsk!!! Remember: Taking pics of some of the places you see is DANGEROUS . I do not condone or encourage breaking the law or unsafe behaviour...your words not mine.

(Please note UK spelling of "behaviour"!)
Accyexplorer likes this.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 20-07-2014, 11:39   #8653
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
Today in Pictures, a damp day today, but,.............. all together now............... "If it's not wet you are not doing it right".

1. Damp days mean droplet days.
2. Looking at it now gives no impression of its former use.
3. Willowherb, a prolific weed, but close up a thing of beauty.
4. Although wet through they are giving off a heavy perfume.
5. Its very quiet for a train line.
6. A moist Geranium.
7. Not a day for a sit down.
8. There is always a wet bit if wet bits are around.

9. "My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.'

10. The entrance to Shoe Mill.
We hadn't had a nice set of droplets for quite a while from you Dave - nice photos and I see the return of your favourite conditions had you waxing positively lyrical ...or should that be "poetical"?!

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 20-07-2014, 11:41   #8654
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Last couple of days here & things have been rather warm (all sorts drooping everywhere! ) So being a mad dog & an Englishman, the Witchity one & Hound were dragged out in blazing heat & wilting sunshine to go visit our friends amongst the "Trekker loonies" doing what Trekker fans do.

Getting a damned good threshing
- A British relict (made in Lincoln) powering German machinery, oh how things have changed - Aye Lad, I'll 'ave Ee (but in German) - It's all about the Beer & Beer bellies, I aspire to one day catch up with these fine examples, need a few more Beers & Bratties though! - Magic? Hoodoo? Or just plain optical illusion? - A couple of old timers, well it is supposed to be about Tractors after all - An old Volvo all prettied up - A Trekkerists delight out in the Uhloo! - The long suffering Wifey & Hound (Using the Impressive art setting).
Looks like we're having the same sort of weather - we don't have those kind of get togethers here in Italy though some villages have Beer Festivals with barbecues and tribute bands on - my other half is off to one of those tomorrow evening with his buddies.

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 20-07-2014, 12:27   #8655
Senior Member+

I like the look of the steam boiler/engine driving the thresher Dave I G. My kind of farm tackle.
Only yesterday I was looking at the price of castings to make a similar model for my next project.
It's only about a foot long so it will take a long time to thresh even my lawn.
DaveinGermany likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..