Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26118Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2014, 21:48   #8881

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
I was aware of a punnet of birds whooshing past, I thought they had passed and only noticed two had made it into the picture when it was uploaded.
Hah hah - I really had to look for the second one
davemac likes this.
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-08-2014, 21:51   #8882
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
Yes, it is a slippery slope, even over here. Most hospitals have exorbitant parking costs, so we are in effect paying to visit the sick. It's part of their funding formulae. I avoid parking there whenever possible, as we pay enough tax to support them, I think.
Its not easy parking off site, especially if there is a need to use the disabled parking, and at peak times queuing on the main road is possible, and getting onto the car park can involve waiting at the barrier until someone exits the site, and for this stress and strain you are charged almost £2, this was almost what I earned per week as an apprentice.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 21:57   #8883

Quote:
Its not easy parking off site, especially if there is a need to use the disabled parking, and at peak times queuing on the main road is possible, and getting onto the car park can involve waiting at the barrier until someone exits the site, and for this stress and strain you are charged almost £2, this was almost what I earned per week as an apprentice.
Wow. That's just not good enough for folk already in distress with sick and poorly relatives, or going in themselves for their own issues. I can see that I'm fortunate in where I live, there is usually a shopping mall with a huge parking lot fairly near to the hospital. A bit of a hike is ok, and so far the mall in question has turned a blind eye. It isn't always the case.
davemac likes this.
Old 01-08-2014, 22:11   #8884

I thought I'd better get us back on thread before we get our wrists slapped
So I just stepped out onto my patio and snapped a few with my ipad. Don't know how these will come out, but here goes! We've just had a thunder storm complete with hail, so everything is dripping wet. Little Miss Pris is growing as you can see.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (226.1 KB, 10 views)
Old 01-08-2014, 22:13   #8885
Senior Member+

I`ve only been to spring wood (whalley) once, about 6-8 weeks ago, and I must admit I didn`t pay. I did look for a pay&display, and even asked someone and was told the parking was free, didn`t see a voluntary payment.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 22:14   #8886

Hmmmmm... Don't know what happened to the other photos! I'll try again
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (340.0 KB, 7 views)
shillelagh and davemac like this.
Old 01-08-2014, 22:14   #8887
Senior Member+

Quote:
I thought I'd better get us back on thread before we get our wrists slapped
So I just stepped out onto my patio and snapped a few with my ipad. Don't know how these will come out, but here goes! We've just had a thunder storm complete with hail, so everything is dripping wet. Little Miss Pris is growing as you can see.
The thunder storm seems to have turned your world upside down.
Turtle likes this.
Old 01-08-2014, 22:21   #8888
Senior Member+

Quote:
Unfortunately, the car park isn`t owned by the NHS (not 100%, but I don`t think the hospital building is either), even hospital staff get charged, and that amount is about to increase by approx 130%

Last edited by gpick24; 01-08-2014 at 22:29.
Old 01-08-2014, 22:21   #8889

I don't know why they're coming upside down
I've rotated it, let's see if I can fool this thing!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (333.6 KB, 4 views)
shillelagh and gpick24 like this.
Old 01-08-2014, 22:23   #8890

A rather frustrated Turtle here! I'll try again tomorrow on my desktop computer after these storms have passed. My ipad has done this before - don't know why!
Old 01-08-2014, 22:27   #8891
Senior Member+

The internet gremlins are up to no good Turlte.
Turtle likes this.
Old 01-08-2014, 22:30   #8892
Senior Member+

not this gremlin
mobertol and Turtle like this.
Old 01-08-2014, 22:30   #8893
Senior Member+

Quote:
A rather frustrated Turtle here! I'll try again tomorrow on my desktop computer after these storms have passed. My ipad has done this before - don't know why!
Is your ipad upside down with rotate screen lock on?
Old 01-08-2014, 22:34   #8894

Could be! Just a sec...
Old 01-08-2014, 22:37   #8895

Ok here goes - screen right side up and rotate lock off...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (357.0 KB, 6 views)

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..